Just for you guys... SILENT INTERLUDE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
As a special treat for my fellow JOE ARAH fans at SFF, here is what might be one of the single coolest comic book issues of all time, "Silent Interlude"... Issue #21 of the original Marvel comic series. Sorry the images couldn't be a bit bigger, but you'll still be able to enjoy it.

"Silent Interlude" showcases many things...

• The utter coolness of '82 Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow
  • How much Larry Hama's comic series owned all
  • That a story doesn't need a single spoken word to kick ass
  • Why ARAH will always be the best era of G.I. JOE

Enough words. This is, after all, a thread dedicated to SILENT INTERLUDE. For those who are familiar with it, enjoy it again. For those who've never read (seen) it... prepare to be dazzled:

silentinterlude01.jpg

silentinterlude02.jpg

silentinterlude03.jpg

silentinterlude04.jpg

silentinterlude05.jpg

silentinterlude06.jpg

silentinterlude07.jpg

It's a decent book. It's also one of the reason I never accepted Storm Shadows turn of events of of why he joined Cobra. The second to last page shows that is IS a bad guy.

Sidenote, my favorite comic is Saga of the Swamp Thing #21. How Moore changed who we though Swamp Thing was, was mind blowing.

Always a favorite and one of the greatest comics of all-time. Many have tried to duplicate it in other comics but just couldn't do it. The combination of story telling and great artwork made this comic a milestone in the Marvel age of G.I.Joe. Thank you for putting it up.

wow. I didnt think I ever had any Joe comics as a kid, but after seeing that I KNOW I had that issue and it was one of my favorites ... thanks for posting ... :monkey1

Thanks for posting that, Irish! It really takes me back! I remember getting that issue in the mail and knowing that it was something special and different! I hadn't seen it in years although I know I still have it at my Mom's house with the rest of my comics!

The second to last page shows that is IS a bad guy.

I don't know, Evilface. I think you can interpret the close up of the eyes when he sees Scarlet drop down as regret, that he didn't want to kill her. And as far as throwing the sword at Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow probably knew it would be something Snake Eyes could dodge.

I started getting this series in the mail right around issue 28. I remember as a kid, this issue was hard to track down. It was a great day when I found it in a comic shop in the city.

Sweet! I always liked when the Red ninja catches the grenade with his sai. :lol And Snakes catching the sword Stormy throws at Scarlet is just badass!

I'm a little confused why Snake Eyes was included at all. Scarlett got out on her own. There was no need for Snake Eyes in the comic. Yeah I understand he is on a rescue mission, but the fact he didn't do anything to get Scarlett out seems poorly planned.

Yeah, he catches a sword to save her, but that is only after she spots Snake Eyes and comes back to save him. She was on her way out already.

Other than that, this was very cool to 'read.' This just proves you don't need any words in a comic for there to be a story and to understand what is going on.

Definitely one the best comics in the run. Snake Eyes and SS have a better showing when they massacre their way in and out of Cobra Island in issues 46 and 47 though.

They even burst in on Cobra Commander and have him dead to rights and are all "we don't care about you right now, we're here for Zartan." Dang.

As Buttmunch said Scarlett comes out the best in 21. She gets the drop on SS *and* escapes on her own. Love SE vs. the Red Ninja on the stairs.

Back