• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Should I be worried? Advice please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba_G

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey guys -
So, last Wednesday, May 26th, I paid forum Member Darth_Thorpe for a Hot Toys Power Loader. I was told it would ship Friday the 28th, and that I would get a tracking number then. Well, here it is, Tuesday, 4 days later, and not a single peep from him. He has not even so much as logged on since I paid him.
At the very least, this seems really rude to me, considering that he knew I was just recently scammed by BRONXBEAST, and was very weary about dealing on the board again. At the most, I got scammed again. What do you guys think? Should I immediatly file a paypal dispute, or am I just being paranoid? Thanks

Id say your being paranoid at this point.

But youve reminded me i never sent tracking for the last item I sold as well.
It should be delivered to them today .... hope they dont file a PP dispute against me ... :monkey1

I would not raise a dispute at this point, besides I dont think you even can until at least 10 days has passed (I think?).
Last Wed was 27th, I bought an item on eBay on 27th from a UK seller and it hasn't arrived yet (and I'm in UK), but I'm certainly not worrying about it yet.

I know the whole BRONXB situation has left people a little wary, and understandably so but we're talking a matter of days since you paid.

I don't know where you are located but D_T is listed as UK, If you are in the US (I'm assuming you are, forgive me if not) it will no doubt take a few days at least for the item to get to you. He may just not have had chance to send the details yet.

There could be many reasons for a minor delay.
Have you pm'd them to enquire the whereabouts or ask for tracking details?

I wouldnt worry just yet, just pm them and ask if they can provide the tracking details, just give it a longer.
x :peace

Last edited:
I'd say give it some time...I do sometimes forget to send the tracking info and if he hasn't been online, perhaps he just hasn't had the chance to log in or anything really yet :)

I understand why your worried after BRONXBEAST but remember the vast majority of deals through this board are completed to everyones satisfaction :)

I don't think you need to worry yet either but I do think it strange that after being burnt by one scammer you buy something expensive from a member with NO feedback that I could find. None. I have no reason to think Thorpe is going to scam you, but you need to act smarter when doing deals on here.

Enough with all the drama in the commerce section.

If scams and paranoia persist, my guess is it won't bode well for that area of the board.

I don't think you need to worry yet either but I do think it strange that after being burnt by one scammer you buy something expensive from a member with NO feedback that I could find. None. I have no reason to think Thorpe is going to scam you, but you need to act smarter when doing deals on here.

I actually did much better this time - He did in fact have 3 positves feedback, I also had him send me pictures with his Username on a piece of paper sitting on the Power Loader. I also got a reference from him, so I followed all of the steps given in the WTB thread. I probably am being paranoid, he has an insane collection including 1/4 scales, a Queen, and even a Predator I think so I can't imagine someone like that scamming anyone.

I actually did much better this time - He did in fact have 3 positves feedback, I also had him send me pictures with his Username on a piece of paper sitting on the Power Loader. I also got a reference from him, so I followed all of the steps given in the WTB thread. I probably am being paranoid, he has an insane collection including 1/4 scales, a Queen, and even a Predator I think so I can't imagine someone like that scamming anyone.

:clap

If I had a dime for every one who sold me something and shipped it out late I would have about $1.20. :lol

Enough with all the drama in the commerce section.

If scams and paranoia persist, my guess is it won't bode well for that area of the board.

I'm sorry if this bothers you Mesa - I can not control the scamming, but as far as paranoia is concerned, that is the only way to roll when dealing with on-line forums IMO. If you allow people time to privately give excuses, you will never win. You've got to make people publicly accountable. We saw it with Bronxbeast - Had we all just sat back and waited, we would all be SOL and out a lot of money. As it is though, I knew that the very best course of action was to bring it to the forums attention, at which point all the others who were scammed by him came out of the cracks and allowed us to get our money back. I suggest that if these types of posts bode poorly for the commerce section, then perhaps a "Problem" or "Complaint" section should be created for these types of posts. Otherwise, there is really no other place for them that I see.

When I sold my Iron Spiderman comiquette the guy filed a dispute against me 18 hours after the auction ended and said that he had never received the item?!!?! I called paypal up and asked how he was supposed to receive the item within that amount of time and that I had actually shipped the item and sent tracking info within 20 hours of auctions end. Their response: "Nothing we can do but wait on it to arrive and then try to deal with him."

Honestly, if it were me I would be a little concerned and yes I think it is a little rude of him not to send a quick note. Having said that, I would wait 7-10 days after he quoted a 'ship date' to file any dispute - give him the benefit of the doubt. Have you tried emailing him thru his paypal email address?

I dont know if I wouldve called him out yet but I think you have every right to be concerned. Just give it time, Im sure you'll be ok, good luck........

I wanna be clear that I am 100% not calling him out - Unless I need to later. I just wanted to see what the norm was for deals on here, because I'm still really new.

I wanna be clear that I am 100% not calling him out - Unless I need to later. I just wanted to see what the norm was for deals on here, because I'm still really new.

Hey and thats what this community is here for, helping other collectors out in any way they can. Hopefully you hear something soon and get your stuff.

If you used paypal then you can always get your money back. If not next time you should only deal with paypal and credit cards. Thats the best advice I can give you.

I would have to agree with others... delays in shipping and poor communication are fairly common. I know I try to keep up on things, but can admit I've been guilty of similar offenses.

Hopefully this works out well and you get your item, but at this point I wouldn't get too worried.

I got my tracking number early this morning - Which is good, cause Darth_Thorpe is a stand up guy - and bad because I feel like a big 'ol jerk now :p Sorry for the paranoia, I truly do apologize, but I hope you guys can understand why I would be gunshy about it :) Bronxbeast was awful, but so far everyone else has been amazing. Thanks for the advice all.

Sometimes buying on the forums is a tad more laid back. Items tend to take a few more days to ship, payments tend to take a few more days to get sent. I enjoy it that way, sometimes selling on ebay can be alot of pressure. I am glad everything worked out for you.:peace

I thought it wasnt possible to file a dispute when buying outside eBay, so does that mean its just as "safe" to buy statues here on the forum like it is over at eBay?
As long as the payment method is Paypal..

I got my tracking number early this morning - Which is good, cause Darth_Thorpe is a stand up guy - and bad because I feel like a big 'ol jerk now :p Sorry for the paranoia, I truly do apologize, but I hope you guys can understand why I would be gunshy about it :) Bronxbeast was awful, but so far everyone else has been amazing. Thanks for the advice all.

Glad it all worked out :)

It could be worth editing your Original Post so that people don't just pop in, read the first post and think bad of Darth_Thorpe

Back