Sideshow, when you make Destro...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
We want the one, true Destro design:

DMC10385.jpg

255px-RAH_Destro02.jpg

destro.jpg

NO Devil's Due crap.

NO Movie-inspired garbage.

NO Hasbro variant "Pimp" stupidness.

And, also... NOT EVEN the "modernized" design from G.I. JOE RESOLUTE.

Original Destro design or FAIL

destro.jpg

And we want a CHROMED helmet, damnit! :lecture

Last edited:
GIJOE is 'meh' to me, but I agree 100% with the principle of adhering to original designs.

I wouldn't mind if he came with that big trenchcoat he wore in Resolute, as long as he had the classic stuff underneath.

I agree that we gotta go with the original RAH design and we gotta have the briefcase, but I wouldn't mind them including a long trenchcoat from Resolute. As long as they don't have him in a suit from the movie I will probably be happy.

The open shirt makes me a little nervous. Sideshow doesnt have a body that can pull off a classic Destro and do it justice.

But, obviously classic is the way to go.

The new, larger Prometheus could work granted they don't have the shirt open TOO low:

052009pro07.jpg

About this low would be fine:
DMC10385.jpg

Original design or fail. Of course that's pretty much my stance on everyone except Snake Eyes and Hawk.
Fail there, imho. While I do like Sideshow's Snake Eyes a lot (and the '85 design is fine) it's still inferior to the true, classic '82 Snake Eyes:

GIHOH-SNAKES1-00002-00081_large.jpg

Hell, even RESOLUTE got him right:

ResoluteSnakeEyesPosed.jpg

Classic is fine by me. I do like the way he looks on issue #29 of Devils Due.
That pretty much was the classic look:

comic29_l.jpg

Fail there, imho. While I do like Sideshow's Snake Eyes a lot (and the '85 design is fine) it's still inferior to the true, classic '82 Snake Eyes:

GIHOH-SNAKES1-00002-00081_large.jpg

Hell, even RESOLUTE got him right:

ResoluteSnakeEyesPosed.jpg

That pretty much was the classic look:

comic29_l.jpg

SE looks bad ass. I'm cool with how he came out.

Well, then go with it. I like how his outfit looks and that it doesn't come all the way down to his navel.

Back