PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see next?

Kibishii
05-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Since so many polls are popping up, I will post one that I don't think we have seen yet. We have: Snake-Eyes, Cobra Commander, Cobra Trooper, and Storm Shadow. What character do you want to see next? Obviously, I couldn't include every popular character in the list, so I picked the ones that I saw the MOST in the earlier discussion from back in January.

ALL of the above would be great choices, but I want to see who is MOST wanted.

I personally found it difficult to separate the Joes and Cobras, but didn't want to make two threads. Runner-Ups left off the list: The Twins, Roadblock, Gung-Ho, any 'troops,' Stalker, and Serpentor. If you have any that would like to see not on this list, chime in.

MANDO
05-31-2009, 04:24 PM
I actually voted Destro, although there's any body on that list I would turn down.

But I think Destro is the next big name Cobra I'm looking forward to the most. Wrist rockets, laser pistol, backpack/briefcase hopefully with a machine that can be assembled. V1 look is a must!!! :rock

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 04:25 PM
EVERYONE on this list needs to be made. :lecture

This is why I cannot vote for just one (though we do need another JOE at this point in time, so it would be either Duke or Flint)

furystorm
05-31-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree everyone on the list needs to be made, but I voted Duke. I would have voted Firefly, but we really need another Joe before another Cobra.

MANDO
05-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Sadly it'd take 2 1/2 years to get that # of figures. :(

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn92/XMPhotos/army.gif

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Sadly it'd take 2 1/2 years to get that # of figures. :(

I know. :monkey2 :monkey2

da Bronx Commando
05-31-2009, 04:30 PM
I too voted for Destro, only because he was my favorite Cobra member. But I do agree that a Joe will me made next. I would say Flint before Duke, but it would most likely be Duke because of his status.

lerath666
05-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Voted Scarlet. She'd be a nice one to pose with Snake eyes.

Kibishii
05-31-2009, 04:33 PM
And remember, Sideshow will throw in the random 'obscure' choice so they don't burn through all of their most popular characters first. Although, there are some obscure characters that I would really like as well. Doesn't surprise me at all that Duke is leading the poll since outside of Snake-Eyes he is probably the most recognized Joe, but I think Firefly could turn out to be the coolest in 1/6th scale.

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Voted Scarlet. She'd be a nice one to pose with Snake eyes.

Ugh... the female Buck. :monkey4

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 04:35 PM
And remember, Sideshow will throw in the random 'obscure' choice so they don't burn through all of their most popular characters first. Although, there are some obscure characters that I would really like as well. Doesn't surprise me at all that Duke is leading the poll since outside of Snake-Eyes he is probably the most recognized Joe, but I think Firefly could turn out to be the coolest in 1/6th scale.

True. But I will go on record right now as stating that if Sideshow does not have plans to make EVERY character on the list in this poll (in their classic RAH designs), they suck. :lecture

MANDO
05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
No love for poor Beachhead yet. But I'm certain that Khev is a shoe-in for Hawk! :D

EVILFACE
05-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Duke. We need some Joes.

bran-chan
05-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Beach Head. I was stoked when I heard he was definately in the works. Now I'm ready to buy.

King Darkness
05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Voted Firefly. But Zartan or Destro are right there too. Any of the 3 would be great imo.

I know we are lacking on the Joe front, but I have always been more into Cobra, so more Cobra figures is what I want :rock

lerath666
05-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Ugh... the female Buck. :monkey4

QFT, but body swap, problem solved.

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 06:24 PM
QFT, but body swap, problem solved.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of spending and additional $30-$50 on a figure to make it look like it should have out of the box.

The Josh
05-31-2009, 06:39 PM
I'd like to see Duke myself.

The Craw
05-31-2009, 06:45 PM
voted duke. we need more Joes. not looking foward to any females until they decide to get a better body.

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 06:46 PM
He doesn't need to be next, but I voted for Major Bludd because he deserves at least 1 vote and must be made. :lecture

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 06:47 PM
voted duke. we need more Joes. not looking foward to any females until they decide to get a better body.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

MANDO
05-31-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm too afraid that Scarlett or the Baroness would come out looking like Ilum Padme.:monkey1

lerath666
05-31-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm tired of spending and additional $30-$50 on a figure to make it look like it should have out of the box.

I agree, however sideshow has alreadys stated that they have no immeadiate plans to make a new female body.
if my options are get female figure that needs a bofdy swap, or not get ANY at all, i'll do the swap.

on the plus side, the new triad body looks promising.

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm too afraid that Scarlett or the Baroness would come out looking like Ilum Padme.:monkey1

Somewhere between that and Lara Croft. And neither is great, imho... especially for $100. The female Buck is absolutely terrible.

I agree, however sideshow has alreadys stated that they have no immeadiate plans to make a new female body.
I know. And that's both disheartening and :banghead

Khev
05-31-2009, 07:02 PM
No love for poor Beachhead yet. But I'm certain that Khev is a shoe-in for Hawk! :D

Heh, I actually am looking forward to both Beach Head and Firefly more than Hawk but I figure the next announcement should be a Joe leader-type so I went with him. Duke is the more likely possibility and I certainly won't complain if he's the next one we see.

thenammagazine
05-31-2009, 07:16 PM
I think Cobra needs a little R&R. Bring on Duke!

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 07:53 PM
One thing that is dead-one about this list (other than ALL of these characters are a must) is that the next for JOEs need to be:

Duke
Flint
Beachhead
Hawk

:lecture

ShazBo
05-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Seriously??? Seriously? Only 2 votes for the Baroness? Lame-sauce sandwich with a side order of weak-sauce and fries.

7 Votes for the Duke? He's sooo dull. Ya I get the fact that they need to have more Joes but Cobras were always more interesting. Besides they already released the best Joe, Snake-eyes!

IrishJedi
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Seriously??? Seriously? Only 2 votes for the Baroness? Lame-sauce sandwich with a side order of weak-sauce and fries.
No one should be very keen for ANY female character from Sideshow in 12" form, and here's why:

http://www.reelcollectibles.co.nz/images/starwars/12/star_wars_sideshow_aayla_secura_12_inch_4.jpg

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/barbie340x300(1).jpg

7 Votes for the Duke? He's sooo dull.
:thwak :thwak :thwak

Kibishii
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Firefly is great, but a bit over-rated.

Firefly seems kind of useless to me. Most of the stuff he does could have been handled by Storm Shadow or Zartan, so he seems like a "back up" choice to me.
Bah, Firefly is an assassin, an explosives expert, AND a ninja. Don’t get me wrong, SS and Zartan are bad ass, but Zartan likes attention and is more of a spy/thug. While Zartan is driving around in the swamps and playing with his masks, Firefly would be rigging his Dreadnok base with C4. And, c’mon, Firefly has that nifty backpack and phone!
C4/blowing up stuff > masks/color changing skin

ShazBo
05-31-2009, 08:52 PM
No one should be very keen for ANY female character from Sideshow in 12" form, and here's why:

http://www.reelcollectibles.co.nz/images/starwars/12/star_wars_sideshow_aayla_secura_12_inch_4.jpg

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/barbie340x300(1).jpg

:thwak :thwak :thwak

LOL. :rotfl I know that's why I plan to swap the body. I mean take a look a Snake-Eyes, he wasn't any better. I plan to swap Snake-Eyes' body too because he looks like McCain after he was release from the Viet-cong POW camp.

:lol I'm a douche.

And don't get mad at me Duke is Boring. What going to be special about him?

- Blond hair Headsculpt
- Green Camo
- M16
- 2 pistols

= $100 USD

Heck you could just buy one of Hot Toys SPECIAL FORCES figures and probably have a better Duke than SideShow. LOL Watch me eat my own words :monkey1 a couple of months down the line and have SSC make one of the best look figures they've made in a while. But I'd be happy because I DO want them to make an awesome Duke and not some blonde dude with Green Camo and a M16. :lol

Buttmunch
05-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah, as a figure Duke would be the most boring of any of the characters on that list.

EVILFACE
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Duke boring?

I don't see how. He had a great looking traditional looking uniform and gear.

Lots of bandwagon fans here.

Bloodsport
05-31-2009, 11:13 PM
the hell with the Joes I want COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBRA
Bring on the evil twin broooooooooooothers Tomax and Xamot
Zartan, B.A.T, Serpentooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor, Dr. Mindbender,
well for the joes give me Dusty, Alpine, Mainframe, Flint, Roadblock,

ShazBo
05-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Duke boring?

I don't see how. He had a great looking traditional looking uniform and gear.

Lots of bandwagon fans here.

I see we have degraded ourselves to Name calling. :mwaha

There's a reason why Duke was not the first figure to be release in the Series and there's a reason why all the figures that were released after Snake-Eye have been all Cobra. Because Cobra's Uniform and Gear has always been more interesting. Joes' Gear and uniform are way too traditional and it's something that we've all seen before. Snake-Eyes is the one that stands out the most for Joes and it is the reason why casual fans remember him the most.

If you read my previous post you would know that I do want an awesome Duke figure. But if you kept him exactly like he was in the Cartoon then it's a total waste of $100 because you could probably kitbash a better figure with the same look for around $50 or under. Case and point, (I'm going to use an announced figure as an example) on the Onesixthwarrior forums some dude was kitbash a couple of Cobra Troopers that look just as good as the Sideshow one. The Price $35 USD each.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92443

the hell with the Joes I want COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBRA

Damn Straight Hail Cobra!

IrishJedi
06-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Duke will come with a ^^^^ load of gear, just like Snake Eyes and Cobra Trooper. Hell, even the Commander had a huge gear load-out... Duke should have more. And he could also come with a jetpack, optional helmeted head and U.S. Flag on a pole. :lecture

Those $35 Cobra Troopers are pretty kewl, though.

EVILFACE
06-01-2009, 02:59 AM
The boring character is winning the poll. All the figures of GIJoe could be kitbashed far cheaper that what SS is offering them, but that isn't the point.

While those custom troops look good, they are missing distinct helmet that makes them Cobra Troopers. They looking like nothing more than a SWAT team with Cobra logo on them.

Khev
06-01-2009, 04:58 AM
Bah, Firefly is an assassin, an explosives expert, AND a ninja.

Since when?

http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/84cobras/firefly.jpg

Firefly is all about shooting things and blowing things up. He ain't a ninja.

Khev
06-01-2009, 05:02 AM
- Blond hair Headsculpt
- Green Camo
- M16
- 2 pistols

I hope he doesn't come with an M-16. He should come with Snow Job's laser rifle and a classic M-32.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/83/83card/duke.jpg

creature4000
06-01-2009, 05:06 AM
I want Zartan or Firefly... but I voted Duke.

Until somone like Duke gets made... I have NO faith in this line making it too far.

Kibishii
06-01-2009, 07:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(G.I._Joe)

In the comics, he is a trained ninja (c'mon, almost all characters in comics are ninjas). Although, I agree that the more traditional RAH terrorist is more widely known.

JokersWarPig
06-01-2009, 07:33 AM
I was hoping for Dusty, but dook sounds good to

Shai
06-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Zartan.:rock

thenammagazine
06-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Since when?

While I think it's kinda lame, Hasbro did produce a 12" Firefly that had the Arashikagi clan symbol tattooed on his shoulder. :huh

Deeznutz6
06-01-2009, 08:33 AM
What no love for Quick Kick??

At this point Id even take him

thenammagazine
06-01-2009, 08:35 AM
What no love for Quick Kick??

At this point Id even take him

Quick Kick on the naked Pro would look like wide open :moon!

DinoDB1975
06-01-2009, 08:46 AM
I want both Firefly and Beachhead, but since Sideshow already annouced that both figures are "in development", I voted for Major Sebastian Bludd instead.

G.I. Joe figures not on that list I'd like to see are Stalker in his winter/tundra gear, Tunnel Rat, and Low Light. Shockwave was pretty cool too, but he was essentially a rehashed Beachhead.

As for Cobras, I'd like to see more of the specialized Cobra forces before individual characters. After Destro, Major Bludd, Firefly, the Baroness, and Zartan and his Dreadnoks, the quality of "realism" drops significantly as does the suspension of disbelief. I love all of the old RAH characters, but in keeping with Sideshow's mission statement for this line, I really don't want to see Dr. Mindbender, Raptor, Big Boa, or Croc Master.

creature4000
06-01-2009, 08:51 AM
I really do want to see Dr. Mindbender, Raptor, Big Boa, or Croc Master.

Man.. I want to see these characters as well! They are all awesome IMO and are a must!! :monkey3

DinoDB1975
06-01-2009, 08:56 AM
They are awesome. Croc Master was one of my favorite figures ever with his bull whip and his crocodile...but part of the appeal (at least for me) of Sideshow's line is the awesome gear each figure has come with. Yes, a Big Boa with a Hot Toys muscle body to go with his boxing gloves maybe cool, but i want some tactical gear.

thenammagazine
06-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Not singling out anyone in particular, but every time I see a comment regarding HotToys' muscle body, I really wonder how many of these posters actually own one vs. just posting because they "look cool." They really aren't a good option for anything in this line. True they are visually appealing, but no more so than a PF and honestly, the "coolness" ends there. Over time, the rubber will rot (ED-209) if not in the absolute perfect storage conditions, they're literal dust magnets and a pain to clean, throw poseability out the window, etc. Sideshow would just be better off, sculpting some muscle parts (chest, arms, legs) for their modular Pro. Hell, some of us HT collectors might even seek out a plastic body to replace the rubber muscle bodies if the look is there.

DinoDB1975
06-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Agreed. I was using Big Boa as an example of why I would not want one of the more eclectic characters produced. I'd prefer a figure that comes with a great uniform as well as tactical gear.

creature4000
06-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Not singling out anyone in particular, but every time I see a comment regarding HotToys' muscle body, I really wonder how many of these posters actually own one vs. just posting because they "look cool." They really aren't a good option for anything in this line. True they are visually appealing, but no more so than a PF and honestly, the "coolness" ends there. Over time, the rubber will rot (ED-209) if not in the absolute perfect storage conditions, they're literal dust magnets and a pain to clean, throw poseability out the window, etc. Sideshow would just be better off, sculpting some muscle parts (chest, arms, legs) for their modular Pro. Hell, some of us HT collectors might even seek out a plastic body to replace the rubber muscle bodies if the look is there.

Show me those joints Quick Kick to the face! :banana

MANDO
06-01-2009, 10:09 AM

Call me a quote whore but this post has several valid points. :lecture

Given, Quick Kick would look terrible on a shirtless Pro. but on something along the lines of the Enterbay Bruce Lee bodies he would look awesome!

EVILFACE
06-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Since when?

I hope he doesn't come with an M-16. He should come with Snow Job's laser rifle and a classic M-32.

MANDO
06-01-2009, 11:19 AM
The Snow Job rifle is a must! That was the most prominently featured weapon on the toon.

HugeBadWolf
06-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Firefly then Beachhead,
Two of my favourite guys when I was a kid

Cheers,
Doug

IrishJedi
06-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Since when?

But didn't you guys know? Whenever a character wears a balaclava he automatically has to become a Ninja. :rolleyes:

Kibishii
06-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Since when?

But didn't you guys know? Whenever a character wears a balaclava he automatically has to become a Ninja. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(G.I._Joe)
In the comics, he is a trained ninja (c'mon, almost all characters in comics are ninjas). Although, I agree that the more traditional RAH terrorist is more widely known.
Hey guys, I agree that it is silly. But I didn't write the Marvel RAH comics (which I believe are considered canon) and in the comics he is a trained ninja as well.

EVILFACE
06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
True, but at that point I think Hama should have moved on to something else.

He is a saboteur. Not some silly faceless ninja that turns his head really fast when pictures are taken.

IrishJedi
06-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Hasbro probably forced Hama to retro-fit Firefly as a "ninja" to further cash in on the craze at the time. Either way, it's lame and contrived.

thenammagazine
06-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Hasbro probably forced Hama to retro-fit Firefly as a "ninja" to further cash in on the craze at the time. Either way, it's lame and contrived.

Yet, all the same, I can't think of a better way to train in espionage and stealth, both of which are highly needed for his specialty.

MANDO
06-01-2009, 05:50 PM
But this becomes the same argument as Snake Eyes. Being a ninja and having ninja training are two different things. I still love him though. Great figure/character and will make a killer 1/6.

thenammagazine
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
But this becomes the same argument as Snake Eyes. Being a ninja and having ninja training are two different things. I still love him though. Great figure/character and will make a killer 1/6.

True, and I agree with this. Yet ironically, both have the Arishikagi tattoos which makes them distinct members of the ninja clan. So for the sake of not having a huge debate, I'd say both are right.

Buttmunch
06-01-2009, 07:48 PM
I see we have degraded ourselves to Name calling. :mwaha

There's a reason why Duke was not the first figure to be release in the Series and there's a reason why all the figures that were released after Snake-Eye have been all Cobra. Because Cobra's Uniform and Gear has always been more interesting. Joes' Gear and uniform are way too traditional and it's something that we've all seen before. Snake-Eyes is the one that stands out the most for Joes and it is the reason why casual fans remember him the most.

If you read my previous post you would know that I do want an awesome Duke figure. But if you kept him exactly like he was in the Cartoon then it's a total waste of $100 because you could probably kitbash a better figure with the same look for around $50 or under. Case and point, (I'm going to use an announced figure as an example) on the Onesixthwarrior forums some dude was kitbash a couple of Cobra Troopers that look just as good as the Sideshow one. The Price $35 USD each.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92443

Damn Straight Hail Cobra!

Exactly. Duke as a figure is a fairly generic looking soldier figure. Where as Snake Eyes, Beachhead, Firefly, etc are all more visually interesting as figures. I'm not saying Duke is a boring character, but just that is outfit isn't as fantastical as some of the other characters. He is more grounded in reality. I suppose most of the Joes are, except perhaps Snake Eyes. I suppose this is why Cobra figures sell better than Joes. As figures, they are more visually intersting. And on a toy shelf, visually interesting sells. Or else Mattlel wouldn't make rainbow Barbies or Batmans. And it would seem childhood favorite figures still remain favorite characters. Why is Zartan so popular, he was a cool figure that changed colors. And he is still popular today. :dunno

EVILFACE
06-01-2009, 09:32 PM
SE only stands out cause he is black. GIJoes should have military looking outfits. Everyone keeps saying he is boring, but Duke is the second most popular Joe behind SE. I wouldn't say Cobra sells better than Joe, people army build with generic Cobra soldiers. Big difference.

I take is most were not around for the 82 and 83 and most of the 84 figures. They are all simple designs and rock.

IrishJedi
06-01-2009, 09:46 PM
I take it most were not around for the 82 and 83 and most of the 84 figures. They are all simple designs and rock.

:lecture :rock

Khev
06-01-2009, 10:08 PM
My favorite Joe/Cobras are SE, SS, Firefly, and Beach Head but the line absolutely requires the traditional military-types to keep it grounded in good old-fashioned war stories and patriotic heroism. You lose the Dukes, Stalkers, Flints, and Hawks and you've just got a glorified superhero comic with big guns like this junk:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15723/338972-134441-wildc-a-t-s_super.JPG

But that isn't GI Joe. THIS is GI Joe:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/pbcomics/g01/gijoe47-f2.jpg?t=1243919196

StarrDogg
06-01-2009, 10:47 PM
My favorite Joe/Cobras are SE, SS, Firefly, and Beach Head but the line absolutely requires the traditional military-types to keep it grounded in good old-fashioned war stories and patriotic heroism. You lose the Dukes, Stalkers, Flints, and Hawks and you've just got a glorified superhero comic with big guns like this junk:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15723/338972-134441-wildc-a-t-s_super.JPG

But that isn't GI Joe. THIS is GI Joe:

Sounds kind of like the new movie to me.Accelerator suits= super heros with big guns and that ain't G.I. Joe.

lerath666
06-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey guys, I agree that it is silly. But I didn't write the Marvel RAH comics (which I believe are considered canon) and in the comics he is a trained ninja as well.

True, but at that point I think Hama should have moved on to something else.

He is a saboteur. Not some silly faceless ninja that turns his head really fast when pictures are taken.

all that came into play during the goofy "ninja force" time period.

but unfortunately, he's Arasakage now. So he is what he is. He traind in stealth and espianage from the best in the buisness.

Sounds kind of like the new movie to me.Accelerator suits= super heros with big guns and that ain't G.I. Joe.

quoted for freaking truth.

Bloodsport
06-01-2009, 11:18 PM
How come nobody remember Raptor

EVILFACE
06-01-2009, 11:23 PM
I'd buy a Raptor and Crystal Ball.

creature4000
06-02-2009, 05:36 AM
I loved Crystal Ball.. I'll collect any character up to '89. Past that... nothing... maybe some of the ninjas.. just for ninjas sake.

MANDO
06-02-2009, 08:15 AM

Add Battle Armor CC to that list and I'm sold!

And there's at least a few guys I'd want from the 88 and 89 years too! :rock

Khev
06-02-2009, 08:18 AM
I'll buy anyone from 1982-87.

DinoDB1975
06-02-2009, 08:35 AM
My favorite Joe/Cobras are SE, SS, Firefly, and Beach Head but the line absolutely requires the traditional military-types to keep it grounded in good old-fashioned war stories and patriotic heroism.

Those were my favorite characters too.

Great storyline where the Joes invaded Cobra Island to rescue Ripcord. Man, those Mike Zeck covers were awesome as well.

DarthNeil
06-02-2009, 04:21 PM
I voted Major Bludd.

boba flint
06-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I voted for Flint. But then I am biased ( see user name) :D

Khev
06-02-2009, 09:41 PM

Heck yeah! :rock

http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/Classic/Wallpapers/Art06.jpg

EVILFACE
06-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Love the classic painted artwork of RAH, MOTU and even the classic GIJoe and Adventure Team.

Khev
06-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Love the classic painted artwork of RAH, MOTU and even the classic GIJoe and Adventure Team.

Word.

http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/ArtofGIJoe/ToTheRescue/IMAG000.JPG

http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/ArtofGIJoe/TheTrojanGambit/IMAG000.JPG

http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/Classic/Wallpapers/Art05.jpg

http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/Classic/Wallpapers/Art03.jpg

http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/Classic/Wallpapers/Art02.jpg

http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/Classic/Wallpapers/Art15.jpg

MANDO
06-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Tunnel Rat punching out Dr. Mindbender... Too cool! :rock Sneak Peek stealing the Hydrofoil is bad ass as well!!!

EVILFACE
06-03-2009, 10:05 PM

I want a Hawk figure just like that. Make him SS, make all the first year figures!!!!

IrishJedi
06-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I'll cry if we don't at least get Flash and Stalker.

Khev
06-03-2009, 10:08 PM

I want a Hawk figure just like that. Make him SS, make all the first year figures!!!!

We need both Hawks (82/86), but I absolutely want SS to make all 1982 figures, including the original SE. They can even give Scarlett baggier pants like in that painting.

IrishJedi
06-03-2009, 10:11 PM
We need both Hawks (82/86), but I absolutely want SS to make all 1982 figures, including the original SE. They can even give Scarlett baggier pants like in that painting.

:rock

And baggy pants on Scarlett might actually make the female Buck work... as long as she doesn't have a bobblehead.

MANDO
06-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Flash and Stalker.

:drool :drool

lerath666
06-03-2009, 10:14 PM
just a thought, would hawk's original 82 uniform make a good exclusive accessory? it's really just a helmet, sirt, and pants, you could probobly use the same boots on both uniforms.

could be a good way to do exclusive accesories on alot of them....

IrishJedi
06-03-2009, 10:14 PM
just a thought, would hawk's original 82 uniform make a good exclusive accessory? it's really just a helmet, sirt, and pants, you could probobly use the same boots on both uniforms.

could be a good way to do exclusive accesories on alot of them....

Yeah, but then they should have started that with a swap-out '82 head for Snake Eyes.

Khev
06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/ArtofGIJoe/Flash/IMAG000.JPG

http://www.joebattlelines.com/m6d/ArtofGIJoe/Stalker/IMAG000.JPG

IrishJedi
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM

Flash was my favorite '82 figure. That visor and the corded laser rifle were the coolest things I'd ever seen on a 3 3/4" figure at that time.

MANDO
06-03-2009, 10:17 PM
2 of my most wanted right there! Badass og costumes for everyone! :duff

EVILFACE
06-03-2009, 10:20 PM
The original figures, while simple designs, still look best IMHO!!!

Khev
06-03-2009, 10:22 PM
No way, Raptor FTW! :monkey5 :lol

devilof76
06-03-2009, 10:26 PM
The original figures, while simple designs, still look best IMHO!!!

That's why I never got into anything after 1986. Too far removed from the original concepts. (And I wasn't so much a comic or cartoon fan; I was mostly just into the toys.)

lerath666
06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah, but then they should have started that with a swap-out '82 head for Snake Eyes.

hindsight being 20/20 there is not reason they can't start now.

Personaly, I like the 82 desgns on Flash and Stalker, but the rest... a little too generic for me.

gotta have Hawk in something like his bomber jacket.

DPrime
06-08-2009, 06:03 AM
And don't get mad at me Duke is Boring. What going to be special about him?

- Blond hair Headsculpt
- Green Camo
- M16
- 2 pistols

= $100 USD

Don't forget his green binos!

They should do a US flag patch that's removable (velcro), as a homage to the original mail-away figure that had a US flag patch sticker. Plus it would look cool.

Heck yeah. Well, maybe he should come with an M-16 or M-4, but he does need to come with the laser rifle and M-32 as well. Maybe the laser rifle could be the exclusive.

Probably should have at least a couple grenades for good measure. Maybe an in-scale map too (of Cobra Island - how cool would that be!!!???), with case. He is a leader, after all - needs to do planning/nav, all that good stuff.

Khev
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Maybe the laser rifle could be the exclusive.

I don't see the laser rifle being an exclusive since Snow Job would have it as well. I'd still like it to be an extra head with smiling expression.

EVILFACE
06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
The Jump pack would be awesome to include. Sideshow would rule iff they offered the Jump Pad seperate and make people by both.

Do it!!!!

Khev
06-08-2009, 11:02 AM
The Jump pack would be awesome to include. Sideshow would rule iff they offered the Jump Pad seperate and make people by both.

Do it!!!!

JUMP Jet Pack is a must and totally feasible! I'll take it with Grand Slam, Duke, or even Hawk!

http://m.blog.hu/fi/filmdroid/image/peter/gijoe/General_Hawk.jpg

ortiz344
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
in order
Baroness
Destro 10 14.93%
Firefly 8 11.94%
Scarlett 5 7.46%
Flint 4 5.97%
Beachhead 3 4.48%
Zartan 7 10.45%
Duke 19 28.36%
Hawk 1 1.49%
Major Bludd 3 4.48%

ortiz344
06-08-2009, 01:20 PM

Flash was my favorite '82 figure. That visor and the corded laser rifle were the coolest things I'd ever seen on a 3 3/4" figure at that time.

mine too ,the first joe fig i ever got...

Doktor Von Evil
06-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Duke?? ugh no!