Micheal Keaton is awesome...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Michael Keaton thrilled a young Batman fan with a visit to the set of his new film after spotting the kid sporting a homemade superhero costume.

Keaton took over directorial duties on the set of The Merry Gentleman when filmmaker Ron Lazzeretti's appendix burst and had to give up the project.

The actor thrilled cast and crew with his personable nature - and showed it extended to fans too.

Co-star Tom Bastounes explains, "One day we were filming in a park and there was little boy there and he had a makeshift Batman outfit on. It wasn't like a store-bought one. He made it at home.

"He had the pointy ears and the mask and he had a Batman symbol on his chest. Michael noticed him from across the street and walked over.

"Of course the mum noticed him right away and made a big fuss. The kid was about four or five. Michael signed the kid's cape and signed something for the mum. Then he brought them both to the set and they watched some of the shoot. He's very sweet that way.

"He's very generous with his time but you still have these pinch me moments, where you suddenly realise, 'Hey, I'm working with Batman.'"

Keaton played the Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns films.

:rock Cool story.

Of course he's awesome. He played Beetlejuice, one of the greatest characters ever made.

It is cool to hear a story like this, though. It's nice to know that big time entertainers like him can be down to earth and personable like that.

You rock Michael Keaton!!!

I read that story earlier today, and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I still hope there's a chance for Keaton to return to the role that made him an icon, of they ever do a DKR movie.

CoolStoryBro.jpg

I read that story earlier today, and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I still hope there's a chance for Keaton to return to the role that made him an icon, of they ever do a DKR movie.

I wish there were even a glimmer of hope that he could reprise the role but I don't think that'll ever happen.

Great Keaton story by the way. :cool:

Yeah, and he still looks pretty good. Certainly younger than Bruce Wayne in the actual Dark Knight Returns comic.

A few more years and a Batman Beyond live-action movie announcement later and he could star as senior Bruce Wayne.

According to the Nostalgic critic Keaton is the better Batman, I agree.

Back