Crimson Guard Troopers at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed Crimson Cobra Commanders "backstory" on his order page:

He leads the forces of COBRA, the ruthless terrorist organization set on global domination, and has become a thorn in the sides of the GI Joe team. He has legions of soldiers, millions of dollars and an arsenal of state-of-the-art equipment at his disposal, yet the man remains a mystery. COBRA's Crimson Guard soldiers are lawyers and accountants by day, and soldiers by night. They twist laws and steal money for the Cobra organization, then battle enemies after dark. Troopers begin by working their way into business and government. Once they achieve powerful positions, they become officers who lead small units on secret missions. Ultimately, all Crimson Guard soldiers follow the orders of their supreme leader, Cobra Commander. Bent on world domination, Cobra Commander cuts a swath through freedom, liberty, and justice. He will stop at nothing to push his forces to victory. The only thing in his way: GI Joe.

That's a lot of background on the Crimson Guard. I hope that means we're just a couple of months away from seeing them revealed!

CrimsonGuardMOSC1a.jpg

So far we've been teased with CGs and Duke in descriptions for things. I'm hoping to see both at SDCC! :rock

That's my favorite troops type right there! They look so awesome with the red and silver and they had such a kick ass rifle too!

A couple of these guys would look great flanking Crimson Cobra Commander. Naysayers be damned! :lol

And that guy on the card art has no neck. :duh

I hope they get revealed. Makes sense with the Crimson Cobra Commander. Similar uniform, all they need is to make the helmet for the most part. Would love if they made them. Probably my fav' Cobra trooper.

Hopefully SS doesn't stray at all from the original design. It's perfect. I'm definitely getting two if they look like the 80's figure.

Their outfit really isn't all that different (pattern wise) from what Cobra Commander is already wearing. So worst comes to worse, they just reuse that. But hopefully they'll make an original pattern for the Crimson Guards.

I think we'll see Duke, Crimson Guards and good ol' Scarface at SDCC.....I'm hoping for one more Joe to be involved but who knows.

I wish Sideshow would announce and produce figures much faster! :)

I woukld get 2 :rock
:lecture

I dont think they would. They should stand out not look just like CC.
:lecture :lecture :rock

Their outfit really isn't all that different (pattern wise) from what Cobra Commander is already wearing. So worst comes to worse, they just reuse that. But hopefully they'll make an original pattern for the Crimson Guards.
They'd better damn not just rehash the CCC clothing. That would be yet another affront to classic JOE fans.

When CCC was first announced I thought it could be reworked into a VG. But I definitely think he needs a whole new shirt, etc. The double breasted shirt of the CG uni is not just a simple like the Commander got. That AK-somethingorother with the bayonet is definitely a must have though! Wouldn't turn down an interchangeable Fred head either! :rock

Hopefully SS doesn't stray at all from the original design. It's perfect. I'm definitely getting two if they look like the 80's figure.

One Crimson Guard would be enough for me. I could diplay a Crimson Guard on one side of CC and the regular Cobra Trooper on the other side.

I'm going to build either squads of 6 , or fire teams of 3 of all the troopers. however, I'm not planning on geting them all at once.

Back