The 8 Biggest Reasons the G.I. Joe Comic Kicks the Cartoon's Ass

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The comic didn't have Cold Slither so it fails.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MUU9ldY7J78&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MUU9ldY7J78&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The cartoon writers just didn't know how to use Snake Eyes, a character who was mute. He was a loyal teammate who showed up a handful of times, but the writers soon deemed him comic relief and had him breakdance and dress up as Boy George. Good Christ.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

:lecture

Hasbro forced Larry Hama to include a lot of crap in the comic book in order to promote the toys, good examples being Hardball, G.I. Joe's very own baseball player, and Raptor, Cobra's accountant who dressed like Harvey Birdman. But when it came to including Cobra-La, Hama gave a big middle finger to Hasbro and said he was not putting them in his awesome comic, no way in hell. Hasbro folded. Larry Hama kicks ass.

:rock

Comic Superior, Cartoon Inferior
STAR16050%7ETransformers-Soundwave-Posters.jpg

speaking of resolute..any links on the net to the whole episodes yet? just saw parts of them.

tthink you can watch the whole thing on adultswim.com

I'd say resolute was Equal to the comic

also, the opening ot Resolute has made the dagger that comes with Cobra commander one of my favorite accessories of all time.

speaking of resolute..any links on the net to the whole episodes yet? just saw parts of them.

You can watch complete episodes embedded at AdultSwim or even on YouTube. But I downloaded a complete AVI last night as a Torrent. There are also DVD torrents out there as well, with menus and everything.

You can watch complete episodes embedded at AdultSwim or even on YouTube. But I downloaded a complete AVI last night as a Torrent. There are also DVD torrents out there as well, with menus and everything.

Watching them on youtube right now..but I will probably download the torrents..I'm at episode 4 right now and its really really good.

Spoiled me...is Zartan in resolute? Didnt see him yet.

I love Resolute. Its a perfect reintroduction to an awesome franchise to today's youth while respecting and keeping in mind the old guard of fans who love this property. Of course it also horribly points out how a cartoon got it so right and a live action film with an amazingly higher budget went so very very very wrong.

:lecture

Hasbro forced Larry Hama to include a lot of crap in the comic book in order to promote the toys, good examples being Hardball, G.I. Joe's very own baseball player, and Raptor, Cobra's accountant who dressed like Harvey Birdman. But when it came to including Cobra-La, Hama gave a big middle finger to Hasbro and said he was not putting them in his awesome comic, no way in hell. Hasbro folded. Larry Hama kicks ass.

:rock

08-01-08031.jpg

:monkey3

he dies... ??? :monkey2

Yep, and not even in a great way. He actually feels like he's only in it so they could kill him off, just very underused imo. Obviously they had a time frame to deal with but it was one of the very few things I didn't like about Resolute.

Back