James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr`

Super Freak
Reaction score
i havent seen this posted anywhere on this site. i figure this is as good a place as any to share. the thread is bound to exist anyway.

Re: AVATAR

Huh. I didn't expect the planet to look so...earth-like. Reminds me of Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Oh, God, I hope this movie doesn't kick as much ass as Cameron thinks it will so that Hot Toys makes figures of those robot things and I have to buy them.

Damn you, Cameron, stop creating the coolest ^^^^ for me to swoon over. I hope your movie sucks (no I don't).

I had the pleasure of seeing Stan Winston talk about this movie in person. But geez, that was at least 2 years ago!

people, those 2 pics are just a tease. take it as such. the film is still 7 months away, and you want them to reveal the money shots NOW?

i'm sure cameron just cant wait to show you all the cool stuff. he's just showing restraint. return the same courtesy. be glad he respect you enough as an audience to not show and spoil everything so early. you'll get a much more rewarding experience in theater that way.

Those two concept art pictures look really awesome :rock

The aircraft on the first one looks a bit like a Hornet from Halo, but noting wrong with that, it looks cool.

Also something riding birdlike things in the background, maybe the alien species???

The Powersuit looks awesome too!

It looks kewl, but I don't see why people think this is going to do Titanic numbers.

no movie will do titanic or dark knight numbers, unless they become more than just a movie. they need to transcend into the realm of pop culture.

titanic stirred up a deranged fervour in teenage girls, and they got into groups to watch it over and over and over again. it became almost like a cult.

the same with tdk. u can call me morbid if u like, but the movie would not have had the same box office impact minus heath ledger's death (bless his soul).

avatar will be very successful. and from all i've seen/heard so far, i'm fairly confident it will be a pretty good movie. but it won't be any kind of box office milestone. unless something like the above examples happens...

nobody thought titanic would do titanic numbers. the consensus by everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY in hollywood and out, was that it was gonna sunk and bankrupt a studio.

dont be so quick dismiss avatar's box office potential. nobody knows anything when it comes to predicting the numbers.

Well if the internet fan-buzz is any indication, TDK was carried by teenage boys seeing it many, many times (as well as mainstream audiences, of course) much the same way the teenie-boppers made TITANIC a juggernaut.

I mean, have you spent much time in the DC Comics section here? You feel like you're in a Daycare in there sometimes. :lol

Hopefully, this Avatar movie will put Science Fiction back on top where it belongs. The fact it's taking Cameron about three years to make this movie, it's sure to be a special event. And with the unoriginal sci-fi movies we've seen in the past few years, I'm going to be all over this one.
One thing for sure, just before this movie comes out, I'll be staying away from forums like this (no offence guys) and anything that has information about the movie. I want to go into this movie totally oblivious to anything I am about to see or hear , so as to get the full 'effect' of the movie.
The last time I felt this way was when I saw the Matrix ( which blew me away) about ten years ago. I want that feeling again.
I'll be seeing Terminator Salvation next week and I feel as though I already know the movie from beginning to end. Bloody internet. Don't know whether to take it as friend or foe these days.
Anyway, here's hoping Cameron gives us another classic to talk about for the next 20 years.
I'm ready for the ride!!!:D

nobody thought titanic would do titanic numbers. the consensus by everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY in hollywood and out, was that it was gonna sunk and bankrupt a studio.

dont be so quick dismiss avatar's box office potential. nobody knows anything when it comes to predicting the numbers.

cr' please read my post properly.

i'm not dismissing anything. i said it won't do those numbers UNLESS it transcends its existence as a "mere" movie and becomes a pop culture phenomenon. and i never said avatar couldn't.

it's just that these sort of phenoms only come once in a rare while. which is great. makes it all the more special. :D

After Transformers 2 and Public Enemies, there are no other flicks I'm anticipating.......until December. Along side Lovely Bones and Public Enemies, Avatar has been my most anticipated film this year. I mean it's James Cameron and sci-fi, what else needs to be said?! Other than, I wish a trailer would come out soon!

Back