Would you buy SSC figures of the original nine Joes from 1982?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy SSC figures of the original 1982 Joes?

• Total voters

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
With so many figures in the classic ARAH line SSC obviously won't be able to make them all, or even most of them. I would love it if they could at least do the original nine so we could have one "complete" series of figures, especially with it being the original line-up. I know they aren't the most exciting compared to a lot of the later figures, but I'd love to be able to own them all. Of course I wouldn't want SSC to commit to them if they don't sell and end the line prematurely. Would you buy them? Zap, Short-fuse, and Grunt could be released as a 3-pack with Rock N Roll and Breaker sold as a 2-pack since both groups wear the same uniform.

grunt9backback.jpg

Hell yea I would.

They would not be hard to make and they all wear variations of the same thing. Clean and simple designs.

I don't think SS will, so I will prolly bash my own if I could find helmets that would work.

21st Century's early helmets should work just fine for them.I thought there were 13 Original Joes though.The other 4 came with the vehicle/accessory sets though.Like Lt. Hawk and the MMS.

All of them are awesome, and I could see SS releasing some as packs. However, seeing how the Endor troopers hung around, I don't think SS will do some of these. I do want them though.

i'd grab scarlett and stalker but i'd probably save my money on the others. i was more of the cartoon gen. since i would have only turned two at the very end of 82 and at that age i didn't have joe action figures yet

Apart from "goggle" Snake and Scarlett, probably not. Even as a kid I was never a fan of the dull look of the original, what, 13? Maybe a Grunt, just to have a figure in the classic outfit, and maybe Stalker, but for the most part--bring on the more distinctive characters, I say.

Yeah, probably, but I think I'd prefer some of the later ones, other than Scarlett and Stalker, that is. Those two at least should be made.

Probably just one...maybe. So I'd have to say no. I'm more interested in Cobra figures than Joes anyway. BBQ is a must though.

I'd buy any of the original 13. But you probably already knew that. Even Steeler, wo'd probably look odd without his Mobat tank. I'm really hoping they make Stalker in particular, he's such a cool character.

I would buy them all if they were $45-50. I wish Sideshow would go back to their old prices. I have Wyatt Earp and Billy the Kid, both were $45 each and well worth it. I just think $100 -150 is a lot for a figure, especially one as plain as the original 9 Joes.

The days of $50 figures are long gone. And the detail of the new Joe figures blows those cheaper figures away.

YES!!. I would have to. This is what I wanted all along anyway. Anything from the card art. I would dump many other toys for this. Hell, I'd dump my Star Wars Hasbro collection.

Back