Whats the best 1/6th Darth Vader figure ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uzumaki_1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey there,

I just started collecting 1/6th figures and its so sweet. I've come to a point where I want to get a 1/6th Darth Vader figure. I mean you can't have a collection without one of the baddest mother^^^^^ka's in sci-fi history !!! Anyways, I've seen the Sideshow Collectables Darth Vader figure from Episode IV:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...-21291&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

There's also this one but I don't know if its the same figure because the release date is different:

https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/6230726/Star-Wars-12-Darth-Vader-Figure/Product.html

Anyways, does anyone know which is the best up-coming or already released 1/6th Darth Vader figures ?

Looking forward to you replies,

Thanks in advance !!!

They're both the same,
there's also Medicom's ROTJand EP III,
I personally like ROTJ better

empire1.jpg

empire3.jpg

They're both the same,
there's also Medicom's ROTJand EP III,
I personally like ROTJ better

empire1.jpg

empire3.jpg

I looked that up and its a pretty kickass figure but it doesnt come with a kickass price lol. Well I dunno, I've seen it on ebay.com for $150.00 but the seller doesnt ship to the UK, which is where I live. Apart from that seller there's others but with shipping its gonna cost $180+. Plus I just spent a ^^^^ loading trying to get the 2 in 1 Superman Returns. Would u suggest the sideshow one, the one I've linked pages to ?

BTW that display cabinet is awesome. Is it by any chance the Detolf display cabient from IKEA ? Am thinking of picking one up this week, hopefully !

Last edited:
I looked that up and its a pretty kickass figure but it doesnt come with a kickass price lol. Well I dunno, I've seen it on ebay.com for $150.00 but the seller doesnt ship to the UK, which is where I live. Apart from that seller there's others but with shipping its gonna cost $180+. Plus I just spent a ^^^^ loading trying to get the 2 in 1 Superman Returns. Would u suggest the sideshow one, the one I've linked pages to ?

BTW that display cabinet is awesome. Is it by any chance the Detolf display cabient from IKEA ? Am thinking of picking one up this week, hopefully !

The only problem with Medi's ROTJ Vader, who's just an awesome figure BTW, is that he's as short as Sideshow's Lukes. He's not true 1:6. He looks great with the other Medicom Stormtroopers (not so good with their Clones though who're truer to 1:6) but falls short (pun not intended) when posing with Sideshow's figures. And he's entirely worth $180 + shipping. ;) I paid $150 shipped for mine a few years back and don't regret it one bit. However, if cost is an issue as well as size, just wait for Sideshow's. If you can afford it though, BOTH is the only way to go! :lol

I actually preferred the glued on chest piece of the ROTS Medi-Vader to the strap on ROTJ Medi-Vader wears.

It depends. if you want the best mass release Vader for the price, then Go sideshow, as it sounds that'll be a better one for the price for you.

best 1/6th vader on the market, however, is the Huricane Vader.

and while the price is not "kickass" itself, the price will kick your wallets ass, if you catch my meaning. And be Worth Every Penny. shipping would be cheaper for you to, as Hurricane Is in the Uk as well.

It depends. if you want the best mass release Vader for the price, then Go sideshow, as it sounds that'll be a better one for the price for you.

best 1/6th vader on the market, however, is the Huricane Vader.

and while the price is not "kickass" itself, the price will kick your wallets ass, if you catch my meaning. And be Worth Every Penny. shipping would be cheaper for you to, as Hurricane Is in the Uk as well.

A Hurricane ROTS

watermark.php

If your still looking PM me I know someone in the UK selling a ROTS Medi for $75 :eek: cross your fingers he still has it though.

This is my Rots Vader
vader2trpr.jpg

vader2trprANH.jpg

Last edited:
Thats the one that popped in my head when I read the title.........:lecture

Hi there, which ones Hurricane, have you got a link?...soz am a bit new to the 1/6th scene.

Sorry, didnt see page 2 where pictures of the "Hurricane" Darth Vader were posted on....seems like am new to the forum scene (not) lol !

Does anyone know how much the Hurricane Darth Vader will cost ? Cause right now I can buy the sideshow one really cheap from Play.com, or try and get a hold of the Medicom ROTS Vader. Don't know what to do. Am guessing that the Hurricane ones gonna be out of my budget but iv'e still got the Sideshow or the Medicom one to choose from.

Any thoughts ?

hi uzumaki_1, I too spent ages thinking about which Vader to get. I live in the UK too and it is such a drag as we always seem to pay top prices and have to wait ages for stuff. I ended up getting a Medicom Vader ROTS. Its great but the only prob is he's just too short. I hope when SS release theirs they make him the right size!
I bought mine from a fellow freak in the USA, top chap. I paid $155 for Vader and Kit Fisto and shipping, which I was happy with.

Hope that helps

Dorgmal

p.s. Side Show specs say its gonna be 14" tall, cool but I doubt if it will be out here for a chuffin long time.

Wow, thats pricey without lights and sound ! I mean I respect an artists work, cause its not all about price at the end of the day but I didnt know it was a bad thing to talk about it on forums, oops ! To be honest theres only so much detail that go into a figure until they all start to look the same. With photos I almost cant tell the difference wih Hurricane's, Medicoms and Sideshows. I mean theres no one defining thing that stands out with each figure apart from the material used and such. Maybe am just a casual n00b collector so it doesnt bother me much but I only try to buy figures that are very detailed. As far as Hurricane's website goes hes just got different parts of companies who have made the figures and put them together, kind of like a greatest hits lol. The only extra work I can see is the lights and sound which I might say is fantastic. So in relation to the pricing...I'd say its prob not worth it.

If I've offended anyone by my comment there then apologies...

PMEd you about pricing.

If your looking for the Sideshow one then, am not 100% sure, but I've seen it on Play.com for £75.00. Its damn cheap and thats why am not sure if its the Sideshow one but it looks like it cause of the costume and the pics are taken off the Sideshow webbie and modified (i.e white background). Check it out on :

https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/6230726/Star-Wars-12-Darth-Vader-Figure/Product.html

Also check the one advertised on Sideshow and am pretty much sure its the same one. If it is then it looks like am pre ordering this one straight...am sure u'll agree that £75 for a new Sideshow Darth Vader figure with free shipping is more than excellent in price wise....let me know what you think !

Nice to meet a collector from the UK !

hi uzumaki_1, I too spent ages thinking about which Vader to get. I live in the UK too and it is such a drag as we always seem to pay top prices and have to wait ages for stuff. I ended up getting a Medicom Vader ROTS. Its great but the only prob is he's just too short. I hope when SS release theirs they make him the right size!
I bought mine from a fellow freak in the USA, top chap. I paid $155 for Vader and Kit Fisto and shipping, which I was happy with.

Hope that helps

Dorgmal

p.s. Side Show specs say its gonna be 14" tall, cool but I doubt if it will be out here for a chuffin long time.

Indeed it is great be in contact with a UK freak!!
I have pre-ordered a Side Show Vader from Play. £74 is a bargain. I bought one of the SS stormies to but it was so disappointing. The Vader is due for release at the end of June, but you can probably add another 2 months on that date for us in the UK! Grrrr

Back