Merry & Pippin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I know there are a ton of threads dealing with these two but I couldn't find one that was specifically dedicated to "almost" finished versions of our remaining hobbits. With that in mind, I decided to start this new thread and post my 80% ? completed Pip and Merry figure. Thanks go out to Pix and Nanay for the amazing job that they have done in helping us complete not only these two hobbits but "THE FELLOWSHIP NINE"! :banana

Here's a quick pic of how I have them set up at the moment. Worked on them over the weekend and I can already picture the finished headsculpts completing these amazing figures!

(pipes are placed in their shirts so that I don't lose them...) ;)

One slight addition to the great work Pixletwin did to Merry's vest, the buttons should blend with the vest. I used Delta acrylic Empire Gold and its a perfect match to the vest.

attachment.php
merry_pipe1.jpg

Last edited:
I really like what you did with the buttons there Eric.

The only other thing I am waiting on is the scarf (and possible the shirt) BlindVoyeur said he was going to try and work up. I guess Merry's pre-Lorien cloak as well.

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

Excellent job on Merry's buttons, Prog! Will definitely do the same.

I'm not sure if I will use the Lothlorian cloaks on Merry and Pip, though. I don't have Sam and Frodo wearing their's and I'm still not sure if I will be displaying the 4 hobbits together. I kind of like the current display I have set up on a Detolf shelf with just Frodo, Sam and Gandalf. I currently have Merry and Pip standing in front of the Gondorian brothers (Boromir and Faramir) and it looks ok.

Bilbo is by his lonesome, displayed with the SS/Weta Troll busts, due to lack of display space... :eek:

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

Excellent job on Merry's buttons, Prog! Will definitely do the same.

I'm not sure if I will use the Lothlorian cloaks on Merry and Pip, though. I don't have Sam and Frodo wearing their's and I'm still not sure if I will be displaying the 4 hobbits together. I kind of like the current display I have set up on a Detolf shelf with just Frodo, Sam and Gandalf. I currently have Merry and Pip standing in front of the Gondorian brothers (Boromir and Faramir) and it looks ok.

Bilbo is by his lonesome, displayed with the SS/Weta Troll busts, due to lack of display space... :eek:

What about Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli?! :(

Back