What? No love for the Krycek eyes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisfromSideshow

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Come on folks! As an avid X-files fan myself - I think that video feature in the production blog is pretty sweet...

I guess I"m the lone X-filer on the board..:p

Your not alone Chris. I'm a huge X-files fan. I've ordered every figure you guys have made includig both Doggetts and Krycek. Bring on Skinner, Aliens, or anything else!

Where's this video you speak of?

The video is very cool! I was surprised at first that the eyes go from black to normal with heat, but then I thought about it and decided that was perfect! Can't wait for him to ship!

Thanks Chris that is awesome. Maybe a link of it should be put on Alex's ordering page. I can't wait to see it in person. Keep up the great X-files work guys!

I'm an X-Files fan (X-Files was the television show I became a fan of, way back in grade school when it first started airing), and I have Mulder, Scully & Doggett in their FBI suits....but Krycek just never interested me in the show, so he doesn't interest me at all in figure form either.

The eyes seem like a nice feature though.

The Black Oil eye color change effect worked out great! Very eerie with the music playing in the background.
So his eye color is Black Oil and with heat they change to normal then back to Black Oil? There were a few scenes where his eyes were completely black for a few moments, but I would think that his normal eye color would make more sense as the regular appearance, and the Black Oil be the effect that appears when heat is applied. He's an undercover Alien, most of the time on the show his eyes don't reveal that he has been possessed by aliens.

screamingmetal said:
The Black Oil eye color change effect worked out great! Very eerie with the music playing in the background.
So his eye color is Black Oil and with heat they change to normal then back to Black Oil? There were a few scenes where his eyes were completely black for a few moments, but I would think that his normal eye color would make more sense as the regular appearance, and the Black Oil be the effect that appears when heat is applied. He's an undercover Alien, most of the time on the show his eyes don't reveal that he has been possessed by aliens.

I, too, definitely hope that the regular eyes are the "default" and that the oil is what appears when heat is applied. Hopefully it isn't too late to bring this to the attention of Sideshow, but it really does make more sense to have the "regular" Krycek as the default version.

The way it looks to me in the video is that the eyes will be normal untill heat is applied then they will turn black. I think the color change eyes is a great gimmick, I wouldn't have ordered this 12" if it didn't do it.

But look at the description:

Who’s that mysterious man with the black oil eyes? It’s 12″ Krycek, featuring heat sensitive paint on his eyes to simulate the black oil infection. If you touch your finger to his eyes, or use a hairdryer (if you have a need for speed), Krycek’s eyes will turn from the eerie black into completely normal human eyes. The color-shifting paint application will give you interesting display and play opportunities.

It definitely seems like he'll have Black Oil eyes as "default" and that they will change normal when heat is applied. I'm sure the majority of people would prefer it to be the other way around. It's definitely an awesome idea but if it's implemented the way the description is worded, it'll be a huge disappointment.

GuruAskew said:
But look at the description:

It definitely seems like he'll have Black Oil eyes as "default" and that they will change normal when heat is applied. I'm sure the majority of people would prefer it to be the other way around. It's definitely an awesome idea but if it's implemented the way the description is worded, it'll be a huge disappointment.

I see what you mean, reading the description does sound like the black oil eyes are the default. MMmm I like you would perfer it the other way around.

Last edited:
Perhaps there's something in the process that prevents it from being the other way around? I too would rather have the normal eyes as the standard.

But either way it's a very cool feature. And looking at the sculpt I can't believe people were saying it didn't look like him.

If the soild black eyes are the default then I wish the regualr wasn't canceled. That way both could be displayed at once. I guess his new nickname is going to be sharkboy insteaad of ratboy. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm in the minority, but if I had to choose one way to have Krycek on display, I would want him with the black oil eyes. I'm glad it works this way.

I also love that he comes with the nanobot controller so I can pose him threateningly next to the 12" Skinner next year.

I have to admit I am totally disappointed with this figure and that this news did not thrill me all that much. I also have to wonder how this paint application is going to hold up over time. Will, at some point, the eyes go completely dark or will they stay "regular" and the change feature just stop working. Something to think about...

DK

Feel free to check out my 12" Hollywood based figure site, Plastic Hollywood, here: p066.ezboard.com/bplastichollywood

Back