Buffy the Vampire Slayer "relaunch"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess the Kuzuis are running out of money. even though they had their name on the credits of every buffy episode and yet they never stepped foot onto any set ever.

Doesn't surprise me. I'm sure we'll see a lot more vampires and werewolf stuff now with Twilight being so big. But then again, I don't remember really any new witch or wizard stuff with Harry Potter :dunno

It's not based on the series and Joss has no involvement. I guess they want to jump on the Twilight bandwagon.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i666afabc28491e6a5d5861d83ae30855

This sounds hopeful, right? I'll admit I still squirm on occasion when I see the movie, but I can finish it. :lecture So, I'm not opposed to a remake as long as it's done right, and since Joss isn't in the credits, I leave it up to the Kuzui's to do this one. (which I have faith that they can.) They were a big part of producing Buffy and Angel, so I remain hopeful.

Did you guys see the poll attached to that article? It lists potential Slayer hopefuls, including Megan Fox. (I'm all for that!!! :banana)

And thanks for posting this, Batty. :rock

This sounds hopeful, right? I'll admit I still squirm on occasion when I see the movie, but I can finish it. :lecture So, I'm not opposed to a remake as long as it's done right, and since Joss isn't in the credits, I leave it up to the Kuzui's to do this one. (which I have faith that they can.) They were a big part of producing Buffy and Angel, so I remain hopeful.
they weren't a big part. they just own a piece of the buffy name. the majority of those involved in the buffy series never even met them. they talk about in one of the special features on the DVD sets i think. they didn't seem to happy about it.:lol

A Buffy movie without Joss Whedon or any of the characters anyone cares about? In the history of bad remake ideas, this one's got to be right near the top.

they weren't a big part. they just own a piece of the buffy name. the majority of those involved in the buffy series never even met them. they talk about in one of the special features on the DVD sets i think. they didn't seem to happy about it.:lol

Weren't they Executive Producers though? (I don't know exactly what that title entails, but still sounds fancy? :lol)

I need to check out that feature. Do you remember what season?

Weren't they Executive Producers though? (I don't know exactly what that title entails, but still sounds fancy? :lol)

I need to check out that feature. Do you remember what season?
i don't remember. i just remember that whoever was talking about it seemed pissed and he said that the Kuzai's got a nice check for every episode and they never even bothered to venture onto a set. i think it was on the Angel special features. probably seaon 5.

i don't remember. i just remember that whoever was talking about it seemed pissed and he said that the Kuzai's got a nice check for every episode and they never even bothered to venture onto a set. i think it was on the Angel special features. probably seaon 5.

Thanks man. I definitely want to check that out. :rock

Did you guys see the poll attached to that article? It lists potential Slayer hopefuls, including Megan Fox. (I'm all for that!!! :banana)

And thanks for posting this, Batty. :rock

OMG...I was just going to say they should get Fox as Buffy....

I'll watch it. :drool

OMG...I was just going to say they should get Fox as Buffy....

I'll watch it. :drool

:lol

Megan Fox, I think, would work really well. Plus, right now, she's gone mainstream, which would really bring a lot of attention to the franchise IMO.

Doesn't surprise me. I'm sure we'll see a lot more vampires and werewolf stuff now with Twilight being so big. But then again, I don't remember really any new witch or wizard stuff with Harry Potter :dunno

Different demographic. While the books were attractive to all ages the primary demo was kids. Teen haves disposable income. Teens will go as insane as to plaster their rooms from wall to wall Twilight. Kids are fickle. They love Toy Story one year and then the next its all about Nemo. Teens are more obsessive. Trust me, I have a buddy who works for Hot Topic and they can't keep new Twilight stuff on the shelves, the girls come in everyday to see if there is something new. That is what has Hollywood trying to syphon everything and anything it can from it. Harry Potter didn't have the same reaction.

This will do poorly. Gellar has definied this character so much that people forget that Swanson even played the role. Her shadow will be difficult to come out of.

This will do poorly. Gellar has definied this character so much that people forget that Swanson even played the role. Her shadow will be difficult to come out of.

Well said. Well said. :lecture

This actually brings tear to my eye. :monkey2 Gellar will always be Buffy. :angelsmil

There's no way this would do well without Whedon, and there's no reason to reboot. If they want to make a franchise then they can make a new slayer (not Buffy) and make new stories, but there's no good reason to remake the character.

isn't there some new series on the CW next year called "The Vampire Diaries"? the plot sounds just like Twilight.:monkey1

Its based on another series of tween books out on the market right now. The early buzz is that its horrible.

There's no way this would do well without Whedon, and there's no reason to reboot. If they want to make a franchise then they can make a new slayer (not Buffy) and make new stories, but there's no good reason to remake the character.

Depends. A movie that tries to capture the TV Series will fail before its even in theaters. A movie that simply reboots the movie itself and keeps to that story which has an ending will have a much better chance and wouldn't necessarily need Whedon. He wrote the original film but a lot of the Whedonisms and stamps were definitely more visible in the show. Its purely possible that a film with a whole new take could surpass the film before it which wasn't all that great. Buffy's real fame came on the small screen.

Different demographic. While the books were attractive to all ages the primary demo was kids. Teen haves disposable income. Teens will go as insane as to plaster their rooms from wall to wall Twilight. Kids are fickle. They love Toy Story one year and then the next its all about Nemo. Teens are more obsessive. Trust me, I have a buddy who works for Hot Topic and they can't keep new Twilight stuff on the shelves, the girls come in everyday to see if there is something new. That is what has Hollywood trying to syphon everything and anything it can from it. Harry Potter didn't have the same reaction.

Well, not here in Utah. Twilight basically filled in the void that Harry left when the seires ended. Plus the fact it was written by a Mormon really helped its popularity here. But Harry is still huge here. I guess that comes with a more family oriented community though.

But I agree, a Buffy remake won't do well. At least not this soon. It would be like trying to remake Star Wars right now. The roles are too defined by other actors right now.

Back