KONG UP FOR PREORDER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching disc two on the KONG DVD, I am hooked; the stop motion animators are amazing! I will be ordering this for sure. :banana

Man, I actually watched the documentaries on the second disc last night, and I have SO much more respect for this armature right now. Believe me, I would love to own this product, but that price isn't something I really agree with. I'd pay maybe $300, but not $500. Call me cheap.

We will cross-promote a protective case for the armature

I haven't gotten the regular newsletter but the affiliate newsletter mentioned a protective case.

So how do you all feel about an acrylic case sold seperately from the figure and base? And what kind of price do you anticipate for it?

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:

I haven't gotten the regular newsletter but the affiliate newsletter mentioned a protective case.

So how do you all feel about an acrylic case sold seperately from the figure and base?

Of course would ultimately depend on the price and look, but definitely a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing them come up with something for PF line as well.

Yeah, I hope sideshow start selling PF with the option of a case at the time of purchase as an optional extra with an extra charge of course. Buying custom made cases off independent companies is v expensive.

A case would be great, but I will wait for the price reveal.

Wow, the skull on Kong looks pretty cool on the close up pictures. I'd like to get one, but I think my wife would really think I've lost my senses, which might invite too close an inspection on the rest of my SS collection...:nono

That's a pretty good price point. But, still not for me. Too many other things I would rather have.

LOTRFan said:
A case would be great, but I will wait for the price reveal.

Very good, and I wouldn't mind turning it around so you can't see the Kong plaque on the front. It's 18 inches tall, but it is also bent over, so it might only be useful for my PF LaM or Wolfman, if the base is big enough. Now about a decent 1/6 fig case...... or do people call them cabinets? The potential means many Kong Armature purchasers might not even be able to get one.

Darklord Dave said:

So how do you all feel about an acrylic case sold seperately from the figure and base? And what kind of price do you anticipate for it?

The Alien mini-bust that SSC offers, has an acrylic case. First thing I noticed when I started to unpack it, was that it had scratches. That really made me loose my appetite to check on the rest of the bust. Haven't looked at it ever since.

tempting

Very tempting,this is the most unique collectable yet...and at a much lower price point than I would have thought.Good timing as well. :winner

What's the deal with that support rod shown in the 360? Can the armature stand one its own? Can it hold a variety of poses without assistance? And the armature is removable from the base, right? I'd really like to see a vid of this guy in action.

Regarding the protective case, it appears the base is already designed to accommodate one — there is a groove cut in the top of the base to hold it in place. If that's true, the armature and base should have been sold complete with the case. I think it would have added a little extra cache to the presentation and enhanced the perceived value of the piece as a collectible.

angl_tsr_clr.jpg

FrankenFan said:
What's the deal with that support rod shown in the 360? Can the armature stand one its own? Can it hold a variety of poses without assistance?
I think this is a very good question. Only because on the featurette on the new Kong DVD they mention that the armature must be made as lightweight as possible so it can support it's entire weight on one ankle if need be during film production.
Since SS's description says its "authentic in every detail", Im assuming it should be made of the same materials and able to support it's own weight easily, especially on both feet.
And on another picky note, SS's description lists the original as using "sponge" for filler, but the Kong featurette says they used dental cotton, not sponge.

Back