M Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who's given up on this idiot's movies?

M Night Shalamalamadingdong makes caca movies. Made a couple good ones, Sixth Sense and Signs are the only films I liked.

The First Look at the Movie!!!!! :rock i cant wait to see this!!! IF ITS ANYTHING like the show!! its going to be awesome!!!

https://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/21/first-look-m-night-shyamalans-the-last-airbender/

The teaser trailer will be attached to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The Last Airbender is set to hit theaters on July 2nd 2010.

From Frank Marshall's (Producer) Twitter feed:

AIRBENDER teaser runs about 100 secs... will be out June 24th, attached to Transformers...

My kids love the toon, so I'm sure I'll see this. But like many, M.Night kinda lost me with his last 3 flicks, especially THE HAPPENING which is beyond bad. I liked his first 3 movies a lot, though.

even though i've been let down by his more recent movies, although I did find some enjoyment out of them, I still find myself having anticipation when he releases a movie so I'll rent it for sure. Maybe my expectations will be lower this time.

This is the first time he's adapted someone else's work - so I'll give it a chance. Sixth Sense buys him a lot of credit - but he's lost a bunch with Signs, The Village and The Happening.

And the series is very smart with some really well developed characters. How that will translate in a 2 hour movie remains to be seen.

M Night Shalamalamadingdong makes caca movies. Made a couple good ones, Sixth Sense and Signs are the only films I liked.

I'd say 6th Sense and Unbreakable are the only good ones. Unbreakable especially has grown on me, but not showing the train wreck and the lame "what happend to..." end title cards really weaken it for me. But the Village, Lady in Water and Happening are all god awful dreck. :banghead TLA might be something new for M. (he desperately needs to go in another direction) but I don't have high hopes based on the self indulgent crap he's peddled lately.

I thought Unbreakable was okay the fist time I saw it, but it was on HDNet the other day so I watched it again and it just didnt hold up well for me. Still a million times better than the Village, Lady in the Swimming Pool and the Crapening though.

I don't get the SIGNS haters. I think it's his best film and the one that has the most to say.

The trite 'angry at God abandoning/rediscovering faith after your loved one has died' thing doesn't work for me and neither does Mel's mugging for the camera. It's just so boring. All his films, for good or bad, are padded short stories and the payoff and reveal more often than not are either stupid, hackneyed or dull.

The trite 'angry at God abandoning/rediscovering faith after your loved one has died' thing doesn't work for me and neither does Mel's mugging for the camera.
Well, it works for me. Sorry. :huh

I also really connect with the whole "everything happens for a reason" theory, which permeates the entire film, even the title itself. And I also do believe that there are two types of people: those who believe in "signs", the "divine", what-have-you... and the skeptics who don't. And that's what the movie is all about... it just happens to be wrapped within a spookily intimate alien invasion conceit. And since I've also been into the whole aliens/UFO subject matter, I really dig this film.

Well, it works for me. Sorry. :huh

I also really connect with the whole "everything happens for a reason" theory, which permeates the entire film, even the title itself. And I also do believe that there are two types of people: those who believe in "signs", the "divine", what-have-you... and the skeptics who don't. And that's what the movie is all about... it just happens to be wrapped within a spookily intimate alien invasion conceit. And since I've also been into the whole aliens/UFO subject matter, I really dig this film.

Ugh....I hate agreeing with Carl. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth :yuck

But, yeah I agree with him here.

One other thing I enjoyed about the film is the way the handle the alien 'invasion'. Not typical over the top Hollywood alien invasion, but the complete opposite. Gave it a kinda realistic feel, which I thought was cool.

Ugh....I had agreeing with Carl. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth :yuck

It's okay... I'll pull out.

:lol

:peace

:monkey4

:rock

:duff

One other thing I enjoyed about the film is the way the handle the alien 'invasion'. Not typical over the top Hollywood alien invasion, but the complete opposite. Gave it a kinda realistic feel, which I thought was cool.
Exactly. I'd take this more intimate POV of an event like that over something like ID4 any day. :lecture

Back