New Vader Pictures for Those Who Ordered!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see some new pics.

But, the helmet looks too small IMO, especially in the pic with the lightsaber turned on.

Yeah v nice pics & nice ss bonus to peeps who ordered this. Hope this is the way ahead for SS..........v nice idea (buyer advance pics)

Awesome.... Looks like Sideshow did a ton of work on Vader. I have a feeling those 2000 of us lucky people who ordered the Exclusive will have an excellent long term investment on our hands too. Not that I'll intend to sell it,,, but heck, if the Balrog and Cave Troll were selling in the $2K to $3K range, I can only imagine how much this Vader statue will be worth in the years to come.

sideshowpdx said:
Not that I'll intend to sell it,,, but heck, if the Balrog and Cave Troll were selling in the $2K to $3K range, I can only imagine how much this Vader statue will be worth in the years to come.

This won't be worth nearly that much. There will be 5 times as many SS Vaders made (including regular and exclusive). Also, there are so many other Vaders out there such as the GG and Attakus versions just to name a few. The Balrog and Cave Troll are ONLY available in high-end form as SS/W pieces. That coupled with their low ES is why they are worth so much.

These will be somewhat valuable, but they won't go through the roof. The ES is much too high for that. These really weren't that hard to get. I've got a bunch on order myself.

The only thing that concerns me is seeing a power cord sticking out somewhere and I haven't seen any pictures of that yet. You may be right about the head, I don't remember noticing that before.

Pictures look great! I was anxious to see what the light up features look like. I can't wait.

elwood49 said:
This won't be worth nearly that much. There will be 5 times as many SS Vaders made (including regular and exclusive). Also, there are so many other Vaders out there such as the GG and Attakus versions just to name a few. The Balrog and Cave Troll are ONLY available in high-end form as SS/W pieces. That coupled with their low ES is why they are worth so much.

These will be somewhat valuable, but they won't go through the roof. The ES is much too high for that. These really weren't that hard to get. I've got a bunch on order myself.

We'll see. The allure of Star Wars collectibles is MUCH greater than that of LOTR. At the time when the LOTR statues first came out, no one had any clue how valuable would be. Seeing a $55 Luke Exclusive sell for $399 on a freaking pre-order was a good case for that.

Fritz said:
The only thing that concerns me is seeing a power cord sticking out somewhere and I haven't seen any pictures of that yet. You may be right about the head, I don't remember noticing that before.

It takes batteries as well Fritz.

I think this will be the definitive Vader to date. It will be the same when we get a 1/4 PF Aragorn and put it next to the SSW version. Or similarly putting the SS Grievous next to the attakus which costs more. There will be no contest. IMHO

SS could absolutly kill all competition with the 1/4 PF if they do it right. It's thiers to screw up.

Jesse

While I have all the SW PF exclusives on preorder, Vader is the one I am most excited about. I will probably cancel the others and keep Vader. I love the sneak peek SS. Cool way to do it.

re

I was wondering which Attakus version of Vader is deemed the best? I have the SSC figure on order, but I am fast becoming seduced into buying an Attakus statue.

yeah. and what I liked best were the sneak peak pics of the next Premium Format fig. I think its Boba. What do you guys think?

ok ok. that was all a lie spurred by my jealousy of not being able to see the Vader pics cause I didnt order one. :banghead

and even though I dont collect the SW lines, I think I may still regret not picking a Vader up..... I mean its VADER! what was I thinking

Jesseawilson said:
I think this will be the definitive Vader to date. It will be the same when we get a 1/4 PF Aragorn and put it next to the SSW version. Or similarly putting the SS Grievous next to the attakus which costs more. There will be no contest. IMHO

I agree with ya on the Vader and Grievous. I disagree with you on the LOTR pieces vs each other. Having Weta be apart of the statue line makes them the definitive versions IMO. SS will be damn nice no doubt and I will be getting some for sure.

This may have been addressed before, but I thought Vader's lenses on his helmet were a blood red color, not black in ANH. Or was that just in one of the other movies?

jlcmsu said:
I agree with ya on the Vader and Grievous. I disagree with you on the LOTR pieces vs each other. Having Weta be apart of the statue line makes them the definitive versions IMO. SS will be damn nice no doubt and I will be getting some for sure.

just some josh? :D :D

Back