Next PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
So we knew Leia was coming for a long while so seeing her wasn't a matter of who, but when. And now I'd imagine we won't see another SW PF until Toyfair, but who might it be? They've covered the important characters from ANH, except for engineering problems such as Chewie and the Droids. So who will be next? Someone from ESB perhaps?

I'd say before moving on to ESB or the aforementioned complicated pieces, its time for a single dip into the Prequels:

A Darth Maul or Qui-Gon Jinn !

I know the very word Prequel sends bad vibes down the spines of some, but those are characters I would love to have as PFs.

Lembas Eater said:
I'd say before moving on to ESB or the aforementioned complicated pieces, its time for a single dip into the Prequels:

A Darth Maul or Qui-Gon Jinn !

I know the very word Prequel sends bad vibes down the spines of some, but those are characters I would love to have as PFs.

They have already done that with Gen Grievous. I would hope for 2 or 3 more OT pieces before another dip into PT. Since we're talking ESB, then Boba, Lando, or Snowtrooper (of course they could also stay in ANH with a Stormtrooper) :banana

I would want Maul for sure. If SS made that one I'd get that one no questions asked. I actually like Maul more than Vader.

I agree, Maul definitely has to be one of the next two or so pieces.

As for an original trilogy character, I wouldn't mind seeing a pair of Jawas and a Gonk Droid, all three with light-up features. Due to the dimunitive size of the Jawa, SS could put two on the plate and even included a droid.

The only main ANH character that's missing is the StormTrooper so we needs one!!!!! :wacky :cool: Oh and the Droids and Chewie but who's counting since they're not more important than a StormTrooper. ;)

Last edited:
Dunno why, I have nothing to back this up, but for some reason Anakin keeps coming to mind. Episode III Anakin with the black glove. Maybe with Dooku's and his own lightsaber. Personally I'm with the rest of ya'll, a storm trooper or Darth Maul would be great.

Agent0028 said:
Dunno why, I have nothing to back this up, but for some reason Anakin keeps coming to mind. Episode III Anakin with the black glove. Maybe with Dooku's and his own lightsaber. Personally I'm with the rest of ya'll, a storm trooper or Darth Maul would be great.

That's the one I want to see. Will be my first premium format doll if this happens. :joy

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Personally, I don't care what the next one is until I get the ones I have on order. They should concentrate on getting those done before they put out another one for us to line up and pre-order.

:welcome Crash

And just to address your concern...

I believe SSc is striving to make the SW PFs better than anything they've done before. Just look at the article on the evolution of Darth Vader on their site. So they are making sure every little thing is done just right.

I've said it many times before, but I'd rather have it right than right now.

And I think many people enjoy seeing the new stuff, even if it's 6-12 months from delivery. They are trying to improve this as well, witness the recent Monster PFs that were available for shipping immediately.

If I'm having to make a suggestion as to what character to do next, I'm going to want something that no other company (GG) has done yet in a large form. GG has their Maul and Boba statues coming out, and while they don't quite live up to the Sideshow quality, they are large scale statue type items.

For me, I would take a Stormtrooper or Tusken Raider from the OT and an Anakin or Jango from the PT.

It really is up in the air at this point. The most likely candidates for the next PF in no particular order are:

1. Stormtrooper
2. Droids
3. Boba Fett
4. Maul

Andy said that now that the 5 main ANH characters are done, that they won't be releasing the characters in chronological movie order.

He also gave some hints that Slave Leia might be coming soon, but there a million pieces I'd like to see before that. I know that many people want that version of her, but I have no desire to own 2 Leia's. I'd pass on the slave version. The only Slave Leia I want is the Attakus one to go with Jabba.

Eventhough I would love a Stormtrooper or Maul, I don't think Sideshow would release those just yet.
Can you see Luke, Leia and a Stormtrooper beside each other??? Too much white :sick ( I personaly don't like displaying too much of the same color together - Unless there all troopers :naughty ) Kinda of a weak reason but none the less a valid one.
Maul - Well they have the 1:1 Scale bust already so to go with a PF statue now so early in there Star Wars Licence I don't think would happen. I know they have 2 different Lukes ( PF and 12 inch ) but there significantly different. The Mauls would be the same. Hey if they did do a Maul then there would be hope for a PF Greedo!!! :google ( Tell me that wouldn't sell like hot Cakes! :banana )
I think Maul and Stormy will be done eventually but just not now. My Money is with Boba, Lando or ... Palpatine :horror

I think everyone here knows I called the 1:1 scale Greedo :cool: Now Im calling Palpatine!

Done deal...nuff said!

Back