Snake Eyes Punch Dagger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakeeyes23

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
With the string/rope necklace and the clip on the sheath, where are you supposed to put this thing? Does it really go around his neck?

I attempted to wrap around the left lower leg by his boot, however it looks odd. Any pictures anyone? How do people usually carry a punch dagger around?

typically in an easy to access place. the lanyard around it is not necessary, but it can help. i put mine on the back of his hip on his left side. I also put the lanyard around his leg.
so in summary, place lanyard around leg, attach punch dagger to his belt via the belt clip on the back.

Too bad Sideshow didn't post official pix on where they intended this to go when they designed it. Where do people where these things when walking around?

Clip onto the pistol belt?

Hmm...I will attempt that.

They have punch daggers in the Army?

Clip onto the pistol belt?

Hmm...I will attempt that.

They have punch daggers in the Army?

Nope. We don't get issued punch daggers. But guys who invest in personal knives or sheathed weapons typically clip them to inside of their pockets or on some piece of web gear. Dummy cording is a force of habbit for most Soldiers. It ensures that you don't lose the item if that said item happens to become unclipped. Hence the reason for lanyards.

mine's on the elastic straps on the arm as well. be careful when you glue the clip back on. there is a small hole where the clip fits to the sheath and when i glued mine back on the glue went inside the sheath and glued the dagger into the sheath. it was a ^^^^^ to get it out without breaking it. don't glue it with the dagger inside.

Okay. The clip fell off. Gotta Crazy Glue it back on.

mine's on the elastic straps on the arm as well. be careful when you glue the clip back on. there is a small hole where the clip fits to the sheath and when i glued mine back on the glue went inside the sheath and glued the dagger into the sheath. it was a ^^^^^ to get it out without breaking it. don't glue it with the dagger inside.

:lol Same thing happened to me. Good thing I realized it was gluing the dagger into the sheath before it was too late. Just had to scrap off a little glue, but it came out just fine.

And add me to the list of those that thinks we should get instructions on where on the crap needs to go where. I just put the dagger on his belt because I didn't know where else to put it.

:lol Same thing happened to me. Good thing I realized it was gluing the dagger into the sheath before it was too late. Just had to scrap off a little glue, but it came out just fine.

And add me to the list of those that thinks we should get instructions on where on the crap needs to go where. I just put the dagger on his belt because I didn't know where else to put it.
i didn't know. a few days later i wanted to remove the dagger and i was like "WTF? why doesn't it come out." luckily i got it loose without breaking it. it does have a little glue residue on it but i was able to scrape most of it off.

Nope. We don't get issued punch daggers. But guys who invest in personal knives or sheathed weapons typically clip them to inside of their pockets or on some piece of web gear. Dummy cording is a force of habbit for most Soldiers. It ensures that you don't lose the item if that said item happens to become unclipped. Hence the reason for lanyards.

OT hey blu, ever have to dummy cord your m4 to your body cause some cherry in another company walked off without his during EIB land nav? i made one of my joes dummy EVERYTHING to his body once 'cause he lost both canteens. he looked like a ghillie suit made of 550 cord :lol

as for snake's punch, i might rig mine to the inside of his forearm...somehow

OT hey blu, ever have to dummy cord your m4 to your body cause some cherry in another company walked off without his during EIB land nav? i made one of my joes dummy EVERYTHING to his body once 'cause he lost both canteens. he looked like a ghillie suit made of 550 cord :lol

as for snake's punch, i might rig mine to the inside of his forearm...somehow

Dude, I was Airborne for 3 years. We dummy corded everything. lol

Not only did I dummy cord my own stuff, I always made my joes do the same. As a matter of fact, we had some good "corrective training" for Soldiers not having their weapon within arms reach. Good times.

Not only did I dummy cord my own stuff, I always made my joes do the same. As a matter of fact, we had some good "corrective training" for Soldiers not having their weapon within arms reach. Good times.

sigh, good times indeed. i was 82nd for 3 years as well.

Well I would like to take the time to tell both of you THANKS. I appreciate all you did for US.

I was a 13B in the only towed 155mm Airborne Artillery unit in the world back then. 1/321st FAR (Airborne). I reclassed in '98 and have been a 19D cav scout ever since. Yeah, heavy drop operations. We also did slingload ops with Chinooks as well. Hope to make it back to Bragg someday, but in a much different capacity.

Back