More DC Direct 13"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Apparently there was a quote from George Brewer about the 13" line -

The (Alex)Ross piece (shown in his book)is something he had made for himself, and does not represent a change in our 13" line. We have discussed adding his version of the characters to our line at some point down the road, but if we do, the scale would be the same. We have shown the Lex 13" and announced last weekend that Batman is coming.

There is one more for next year after him."

So next year is:
Green Lantern
Lex
Batman
??

Perhaps a movie Superman? Since they said no women, I can only guess Martian Manhunter, Flash, Aquaman (to go with the new TV show..?). I can't see a villain like Joker getting made - the body is so completely wrong for him.

If I remember correctly Blair had made a FC Superman for Ross. I haven't seen the book refered to in that text but it could well have been Blair's work. I'm still waffling on anything past Superman which I get to pick up tomorrow. I guess if it blows me away I may get GL and probably Batman. Luthor is of little interest to me though.

I assume that's the Mythology book. I have it but don't recall seeing a Superman "doll" in it. I'll have to look more closely.

I hope it's a Superman Returns figure because I doubt Mattel is going to give us a quality 1/6 movie Supes.

I got Supes yesterday, and he's a lot of fun. Not Sideshow quality, and an attachment to the stand to pose him flying would have been a bonus. Not that interested in Luthor either. He isn't recognisable as Luthor to me. Another Batman will be interesting, and I hope the Flash is the other figure they have to announce. I don't see the body as being good for the Joker either, but DC Direct don't seem to be concerned with detail as much as I would like, so who knows.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I hope it's a Superman Returns figure because I doubt Mattel is going to give us a quality 1/6 movie Supes.

Thats funny, I don't think the movie is going to give us a quality Superman either.

Ironman1188 said:
Thats funny, I don't think the movie is going to give us a quality Superman either.
GOD! If we could only save posts like these till movies actually come out...
:rolleyes:

& it'd be an Alex Ross fans DREAM COME TRUE if they'd make this in 1/6!

alex-ross-mannequin1.jpg

*ss*

Aside from him being a tad too large (yes, I'm finally admitting it) to play with the other 1/6th kids, and the funky boots, I'd say DC Direct Superman is a pretty nice figure. I'd say it is comparable to SSC quality as far as the costuming goes, not there best work, but mid-range of there releases. A bunch more expensive though. I don't really care that much. I've been waiting for this figure since my mom gave away my Captain Action. Odds are I was going to be reasonably pleased.
I'm glad they announced Batman. He's # 2 for the figures I want. Sorry no females though as Wonder Woman is # 3. Maybe Flash will be the final announcement for 2006. I'm pulling for Hourman, but I think the chances are, shall we say slim, that that will happen. I actually though they might have planned a Sinestro based on the Lex v. Supes offering. I doubt it though now. I think it will be another JLA member next time around. I'm guessing Flash or Aquaman.
Can't wait to see GL when he comes out. I think this may be the figure that will determine whether or not this 13" line will succeed or fail. A popular character but not as iconic as Superman or Batman. They are going to have to do a good job on this one to convince comic action figure collectors that action dollies are the way to go. If they can't sell the relatively poular figures like GL or Flash, than the series is going to get flushed. I hope that doesn't happen.

More D.C. Direct 13" Figures?

My hope is that D.C. Direct actually tries to do something with this line beyond the mystery figure. Anyone remember the Marvel Movie Studio figures and Marvels not-so-great attempt at 12" figures?

It seems like D.C. has this long history of starting things and then bailing on them. Case in point, the Mego sized D.C. figure line.

DK

Feel free to check out my 12" Hollywood based figure site, Plastic Hollywood, here: p066.ezboard.com/bplastichollywood

I'm down for a Green Lantern and a Comic style Batman, but not much else. I'd love a High Quality Wonder Woman, Batgirl (Barbra Gordon), and Catwoman, but seeing the size of the males in person, it's probably better they don't make them. I'd rather have them in 1/6 scale then 1/5 scale.

I'd like to see the main JLA characters made but we do need a Wonder Woman and that doesn't seem likely unless these things really sell well.

The DC 9" figures were Hasbro, not DC Direct. And they went with silver age representation of the characters rather than modern. To be fair - although Superman and Batman were virtually unattainable, the other 3 languished on shelves for a very long time.

But what were they thinking? Doing Silver Age versions of characters that are marketed to kids? That's just killing 2 markets at once - the collectors won't want them because they're more toy like and the kids won't like them because they aren't the versions they know.

And I think I've done my part for keeping the 13" DC line alive - I accidentally bought 3 of these Supermans...(Supermen?)

I saw this figure for the first time in person yesterday at a comic shop. For those who actually have the figure, do the legs look long enough in proportion to the body, to undergo a length reduction in the ankles by around half an inch?

His legs are quite long in comparison to his body. So I think you could reduce his height. But his legs are in proportion to each other, that is the length from the hip to the knee, is in proportion to the length from the knee to the bottom of the foot. So if you plan on reducing his height, you would need to remove material from both his calves and thighs to make him look right.

Now I wonder if a simple leg swap is possible. I've done this with the TB Bond figure, replacing the legs with seamless legs from a Hall of Fame GI Joe body. I have a pair of muscular, BBI legs somewhere that were similarly replaced with DML bendy legs for a figure wearing shorts.

I took the plunge and snagged me Supes last night. I went to a toy show in hopes of finding the figure with a lower than usual price but since my toy finds were pretty dismal, I headed to the comic shop where I saw it and just paid the almost $100 ($89 plus tax) just to get my intant gratification "fix" that I always want to have after going to these toy shows (boy, I am just sick!) It is indeed a cool figure, even at its size.

Here's a review I found online, which provided the catalyst for wanting the figure and the stated review points are ones that I agree with after doing a once over myself:

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=80&itemid=8363

BTW, Compared side-by-side to the Sideshow Jaws figure, this figure is about the same height.

Back