SHERLOCK HOLMES Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
:rock

<object width="450" height="304"><param name="movie" value="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/11073"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/11073" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="304" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Not the most convincing fake British accent I've ever heard, but looks like a cool movie.

Downey had three different types of Brit accents in CHAPLIN and earned an Oscar nom for it (which he was screwed out of winning by Al Pacino in freakin' SCENT OF A WOMAN). I'm sure he can still pull it off.

364123001235098102.gif

Looks like it will be alot of fun, and I certainly have faith in Downey (if Brits can steal American roles, I don't see the problem) but it looks like little more than a Victorian-set/ steampunk James Bond movie with Doyle names slapped on.

It looks good, but like Dr, Mirakle points out, it certainly doesn't seem like Doyle's Sherlock Holmes. But new and unusual takes on classic characters isn't necessarily a bad thing to me.

I'm sure it will be good, but I was reminded of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. :monkey4

Downey had three different types of Brit accents in CHAPLIN and earned an Oscar nom for it (which he was screwed out of winning by Al Pacino in freakin' SCENT OF A WOMAN). I'm sure he can still pull it off.

Oh, I know he can do a good accent, which is why I was bit thrown off by the trailer.

Strange to think of Holmes as an "action hero," but it looks cool! I've observed and been a bit bewildered by the whole "hire Americans to do British accents" and "hire Australians to do American accents" thing for a while now, but I have no issue with it in Downey's case. The man is the man, so he can do whatever he wants.

wow. Im outta the loop these days.
had no idea this was evn being made. ... Im interested ... :monkey1

Hmmm... not sure I'm like Downey Jr as Holmes. Downey is a great actor, but I just don't see him as Holmes. Maybe I just think Holmes as older and this is more like a young Holmes. Kinda like Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing. Or maybe I just think Peter Cushing was great for both of those roles :lol

I think Hugh Laurie would have been a perfect Holmes, but I guess that is because he already is playing "Holmes" on House.

But I am looking forward to this. :rock

i recon i feel the same as a big sherlock holmes fan the way a comic book fan felt about superman returns, the first hulk film or the daredevil movie or something. this is a bastardization of arthur conan doyles characters. holmes as a ladies man? gimme a break. and i love love love jude law but he is sure as hell not the reserved and subtle yet highly trustworthy and brave watson.

:monkey4

Yeah, I tend to think of Holmes as stuffy ol' Basil Rathbone, but they're obviously trying to make the character a bit flashier to appeal to modern audiences. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.

Back