info on boba fett Don post statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raider

Super Freak
Reaction score
this question is for the star wars hard core fans :D

Is the Don post statue of boba fett fully fiberglass or is it made with actuall fabric for this costume ?

i only ask because i realy hate statues with fabric on and would prefer a fully sculpted statue.

Brent%20boba1.jpg

managed to get a lead on buying one of these, any one know what there worth?

found out its fiberglass with a fabric cape, i can live with that :)

The helmet was not casted off of the real prop.They say it was but its not it is is too tight.

Your better off makeing your own replica it will be alot cheaper and higher quaility.

Billy

i have been offered one at $8k from a collector so you think thats a good price ? is the costue defently not fiberglass then?

holly crap! I'd sell you personal my suit for 8K! and its 1:1 accurate to the real deal. The DP is way off. I think he also repainted the helmet and armor the DP suppose to look worse.

I have one that I bought back in 1999. it's a fiberglass body with a cloth costume except for the gloved hands they are fiberglass.

I haven't seen one on ebay for quite a while, I think there were only 300 made.

As others have said your best bet is go the custom route. There are many options these days.

fettcarb.JPG

x26.jpg

x13.jpg

Man, if I won the Powerball Id buy it.
Pretty bad ass.
Ive never seen a custom costume look that good and Ive seen many.
Somethings always "askew"

fettcarb.JPG

thanks for the pictures blank, so his shirt and pants are fabric, what about his chest plate is that leather and his neck seal too?

do you mind me asking how much you payed and what you think hes worth today?

only reason i may buy this is because i bought the don post stormtrooper , do you guys think a custom will be easy to get made, and if so by who ?

thanks in advance

shirt, pants, white vest, neck all fabric. I paid under $4,000 but that was direct from Don Post in 1999. a few years ago they were selling for around 10-12 thousand on ebay but who knows what they're worth in today's economy.

I have no idea how hard it would be to make a custom but the parts are out there.

and you never know if sideshow will make one some day.

thanks for the pictures blank, so his shirt and pants are fabric, what about his chest plate is that leather and his neck seal too?

do you mind me asking how much you payed and what you think hes worth today?

only reason i may buy this is because i bought the don post stormtrooper , do you guys think a custom will be easy to get made, and if so by who ?

thanks in advance

what other statues did don post do ?

i have the sideshow r2-d2 and c3-p0 on order, does any more know of a cheaper set two buy but at the same quality ?

here's the fett ive built. I have it displayed on a bust, its the ROTJ SE edition.for a good fett it will cost about 4k+ to bulid on your own. Thats just parts never mind the labor:( everything was hand painted and modeled off of the Art of SW exhibit (where the real deal is displayed)

combined1.jpg

combined2.jpg

combined4.jpg

helm shots
front.jpg

side.jpg

guants
gaunt3.jpg

jet pack
compare.jpg

Full gear
blaze2_resize-1.jpg

boba3-1.jpg

Last edited:
what other statues did don post do ?

i have the sideshow r2-d2 and c3-p0 on order, does any more know of a cheaper set two buy but at the same quality ?

I know Don Post did a Stormtrooper, C-3PO and R2-D2. I'm not sure what else, if anything. I believe a different company did Vader. But you're probably not going to find the droids cheaper than the Sideshow versions, even if you could find them for sale.

To build a working R2 they run for about 14K+ a C3p0 would be about 4K+. there a couple builder groups out there.
C3p0 you can buy a kit really nice ones out there.
R2 is retarded due to all the parts you have to source out.

I was talking specifically about the Don Post droids.

From what I understand, it is possible to build a custom R2 similar to Sideshow's (i.e. one that makes noises and sounds, but doesn't move) for less than Sideshow is charging, but that doesn't include the significant amount of labor involved. Same with C-3PO. These are major projects that can become full-blown hobbies by themselves.

Back