Faux Bronze Dioramas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isildur's bane

Super Freak
Reaction score
From the Q&A today.

Yes, we do plan to release an extremely limited edition faux-bronze version of each LOTR diorama in the future. At this moment, it has not been decided if the faux-bronze version will include the Frodo accessory or not (Regarding the Shades of Mordor Dio).

So it seems we might be getting a FB COD, TOS, BAHD, etc :sick
Personally, this does not work for all pieces, its just an excuse for low ES. However, I wouldn't mind a FB COD :naughty

I do like the idea of FB on some dio's, but not all of them. It works great on the FB vs Eagle dio. and I suspect it will look great on the Balrog vs Gandalf dio., but I don't see it working that well with the rest of them. It's nice to have low ES's, but to have a low ES on something that doesn't look good and no one wants...what's the point? :confused:

I do like the idea of FB on some dio's, but not all of them. It works great on the FB vs Eagle dio. and I suspect it will look great on the Balrog vs Gandalf dio., but I don't see it working that well with the rest of them. It's nice to have low ES's, but to have a low ES on something that doesn't look good and no one wants...what's the point? :confused:

:lecture SW FB dios anyone.

I *may* be more interested in a FB Balrog/Gandy dio. Maybe.
thinking.gif

I *may* be more interested in a FB Balrog/Gandy dio. Maybe.
thinking.gif

Yeah, I think thats the only other one I would be interested in too, but I can't see the point of Aragorn at Helms deep or Gandalf vs Saruman in FB :dunno

It's a cool idea, but on ones like the Ringwraith dio, won't FB kinda take away the 'scaryness' the wraith's black cloaks give it?

No, Kara, me neither. Don't think it'll look right...

Yeah Sam, its just a darn shame in all honesty, SS can do soooooo much better IMO then FBing all of them willy nilly, which will just degrade the specialness of FB...

It's a cool idea, but on ones like the Ringwraith dio, won't FB kinda take away the 'scaryness' the wraith's black cloaks give it?

Now thats a really good point :lecture

Yeah, I think thats the only other one I would be interested in too, but I can't see the point of Aragorn at Helms deep or Gandalf vs Saruman in FB :dunno

A faux bronze Orthanc or ringwraiths...no thank you!:monkey3

Last edited:
A faux bronze Orthanc or ringwraiths...no thank you!:monkey3

You quoted me twice...does that make me awesome? :banana

And, yeah, black items such as orthanc should not be FB'ed. Theres. Just.No. Point!!! :lol

In fact I am so against it I have just ripped off the little ringwraith on the Fellbeast vs Eagle FB :rock

:monkey3

I definitely will go after the Gandy/Balrog version in FB, the Ringwraith might look good in FB especially if they include a Frodo because it'll have that Museum feel but I agree it'll take away from the "scaryness" of the Wraiths.

You quoted me twice...does that make me awesome? :banana

And, yeah, black items such as orthanc should not be FB'ed. Theres. Just.No. Point!!! :lol

In fact I am so against it I have just ripped off the little ringwraith on the Fellbeast vs Eagle FB :rock

Your quote was so awesome, it didn't need to be displayed twice......:lol

Good point! I'd rip the wraith off my FB fell beast/ eagle if I had your courage and conviction....but I don't. So i'll just have to leave mine on...but I'm not happy about it! :lol

For those who think Gandalf looks 'cartoony' on the Balrog dio, would FB make him less 'cartoony'?

Anyway I did wonder if they would do this like they have with SW, and it could look cool on most of them, but they have to be selective I think is the key.

Your quote was so awesome, it didn't need to be displayed twice......:lol

Good point! I'd rip the wraith off my FB fell beast/ eagle if I had your courage and conviction....but I don't. So i'll just have to leave mine on...but I'm not happy about it! :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol

Suffering for your art Woodsy, I respect that :rock :lol

For those who think Gandalf looks 'cartoony' on the Balrog dio, would FB make him less 'cartoony'?

Anyway I did wonder if they would do this like they have with SW, and it could look cool on most of them, but they have to be selective I think is the key.

Yeah but the prob is they said they would do 'each' of them which to me implies all of them, doing this will only take away from the specialness of the ones that would benefit from this treatment IMO

:wave Hi Anubis

:lol:rotfl:lol

Suffering for your art Woodsy, I respect that :rock :lol

:lol As it stands, I suffer everytime my credit card statement comes in! :monkey2

Yeah but the prob is they said they would do 'each' of them which to me implies all of them, doing this will only take away from the specialness of the ones that would benefit from this treatment IMO

Very good point. Any uniqueness would go right out the window. Look no further than the SW dio's.

:lol As it stands, I suffer everytime my credit card statement comes in! :monkey2 .

:monkey2 Know what you mean, it actually wakes me up when it hits the door mat its so heavy :lol:lol

Very good point. Any uniqueness would go right out the window. Look no further than the SW dio's.

Yeah, SS really ran those into the ground, a fellow collector (not a board member) a couple of months ago was trying to sell three of them (DOtF, Padme/Nexu and Yoda/Dooku) started at £1000 then dropped to £750 and just had to keep dropping the price until he sold all three for £400. Now I am not a collector who worries too much about resale value but that is just a sympton of the way SS has taken a special idea and gone waaaaay too far

Back