What was your fav?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, the new year is just around the corner, so what was your favorite Sideshow piece you got this year?

Mine has to be vampire Buffy. The head sculpt and paintjob were outstanding, she came with two very cool axes and the exclusive tombstone was very well done. My only complaint is with the pants being a bit baggy, but otherwise this whole piece was top notch.

It's very gratifying to read continued praise for Vamp Buffy. I recall when the figure was first announced at Toy Fare last year, it was dismissed by a lot of people as an irrelevant, incidental character from a throw-away episode not worthy of a figure. I was even accused of being a "vampire chick fetishist" due to my unabashed affection for the character. (And I wish Sideshow would suspend the one-piece limit after a period of time, so I could order additional figures directly, rather than having to rely on third-party etailers!)

But to the question at hand: Based purely on sentiment, I'd have to give the nod to Vamp Buffy (and weren't the rest of the offerings in the Buffy line particularly strong this year?), but in terms of ingenuity and execution, it's a tie between the exclusive Invisible Man and Der Kinderstod for the title of best 1:6 figure.

trkhn.jpg

so far my fav is the 1/1 pred bust but im sure its going to change when i get the marqutte:google

Oh this is easy...Giles!! Oh, wait that's not right. Umm, Ygor....no, no, that's not it either. Hmmmm, General Aldo...no..waitaminute. Dr. Pretorious!!....No, that one wasn't it. Cordelia!! Oops, my mistake. :angelsmil

LOL Ironman:mwaha !

This is a tough one because, imo all the Buffy figures from this year have been great! Before I got Dru, I'd have to say Vamp Buffy, but Vamp Dru's costume alone is so fantastic that I'll have to chose her. I think Vamp Buffy's sculpt is a little bit better, but her baggy pants and Dru's outstanding outifit puts her over the top. And an honorable mention for Oz as well, that sculpt and expression is pure Seth Green and if hadn't been for the two vamp figures coming out and looking as great as they do, Oz would be my first choice!

I'm afraid, my favorite piece is yet to come. Today I received the last LOTR items: Peter Jackson (very nice piece btw, much better in reality than on the pix, great detail) and the last helmets. That makes my helm collection complete. Well, as complete as it can be, since I don't own the WiKi Crown. My favorite piece you ask? I liked Sauron, but he arrived damaged, and I'm waiting for a replacement. My favorite piece could be the Alien miniature bust, signed by the master himself. But I didn't get the chance to unpack it yet. So, I don't know.
All these items are so fantastic, but, I think that my favorite piece is yet to come. I'm a collector after all, right?

Favorite Sideshow piece..... Well, I only collect 1/6, so I don't have as many choose from. I actually didn't get as many this year as last year because I moved and just couldn't really collect much for a while.

I would have to say Drusilla is my favorite out of the ones I've gotten this year. Though her face is a bit long, the sculpt is excellent, the hair amazes me, and the clothes are so nice and detailed.

I wish I had more to choose from though. Next year, I'll have more.

For favorite Sideshow item I'd have to go with the Metaluna Mutant right now, and a close second would be Vamp Drusilla.
Favorite non Sideshow item, I'd have to give it a bit more thought but it's a three way tie between my Aliens Colonial Marine Apone, Ignite Greece Hoplite, and Ghost in the Shell Motoko Kusanagi Ninja Suit Version.

My favorite undoubtedly has to be my Wolfman PF. It's definitely been a busy year, but Wolfman is probably the one I had anticipated the most and it actually exceeded my expectations :banana :banana

The PF Wolfman gets my vote, as well. In the 1/6th scale stakes I wont have the Met Mut till next year, dern it, then comes Der Kinderstod, Invisible Man, Patient Zero, Ultimate Hellboy, and the Mutant Leader hit a soft spot. Probably in that order, of the figures I picked up this year.

I think my favorite piece is going to be the SSE PF Frankenstein as soon as I get him. Otherwise I have to say the Abraham Lincoln, he makes the other presidents I have look cheap though. Maybe I can convince sideshow to produce a line of presidents. :wacky

Agent0028 said:
I think my favorite piece is going to be the SSE PF Frankenstein as soon as I get him. Otherwise I have to say the Abraham Lincoln, he makes the other presidents I have look cheap though. Maybe I can convince sideshow to produce a line of presidents. :wacky

If Sideshow did a President line I would buy them. I would love to have a 1/6 scale JFK!

Dr_Zaius said:
If Sideshow did a President line I would buy them. I would love to have a 1/6 scale JFK!

Wouldn't that be a GI Joe? j/k Seriously though, that would be great. The exclusive could come with an autographed picture of Marilyn Monroe. :naughty Thomas Jefferson would get my first vote though.

Agent0028 said:
Wouldn't that be a GI Joe? j/k Seriously though, that would be great. The exclusive could come with an autographed picture of Marilyn Monroe. :naughty Thomas Jefferson would get my first vote though.

Heck, maybe they could release a two pack; JFK and Marilyn. :google

Hard to choose since Sideshow covers so many different formats.
So here my pics for 2005:

Busts: Hellboy 1:1

Statues: Wolvi vs Sabertooth (This statue is amazing, it just captures them perfectly)

1/4: Most likely it will be the Punisher!

1/6: General Ursus or Vamp Buffy

Next year is really really going to be hard to pick

DOOM
Vader
Han
X men Diorama
Leia
PREDATOR
Obi Wan
Archangel 1/4 :D

Agent0028 said:
I'd also love a line of exquisitely manufactured 12" presidents from Sideshow!
Thomas Jefferson will also top my list, as will a Roughriders Teddy Roosevelt!
and I'd also love to buy version of Marilyn Monroe from SSC, but I own the Toys McCoy version, which is excellent I might add.

I would have to vote for General Ursus. I don't like his soft head and the way you can pull up on it and it stretches but other than that I have to go with him. But, General Ursus and Urko have always been my favorite Planet of the Apes icons

Back