Worst Star Wars Character Ever!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Jar Jar Binks

Just watch episodes 1-3. Jar Jar takes alot away from Ep. 1. The movie would of been alot better. Out of the 3 movies, Ep. 2 was my Favorite. I thought it had alot of "color". Visuals; from the chase thru the city and into the bar. Padame's and Ani hanging around her planet was nice. Then the planet were the clones were made and so on. I hope SS isn't planning on making Jar Jar.

And I thought I was the only one who liked Episode II...

My son's favorite character was Jar Jar, but I don't think that Sideshow will ever get around to releasing him in any form. I would actually buy him in any size, but would prefer a 1:1 bust. The absurdity of such a release would amuse me. I agree that he is one of the worst characters of the series, but for some reason there is a part of me that wants to see him get the Sideshow treatment just because he is such a major character in Ep. I, and he got such a varied reaction from so many people. Love him or hate him, at least he is memorable, you have to admit that much.

P.S.--Another absurd but eye-catching 1:1 bust would be the two-headed podracer announcer. But my guess for the next one announced is Bib Fortuna.

I feel compelled to defend Jar Jar, but I really can't think of anything to defend him with... For some reason I never really disliked Jar Jar but I never really liked him either. He was just sorta there. You do have to wonder how King George went from a sidekick like Chewbacca to a sidekick like Jar Jar.

I'd buy Jar Jar in 12". Despite the Ep. I ones from Hasbro languishing on the shelves to this day. But a PF? Nope, don't think so.

You know, I just recently saw EP I and I didn't find Jar Jar as annoying as I did when I first saw him. He does have some slightly funny bits, and if handled a bit better, and if some parts of his dialog were written and acted better, he might not have come across as bad as he did.
He still is the worst character in the Star Wars movies in my book, but his character had some possibilities.

The first mistake was making him a CG character. It was hard enough to get involved with the story when it was obviously human actors talking talking to cartoons that would be drawn in later. The annoying voice and unfunny personality just added brimstone to the fire.

C-3PO and R2 from the OT had wit and humor that both children and adults could enjoy. The role of Jar Jar Binks clearly only had one demographic in mind, and even then it was a stretch.

I'd buy a 1/4 JarJar in a hearbeat! I don't find him annoying as some do. Most of what he did made me chuckle a bit here and there, but there were some laugh out loud moments from him too. Worst character? Admiral Ozzel. He got what he deserved from Vader.

While I found him less annoying through repeat viewings, he was the bane of Ep1. If I wanted to see a horrible lounge act with bad comedy and awefull timing I wouldn't have gone to the theater.

The Jews Websters Dictionary:
Jarjar- Noun: Horribly scripted, ridiculesly regurgitated, moslty thoughtless and mindless dribble, I would rather listen to nails on a chalk board then that asanine accent.

So yeh I am sure 5 year olds loved that character, and the movie for that matter. All I want to know is when did George Lucas turn into Michael Jackson. Whats this obsesion with kiddie movies, he could have and should have made all of the NT more like the OT or at the least like ep3.

There is The OT and then there is the NT, they're WORLDS apart and I think it is a shame. The OT to me represented the bitter reality (although it a si-fi reality) of life while the new one should have been done by cartoonists instead of real actors.

And what's with that dialouge and scripting, I never would have thought it possible to make that many GOOD actors act badly all in one movie.

Well anyways, yes JarJar sucked!

Maybe someday I will tell you all how I really feel about it!

Jesse :D

Last edited:
Jesseawilson said:
The OT to me represented the bitter reality (although it a si-fi reality) of life while the new one should have been done by cartoonists instead of real actors.

Nicely put.

BTW Whosen yousa callin' "Horribly scripted, ridiculesly regurgitated, moslty thoughtless and mindless dribble"? Mesa thinkin' yousa jealous. ;)

Jar Jar annoys me so much I have to force myself to watch ep 1. And I absolutely love SW the OT and other two prequels. Ep. 1 has enough good in it that I do watch it...although cringing every time he appears.

Wicket W. Warrick... lest we forget....

He and his ilk killed what little tension the film tried to create... with his tiny little spear.:horror

And what the hell does a Ewok need with a middle name anyway! Teebo, Logray and Chief Chirpa sure didn't.

For those that love this character because they saw "Jedi" when they were younger, just remember... there are five year olds that love Jar Jar and they will likewise, elevate his standing in 15-20 years time.

Last edited:
Thats funny because I saw Jedi when I was young and it was my favorite. And it still kinda is out of the OT. I liked the Ewoks. Thats a good point though.

As far as Jar Jar, I was disappointed when they were all eating at Anakin's house, and Qui-Gon was talking about Anakins blood and the force and then Jar Jar grabs an apple with his Lizard tounge, ruining all the suspense. Thats the stuff I want to hear and he kills the moment.

Having watched Phantom Menace so many times that I have managed to accept it as no better and no worse than any other SW film, I can honestly say that only ONE moment in the entire movie still bugs me.

"Congratulations, Annie. You have brought hope to those who have none!"

BLEH. Double BLEH.

THe best thing she did was die. :angelsmil

And I stand by my personal Episode II justifiaction that Shmi was a banished Tusken Raider, punished by her tribe in an attempt to lure her abomination of a son into revealing himself so that the clan could cleanse itself of them. Only they ended up getting wiped out instead. Sort of puts a new light on the whole thing, doesn't it?

<joke>
HEAR ME SIDESHOW
AND HEAR. ME. WELL.

I WANT A 1:1 SCALE BUST OF JAR JAR BINKS' HEAD!

I WANT IT TO BE SET ON A SILVER PLATTER!

muhahahahahahaha!!!!

</joke>

that's actually be cool as a conversational piece.
I took out the Jar Jar. yis.

Yes, Sideshow make a 1:1 Jar Jar with the exclusive having a string on the back, which you pull to hear him talk. Then I can buy one and use it as target practice.

Back