Huge toy and collectable sale at Tower Records today only!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Edit:
This Sale ends on Monday not Friday as I had originally posted.

Well I did it. I bought my first Premium Format figure, Sideshow's Hellboy for $150. it's not on the web site any more, so I guess it's sold out.
But there is plenty of other stuff.
Check out the sale at:
https://www.towerrecords.com/Toys/Default.aspx?feature=Toys+Blowout&urlid=c7976eec82f942bf10

Some Highlights:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Mini Bust - Dhoffryn
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Mini Bust - Kulak
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Mini Bust - The Judge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Mini Bust - Fyarl Demon Giles
All on sale for $19.99 each.
Edward Scissorhands: Stylish Collection Figure List price $199.99 sale price $49.99
Hellboy: Museum Style Bust List price $99.99 on sale for $49.99

DC: Batgirl - Statue List price $149.99 on sale for $37.49
DC: Superman - Mini Bust List price $49.99 on sale for $12.49
DC: Wonder Woman - Mini Bust List price $49.99 on sale for $12.49
DC: Superman - Mini Maquette List price $29.99 on sale for $7.49
DC: Batman - Japanese Statue - Crouching Pose List price $149.99 Sale price $74.99
DC: Harley Quinn Marionette list price $199.99 on Sale for $99.99
Superboy and Krypto Statue for $34.99

Marvel: HULK - Mid-transformation Bust / Tower Exclusive List price $49.99 On sale for $12.49
Marvel: HULK Diorama Statue List price $79.99, Sale price $39.99
Marvel: Spider-Man - Maquette List price $79.99 Sale $39.99

Munsters: 12" Racer Herman Tower Exclusive Figure $19.99
Alien / Predator: Micro Bust - Alien Queen List price $29.99 on sale for $7.49
Alien / Predator: Bust - Captive Alien Queen from AVP List price $59.99 on sale for $29.99
Alien / Predator: Statue - Grid Alien from AVP List price $79.99 on sale for $39.99
Alien / Predator: Bust - Predator Elder List price $49.99, Sale Price $24.99
Alien / Predator: Micro Bust - Alien Warrior Tower Exclusive $12.49
Alien / Predator: Micro Bust - Predator Unmasked for $12.49
Battlestar Galactica: 12" Gold Cylon Leader - Tower Exclusive only $17.99
Mezco Hellboy: Comic Book Version - 18" Figure for $24.99

There's also a Frankenstein Resin Coin Bank Bust in color or B&W for $30

Attention Ironman, There are also a bunch of Medicom Planet of the apes 6" figures on sale for $2.49 each.
I ordered the Wonder Woman bust, the Medicom Edward Scissorhands figure and the Sideshow Premium format figure.

Last edited:
Thanks SM, I just picked up Edward Scissorhands and the Superman and Wonder Woman mini-busts. That is a heckuva deal!

Darklord Dave said:
And don't forget the 1/3 scale KISS Paul Stanley for $100 off!
I tried to include something for everyone, but since I'm not much of a Kiss fan I didn't notice that one.
Ironman1188 said:
Whew!!!
Glad I actually checked this thread.
Thanks!!
Or otherwise you'd just ignore my posts as usual? :p
Kidding aside, I thought you might be into those. But you should check out as many new posts as you can, because I seem to remember posting about Toy Biz coming out with a new 1/6 scale Rotocast version of Iron Man in 2006 somewhere. :D
Also his pall Captain America might be making his debut in Rotocast too if you're interested. :banana

screamingmetal said:
Edit:
I ordered the Wonder Woman bust, the Medicom Edward Scissorhands figure and the Sideshow Premium format figure.

Out of curiousity, which was the sideshow PF that they had???

screamingmetal said:
I tried to include something for everyone, but since I'm not much of a Kiss fan I didn't notice that one.

Or otherwise you'd just ignore my posts as usual? :p
Kidding aside, I thought you might be into those. But you should check out as many new posts as you can, because I seem to remember posting about Toy Biz coming out with a new 1/6 scale Rotocast version of Iron Man in 2006 somewhere. :D
Also his pall Captain America might be making his debut in Rotocast too if you're interested. :banana

I do usually check almost all of the posts. yesterday being hevtic, i was forced to more ...pick and choose for the short times I had in front of the monitor.
And, as for IronMan and Cap....MORE INFO!!!! :D

Bum said:
Out of curiousity, which was the sideshow PF that they had???
I mentioned it at the top of my post, Premium Format Hellboy for $150.

Ironman1188 said:
And, as for IronMan and Cap....MORE INFO!!!!
There in a line called Marvel Icons.
Some of the ones listed are all old ones like Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine, The Hulk, but there are a few new ones listed like Iron Man and Captain America.
I've seen a few preorders for them while surfing different sites. one that I can remember listing them is Corner Store Comics:
https://www.cornerstorecomics.com/
I'm not sure if the others are re-releases or new sculpts, but I'm hoping that Wolverine will be in his Brown and Yellow duds.
There Might be more said on Fwoosh.net, I'll check and see.

Last edited:
Well, I received a notification of a partial shipment. Basically they left off the Premium format Hellboy and it has me very worried. It was at low stock when I ordered and I think they possibly sold out of them by the time I placed my order, which if that is the case, I'll be royally pissed. :banghead
If it is, I'll insist they get mine from the distributor, Sideshow which still has them in stock and charge me for it at the discount price when I ordered, fingers crossed.
I went ahead and ordered the 18" Mezco comic Hellboy, I've been eyeballing it since I found the sale. Ordered just incase I can't get the Sideshow Hellboy. I'll have my 1/4 scale Hellboy no matter what transpires!

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up! :bow I just went over and some items were still listed. I was able to order the Fyarl Giles and Kulak bust to complete my buffy bust collection!!:joy :bow

I was extremely tempted to buy the Buffy busts. Just wasn't 100% sure they would be equivalent to 1:6 when I snapped the heads off to make the missing figures.
Same goes for the Palisades bust of the facehugger. It would make a great figure, but I'm not sure its 1:6. Why don't all mfrs. list things by size AND scale? hen again, Horizon Models made a lot of hero models in "1:6" and Captain America towered over the Hulk, who was the same size as Wolverine... <sigh>

The Buffy monster busts are all over the place in scale - on both sides of 1/6 without really hitting it. I don't have Kulak, but I'd guess that (ironically) D'Hoffryn is probably the best 1/6 match. The Judge and Gentlemen are too small and Turok-han and Fyarl Giles are too big.

chamildav said:
Thanks SM, I just picked up Edward Scissorhands and the Superman and Wonder Woman mini-busts. That is a heckuva deal!

Yeah thanks SM. I too ordered the Edward Scissorhands. I am thinking the order went through mid sell out, and wont be available. The order has still not been processed. You never know your luck, so I'm hoping they get me one.

The size of the BTVS busts was quite variable before Gentle Giant and Diamond picked up the license. The Oz and Buffy busts that have shipped are certainly at a different scale than the monsters (smaller by an annoying size difference).

I received my partial shipment today and a response back from Tower.
They replied back that it is on backorder because they were at such low stock when I ordered.
I'm bummed. I sent a reply telling them they're still in stock from the manufacturer, but that won't help much since they want to give me the shaft on this one. If it means they can save money by pissing off one customer they'll do it.
So I guess Leia will be my first Sideshow 1/4th. :(

I was shocked when I got Mr. Scissorhands, he's Tiny, I mean really tiny. He's smaller then my short Sideshow females. The costume is nice, but I'm sure Sideshow could do much better. most of his straps are a rubber plastic, and not all the scissors on his hands work, both of his thumbs and one pinky are nonfunctional. The head sculpt could be better too. at $50, he seams to be an alright deal, I would've hated to pay more then that amount.
The Wonder Woman statue is smaller then I expected, but then again, I haven't bought a Bust in quite a while. But it's porcelain, something you don't see too often in busts, and lends to it more of a statue quality then Polystone. Very Nicely painted I might add. :)
Well, back to hoping Tower can complete my order.

Last edited:
Is Edward that bad? How tiny is tiny? Imagine if you had to pay full price for him $150 :horror

Mine is in limbo, "Not yet shipped". At least the little one will have some useful articulation, yeah. I just want to get rid of the McFarlane one I have. Might be stuck with him after all.

He's 10 & 1/2 inches tall or 26.67 CM tall. He basically looks like a 13 year old kid in scale to most other 1/6 figures.
His costume is very tight, it could be removed if you really wanted to, but you would have to cut the stitching where they sowed his costume on for the upper body. The lower body has a tiny zipper on the side. Also, the straps on the upper part of his body are rubber and appear to be pulled over his head when they were soft because I cant find a seam on that piece and it's very tight.
So it won't be much good as fodder for other 1/6 scale figures.
What I do like about him is that they sewed on different pleather patterns to make up his costume. There is a small scale faux crocodile skin pattern and a larger faux crocodile pattern used along with standard faux leather and some neoprene rubber.
I don't own the McFarlane 12" version, but the Medicom version doesn't seem all that grand.
And originally I believe this figure was going for $200, not including shipping from Japan. :google

screamingmetal said:
...I don't own the McFarlane 12" version...

I don't think anyone does. ;) :(

I think creecher is referring to either the 6" (or 7"?) or 18" figure. From what I remember, the head sculpt of the 18" looked great. I should have picked it up for $20 or $25 (I don't remember) at a Toy Liquidators store (Kaybee affiliated somehow) when I had the chance.

10 1/2 inches?! Medicom has a problem with scale, don't they? Their Rocketeer measures at almost 11 1/4 inches tall including helmet (minus fin) and boots. Considering Bill Campbell is stated as being 6'4", the figure's over an inch too short. (Not to mention other problems as I think it's a mediocre figure.) Of course, their Darth Vader is also on the short side and being the nitpicker I am I put him back in his box to be put up for sale.

Promising Galahad said:
I don't think anyone does. ;) :(

I think creecher is referring to either the 6" (or 7"?) or 18" figure. From what I remember, the head sculpt of the 18" looked great. I should have picked it up for $20 or $25 (I don't remember) at a Toy Liquidators store (Kaybee affiliated somehow) when I had the chance.QUOTE]

You are quite right PG. I am referring to the 18 inch McFarlane Edward. It is an excellent sculpt and the detail is excellent overall. However, the articulation is restricted severely, and the whole thing is plastic, ewwwwww. The leg articulation is only at the hips, and is useless for anything but a standing pose. The angle of the neck, useless. One arm is articulated at the shoulder. It goes up and down. The other is activated by a motion sensor and is articulated at the bicep cut. It goes up and down and his scissors move. Both hands have a fixed thumb but his fingers all move. A very expensive plastic statue as far as I'm concerned.

I have just had an email from Tower telling me tiny Eddie will ship once back in stock, so look out ebay, here comes McEddie.

Back