King Kong Armature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing! Not for everyone but if you're like me, THIS is one SS piece that you must have. I'll be curious to see the price. I could never afford the prices of actual film props like those owned by Bob Burns or Forrest Ackerman or Peter Jackson, so this is the closest I can get to owning movie history. Actually, that may be the point of collecting Sideshow to begin with.

yes. this is one of the coolest pruducts SS has offered to date im my opinion. Too cool. :banana :banana
Now I see why someone awhile back posted a thread at the Clubhouse (I believe) about Bob Burns bringing in that armature to their place of work. Mustve been a SS empoyee who posted.

Awesome!!!!!!!!

I'll be all over this, I can't even believe it.

Definitely didn't expect it.:banana

Now I see why someone awhile back posted a thread at the Clubhouse (I believe) about Bob Burns bringing in that armature to their place of work. Mustve been a SS empoyee who posted.

Yeah I saw those photo's too! Those were amazing! Never thought it would be because SideShow was making a replica of it. I'm very eager to know the price. I really hope this wont be extremely expensive. I'd love to own this thing!

TBH I can't see what all the fuss is about........it's just a big lump of metal.....if it had all the fur ets thatwould be a different story.

The thing that made the original one cool was that it was the actual prop but even it now looked nothing like the original kong in film

I'm not going to be buying this, but that is f'n awesome! My Kong DVD just arrived from Amazon Wednesday ($13.98 shipped :joy ), and I can't wait to watch it today. One of the true classics.

Can any of the VIPs give us a ballpark price? Are we looking at $200, $500, $1000, $2000?

Yeah!! Loving this!!:banana

I ve always had a soft spot for King Kong.Always.The way mankind removed him from his natural habitat,then destroyed him,it s always bought a tear to my eye.Could also be due to the fact that i was born at 15.20 approx on Christmas Day,1965,just after the Queen made her annual address to the nation...and just before King Kong was shown on TV!!

Love prop replicas too,any and all.I have a great passion for Gerry Andersons puppet shows and blew almost the entire years budget on a 22" replica puppet of Captain Black from"Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons" a little earlier this year.Probably the finest thing i own.

I so hope Sideshow clad this with skin at some point in the future.Could it be done?

I find this is interesting, just not for me.
I think the original had a muscle suit under a cloth hairy suit. That would push the price up exponentially, and you wouldn't see all that wonderfully designed armature underneath. So I think just releasing the armature is the way to go.

Well, another point is that it is fully functional, poseable. I just might encounter the stop-motion bug!

I'm expecting (hoping!) pricing will be between $350 - $500 and that's probably wishful thinking.

Lots of custom tooling, machining, assembly, and finishing to be done here, especially if it will truly be a working armature faithful to the original puppet.

Anyway, I want one and am eagerly awaiting more info!

Not even close to an apples-to-apples comparison, but:

The 1:4 Terminator Endo is "approximately 19 inches in height, and features a fully articulated upper body (neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, and waist), fixed legs, light-up eyes, phased plasma rifle (in the 40-watt range), and stands on a sculpted base!" 2000 pieces at $549.

The Kong armature is "authentic in every detail, and fully capable of recreating the stop-motion puppetry magic of the original film. Each element of Kong's metal skeleton has been replicated to exacting standards, from flexible fingers to powerful jaws. The armature is complete with a high quality display base."

Armaverse is a company that sells modular stainless steel ball-and-socket armature kits (approximately) priced between $150-$200. Not a good barometer by which to estimate the cost of the Kong piece, but I thought the link might interest some folks:

https://www.armaverse.com

O hope its not too much, I really want to get this oneday. Truly greatful were able to purchase a replica of one of cinemas rarest items ever.

Lembas Eater said:
Amazing! Not for everyone but if you're like me, THIS is one SS piece that you must have. I'll be curious to see the price. I could never afford the prices of actual film props like those owned by Bob Burns or Forrest Ackerman or Peter Jackson, so this is the closest I can get to owning movie history. Actually, that may be the point of collecting Sideshow to begin with.

:bow

This is one of the coolest pieces I have ever seen.

Why anyone would want the fur...:D

I have to edit because Artie Fufkin might have been a contender as the coolest piece.

Last edited:
Back