Star Wars reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverick

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well after watching the new Star Trek it got me thinking of what some of these new producers/directors could do with the SW universe, I know its not going to happen but I just think they could do so much with this series, if they expanded into the EU side or even:horrorremade the 6 that have been done already. The could start with the Thrawn trilogy, I just think someone like Peter Jackson or JJ Abrams could bring us epic SW to the big screen. What do you think?

Nope...I think it's a bad idea! They should never ...EVER....even think of doing a SW reboot!! No matter what director they pick!!!!!!!!

J.J. Abrams can do whatever he wants with Star Wars, in my book.

If he can make (what is heralded as) a great Star Trek movie when he is a Star Wars fan, then I'd like to see him take a crack at Star Wars.

I think in 20 years perhaps. Actually start with Episode 1 maybe. I LOVE Star Wars and would have a hard time with remakes, but I do feel that now that the story is known, things could be tied more cleanly between films. I don't know, I'm torn:confused:

What I would stress is continuity. Like the lightsaber thing, making sure things match up later. If you are going to reboot Star Wars, start with Episode I and write ALL the scripts. If translating an EU source, move beyond the Skywalker/Solo era and do something different.

Isn't this basically what the SE is :lol

Honestly, while Lucas is alive I don't see this ever happening... unless he directs it himself so he can properly drive them into the ground :lol

A remake of Star Wars is just silly. However an EU movie or series could be cool. I think it might be neat to have a Darth Bane movie. Or to extend into the future to the comics Legacy series. I wouldn't mind stuff in the Skywalker/Solo years, but I don't think the same actors will be down for that, and it'd be hard to accept new people.

I remember seeing some steampunk style illustrations of Star Wars that I thought were really neat. I wouldn't mind seeing a SW reboot. It could be fun.

steampunk_starwars.jpg

I remember seeing some steampunk style illustrations of Star Wars that I thought were really neat. I wouldn't mind seeing a SW reboot. It could be fun.

Pix - those customs are beautiful! Where are they from? Are there recipes?

And as for a reboot - why not? They can't Eternal Sunshine ANH away by remaking it.

Well the Steampunk versions I saw on the internets a while ago but I couldn't remember where so I just googled "steampunk star wars" and that was the first pic. They really are nice. :)

Well the Steampunk versions I saw on the internets a while ago but I couldn't remember where so I just googled "steampunk star wars" and that was the first pic. They really are nice. :)

Have you seen the 1942 (WWII) versions? Equally as cool. :rock

As for a "Star Wars Reboot".... it won't happen. Ever. Lucas will just continue tinkering with the existing films, but has it legally documented that upon his death NO new "Star Wars" films, sequels, prequels, spin-offs, etc can be made. He owns the rights 100%, and when he dies they die with him... until they enter public domain, which wouldn't be in our lifetime anyway.

The SW machine will probably move on, but only in the form of licensing.

LoL what the hell are you guys talking about, saying it will never happen?

Wake up and realise Uncle George doesn't give a ^^^^, and will sell the rights to a reboot in due time for more cash. Just like he sold out every single other aspect of SW. Its the biggest whore in Hollywood. And whores don't retire.

You think 25 years ago, there wasn't a bunch of SW fanboys going "No way they'll make 3 more without Darth Vader or Luke." "No Way itll be an animated weekly series for little kids."

I also never thought I'd live to see the day, where not only in Star Trek far more appealing, but is far more appealing to general audiences as well.

LoL what the hell are you guys talking about, saying it wil never happen?

Wake up and realise Uncle George doesn't give a ^^^^, and will sell the rights to a reboot in due time for more cash. Just like he sold out every single other aspect of SW. Its the biggest whore in Hollywood. And whores don't retire.

It's a done deal, dude. When Lucas dies... so does any chance of you ever seeing a new "Star Wars" movie, TV show, etc.

It's a done deal, dude. When Lucas dies... so does any chance of you ever seeing a new "Star Wars" movie, TV show, etc.

Says what his will? Doesn't his family get the rights? And even if its in his will or something, he can always change it before he dies.

Lawyers man, their smart and their evil. And the Studios have an army of them. My guess is the kids get the rights, and I doubt his kids aren't into money.

Back