Goliath's collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goliath

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that I'm coming close to completion of my collection of the items I wanted to get, I can post some pictures of my collection here:

Sammlung1.jpg

Sammlung2.jpg

I will also work on my homepage and post some more detailled pictures there if you are interested. I'll keep you updated. :D

Fantastic collection :bow

May I ask what cabinets they are please?. Its so good to see a cabinet (or two) actaully be strong and high enough to hold things like Sauron,Cavey,RWOS & Galad Archer.

Amazing set up!.

Shell
x :D

Adoptedscot said:
Fantastic collection :bow

May I ask what cabinets they are please?. Its so good to see a cabinet (or two) actaully be strong and high enough to hold things like Sauron,Cavey,RWOS & Galad Archer.

Amazing set up!.

Shell
x :D

Thanks for the praise of my collection, I didn't make these pieces, just arranged for them to be shipped to me :D

The cabinets are from IKEA, they are called NARTORP and cost $179 or £89. Here in Switzerland they are only $137 :confused: Here some links:
Nartorp at IKEA USA
Nartorp at IKEA UK

Or check your local IKEA site.

You get them with 3 adjustable glass shelves. To fit in Sauron and Gandalf on Shadowfax I had to drill 4 new holes for the holding pins, but that's all.

Just last night I have bought some very flat LED lights that will go on the bottom of each shelf. The advantage of those is that they are very thin and produce no heat. I'll still have to mount them before I praise them, though.

lakeshouse said:
did you get Uruk-hai Swordsman Statue ?
it's one of the best statues out there :rock

No, not yet, but I am not really looking for any additions right now, I think I finally came to my senses :D My recent addtions are PJ as Corsair and Aragron, Son of Arathorn - and now I have rearranged everything.

I will post some updated pictures later, but I'm still working on those damn LED lights for the illumination of the individual shelves...

Hi Dave, you have those lithos as well, please show us how you put those on the walls... perhaps the movie posters as well??

pitchin said:
Nice set up...are you not worried about stone trolls as I read the ikea listing and it said 7kg per shelf & the trolls are 12.96Kg

LINK

The Stone Trolls actually only weigh 8.44kg and I think the 7kg limit that Ikea lists for the shelves is on the safe side, they could certainly hold more than that with no problem as long a the weight is evenly spread on the surface. I really feel I'm safe here.

gtb said:
Hi Dave, you have those lithos as well, please show us how you put those on the walls... perhaps the movie posters as well??

Well, the only Fanclub Litho I have framed right now, is the Fellowship which is hanging here in my homeoffice:

Litho_Fellowship1.JPG

I am having a tough time working on my setup and taking pictures right now (and in addition, my girlfriend doesn't share the same kind of enthusiasm with me decorating the whole house with LotR stuff :D ). I hope I'll find some time between Christmas and New Year and will post some pictures of the progress, ok?

After that, I'll be busy again, my 2nd trip to New Zealand coming up in January :banana

wow thats a great collection you have!!! wish i would've jumped on the LOTR collectibles back in the day. im gonna order a couple of those cases in a couple weeks!! they would match my office furniture.

--- girlfriends usually arent on the same page with guys and the whole decorating thing. my girl is constantly moving all my stuff around and telling me that i have my "room" and that my toys have to stay in there. the only problem is that im all out of room and my toy collection keeps growing.

hairlesswookiee said:
wish i would've jumped on the LOTR collectibles back in the day.
You are telling me! I didn't start my collection until earlier this year...!

hairlesswookiee said:
im gonna order a couple of those cases in a couple weeks!! they would match my office furniture.
If you order these cases from Ikea, I suggest you also get some of the LED lights called "Tjugofyra". I have just finished installing them this week, here's a preview:

Sammlung_12_05_3_small.JPG

They help a lot if the top pieces are casting shadows on the bottom pieces. They are very flat and don't get warm at all.

And here's an update on my current display:

Sammlung12_05_1_small.jpg
Sammlung12_05_2_small.jpg

Recent additions are Aragorn (finally, I've got the complete Fellowship :banana ) and PJ as a Corsair. Soon, I'll be getting my first Moria Orc (the Archer).

:google :google did i mention before that your collection is awesome?? i cant find the nartorp cabinets on the website anymore. can you give me part # or product number or something i use to order a couple of these??

Back