SDCC Crimson Cobra Commander: THE POLL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of Sideshow's choice of Crimson Cobra Commander?

• Total voters

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so several of us have been vocal about our dislike of this figure (at all) and its choice as the first ever G.I. JOE SSC Con Exclusive. And there have been a couple folks in support of it. But I am genuinely curious as to what the overall consensus is.

I like it its cool aren't my exact thoughts but the look or at least the color scheme has grown on me.....still ain't buying it.

Bad choice for sure. It's a nice piece and I wouldn't mind pieces of it but would not proudly display him as-is. No use for red Cobra Commander.

I don't collect G.I. JOE at all, so I don't care either way. I prefer small licences.

I like it its cool aren't my exact thoughts but the look or at least the color scheme has grown on me.....still ain't buying it.

If you like the color scheme, that's what the Crimson Guard are for (and they're actually canon!) :lecture

When we get those the SDCC EX will be lime green....

(I kid....I kid)

When we get those the SDCC EX will be lime green....

(I kid....I kid)

No, Navy Blue so they can go with the Blue Cobra Commander! :lol

I actually do like how the red and silver go together on the mask, so I'm getting it. I wouldn't/wasn't my first choice for a Cobra Commander variant, but I'm sure we will see the classic version eventually.

Cummins!!!!!! I knew it! :lol

:duff

G.I. Joe RAH was after my time, I grew up with the 12" Joes, so I don't really know all that much about them. What I do know is it looks cool so I will get it. Hasbro has released color variations, so why can't Sideshow?

Me I'm getting him he may not be canon but I think he will look good with a crimson guard standing on each side of him and the mods been working on for the standard commander applied to him.

G.I. Joe RAH was after my time, I grew up with the 12" Joes, so I don't really know all that much about them. What I do know is it looks cool so I will get it. Hasbro has released color variations, so why can't Sideshow?

Because Sideshow should probably wait before they're more then 4 measly figures into an entire line of hundreds of characters before resorting to such stunt tactics?

And like has been pointed out, if it just HAD to be a Cobra Commander repaint there were several much better options...

People don't have a issue with variations, it's just Cobra Commander was never red untill some silly multipack crap.

A black outfit would have been more fitting to versions of CC from the past.

Back