This is the way I wish Luke's face looked

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
I found this pic posted by theogriz, hidden away in the Rebelscum forums. This is definitely the expression I prefer to see on a 1/6 Luke figure. What do you guys think?

db634ecb4be.jpg

I prefer it the way it is, adds more personality to the piece in my opinion. There's already too many Sideshow 1/6 figures with pokerface expressions as it is.

I think everyone thinks of that grim determined Luke when they think of Luke in ROTJ. That's part of the reason why I like the expression he has, its kinda like Sideshow is saying, "We're not just making the same old star wars toys here."

I'll confess I didn't like it at first, but upon closer inspection I think his mouth is open as if he's about to say something moreso than if he's surprised. Actually, it seems like everytime I look at it I see it differently. LOL

TheObsoleteMan said:
I prefer it the way it is, adds more personality to the piece in my opinion. There's already too many Sideshow 1/6 figures with pokerface expressions as it is.

how's this for personality?

:google

Patience, when they announce the Jedi Luke you'll get that pose or something similar. You cant do an ANH Luke with a ROTJ head now can you.

Jesse :p

I guess the majority tend to think he looks like he has a "take me to jabba now" expression. But I kind of see more of a "Leia is your twin sister" look.

at first I didnt like the ROTJ face sculpt, then after I saw part of the movie I realized its pretty close.
But i too agree that the face on the 1/4 is off a little. and im not sure, but I think its the paint app and not the the sculpt so much.

Yeah, I'm not saying the 1/6 face is terrible. It certainly beats the 1/4 face by a wide margin.

I think the 1/6 sculpt is stunning, my objection is that it's too specific a moment - it's like the sculpt was modelled off of that one still in the movie where he was talking to Jabba, instead of most every other shot where he had a closed mouth and looked determined and cool.

I disagree about the 1/4 sculpt.

I think Matt's 1/6 sculpt is the best yet of Mark Hamill as he looked in Episodes V & VI...which is to say, after the automobile accident that necessitated plastic surgery to salvage his nose (and the addition of the ESB snowbeast attack and bacta tank scenes to explain his changed appearance).

Andy's 1/4 sculpt captures the younger, pre-accident actor as he looked in Episode IV very well indeed. To my eye, anyway.

JustinLuck said:
I guess the majority tend to think he looks like he has a "take me to jabba now" expression. But I kind of see more of a "Leia is your twin sister" look.
Yeah he does. The picture posted at the beginning of this thread is the way I would have preferred Luke. The current head sculpt looks like he's worried about something.

screamingmetal said:
The picture posted at the beginning of this thread is the way I would have preferred Luke. The current head sculpt looks like he's worried about something.

the 1/4th luke sculpt changed from an open mouth prototype to a closed mouth final version. i've heard sideshow is gonna tweak the 1/6th version as well. i hope so.

an adjustment of the eyebrows and the mouth would make the sculpt perfect.

If they are going to be doing some tweaking, wonder if it will still be early 2006 for shipping?

It would be nice if they did some improvements, but yeah, this is due in the first Quarter of next year, which starts in less then a month and a half. I think this figure is already into production.

Back