Better late then never!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLOSI

Nerf Herder
Reaction score
I've been posting for a couple months now but just noticed the introductions section here, so like the title says: Better late then never.

My name is Richard. I'm 34 and have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area my entire life. My wife Rhonda and I recently had our first child. His name is Gabriel and he is six months old. My wife recently finished her studies and now I'll be finishing my bachelors soon. I'm currently a Junior majoring in Graphic Design. In the meantime I'm moonlighting as an accountant. :horror

I've been collecting various items for years. I have a decent collection of comics including some key Marvel issues, mostly very early ASM. I was trying to put a full run of the first 350 issues together at one point but became bored with it. After all, buying a comic and throwing it in a bag then a box doesn't really give you a feeling of satisfaction.

I have collected Star Wars figures since I was 4. I can still remember buying my first figure, Darth Vader, in a local JC Penny's. In the weeks that followed I can still remember the order of the first few that were bought for me: Vader, Stormtrooper, Ben, Luke, C-3PO, R2-D2.... and it just kept going. I have well over 500 (rough Est.) 3 3/4" figures in my collection now. I'm not really sure of the exact amount, never counted. Most are loose and stored in figure bags with their accessories. I will always have a soft spot for the 3 3/4" figs.

I have collected a handful of Bowen busts, all Spider-Man and his enemies, as well as a few Marvel Classic figures. I've picked up a couple of the 3 3/4" Marvel universe figs recently as well.

Anyway, on to the Sideshow stuff! I've only been into 12" for a short time. When the main characters for ep4 ANH started coming out I starting picking them up. Leia, Obi-Wan, Luke farm boy and Han Mos Eisley all sat on a shelf in my office. I never thought of hot water treatments or switching bodies or repainting heads... Hell, I thought this hobby was like any other: buy it, display it, get bored with it, put it away.

I've picked up an Indiana Jones and a Stormtrooper after that. To be honest that's when I found this site. I was disappointed in the 5 o'clock shadow on Indy when I found the Indy section here. I browsed through the amazing custom Indys, then hit the Star Wars section and was floored by the custom Gonk droids by Dorgmal Snow... This went on and on. It seemed like every thread had great ideas on futzing and customizing. I had no clue that the 12" figures I picked up could be more of a hobby then just simple collecting. I've been futzing and painting for the past couple months now. I'm in the process of moving into a new home, so my projects are currently on hold, but I look forward to really digging in as soon as we've moved.

I have quite a few 12" figures on pre-order now. Mostly Star Wars and Indy... and that MMS DX Joker, of course!

Thanks to everyone who has inspired me here on the Sideshow Freaks. So many of you do amazing work!:D

Last edited:
I'm also into sports. 49ers, SF Giants, Cal Bears Football and Tottenham Hotspur.

I'm into music. Listened to Pearl Jam for as long as I can remember, Punk and Indy music and just about anything that seems real and from the soul.

Gabriel is one of my favorite names. Can't go wrong with archangel names. :) Congrats on that and hello, because I don't believe we've met.

Every time I visit San Francisco I sail out to Alcatraz. Have you been? I'm betting at least once!

Weclome...the more the merrier...

Wife and I are on our first as well, soon to be 9 months....whew....sleep...what's that...

once again, welcome Richard...

Joe from NY :)

Gabriel is one of my favorite names. Can't go wrong with archangel names. :) Congrats on that and hello, because I don't believe we've met.

Every time I visit San Francisco I sail out to Alcatraz. Have you been? I'm betting at least once!

And his middle name is Michael.... Funny thing is we weren't really shooting for the Arch Angel double dip... My middle name, my fathers middle name and my grandfathers first name is Gabriel. My Father in-law and my brother are both named Michael.... So we were just going with family names, really. So the Arch Angel thing just happened... :angelsmil

Believe it or not I've never been to Alcatraz.... Just one of those weird things.

Welcome dude, from a Man Utd fan to a Spurs fan, you're team was taught a footballing lesson on Saturday, well maybe the ref had something to do with it:lol

Webb is a joke of a ref. We played as we have for the last couple months during the first half.... Then Webb crippled us with yellows, taking the bite out of our side, while not even saying a word to Scholes, who came into the game and asserted himself in the midfield with physical play during the second half. Then there was the gift penalty.... Let's not forget that. Really, it could have been a great game, and a close game, had Howard Webb not done his best imitation of an Italian referee during a Juve game.... He's a joke.

What a team you have though... if not for the sulker.... (Berba)... Really though. Congrats on the win v. Le Arse yesterday, and thank you for the welcome!

Weclome...the more the merrier...

Wife and I are on our first as well, soon to be 9 months....whew....sleep...what's that...

once again, welcome Richard...

Joe from NY :)

My little boy has been sleeping through the night for the past two weeks! I even got up earlier then he did this morning.... I almost feel human again! :wacky

1234906716434.jpg

Back