Pic of Palisades Jareth figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheObsoleteMan said:
Those tight pants make the waist and legs look... interesting.
Yeah, something is very wrong there. If they improved the base body it could work. But as it is I would have to move him over to a new body, like a Dragon or Sideshow body.
The head sculpt and hair looks great though!

Excellent headsculpt....not caring for the way the body looks.

First, thanks for the scoop. I don't remember the film much but I like to keep updated on new figures with potentially new base bodies.

Where have you seen it mentioned that one Jareth per case will include his coat? At $40 each, I think all the figures should come with a coat (which is not stated, of course), or, if necessary, Palisades should raise the price $5 to offer the coat for each figure. Otherwise, I fear quite a few people may just wait for the figure to be marked down before purchasing.

Someone(a retailer I think) posted this on the Palisades Board.

Here's some info from the upcoming solictitation...

"...27 points of articulation for maximum mischievous
poseability. Jareth Classic cuts a dashing figure in his signature Goblin King costume (Regency shirt, breeches and riding boots), but a king just isn’t a king without some regal baubles. So…Jareth carries with him three of his magical crystal balls, a riding crop for disciplining disobedient goblins, and his magnificently intricate necklace..."

There will also be a randomly packed RARE Jareth in purple coat figure, estimated at only 1 per case of figures...

Post #88 on this thread.
https://www.palisadestoys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211&page=9

That makes me angry about the coat. That shouldn't be something "rare", that should simply be a part of the outfit on the figure. They could've come up with another accessory and made that the one per case thing.

His hair in the movie werent like that and he had a much much smaller ...... you know what !!!!!

And he's got women hips....wich is kinda ok I guess,after all... its David Bowie.

lila

:banana It looks good to me.I'am a huge fan of the movie and I 'am still gonna try and get it.They should have one where he is wearing the outfit in the costume ball scene

I wouldn't mind a set of Jareth and Sarah as they appear in the ball scene. That would be pretty cool, IMO.

I'm a big fan of the movie as well. So far, this is all a very controversial thread. Thanks Aerosmith for the news, the link, and the pics.

Reading through the Palisades thread, it mentions they may bring out several versions with varying costumes, so that is at least a little pleasing, but not if they intend leaving only one in every case with a full costume. A tongue wagger at least. The sculpt looks good, the hair is quite good also. It is when you compare it to one of those $300 Japanese Edward Scissorhands. It is a prototype after all, so I will wait till the final result is posted.

The pants look like they have wrapped material around the body and legs separately, then joined them together. Lets hope that gets fixed. I'd like to see the hands that are going to hold these orbs. The price seems reasonable as well. I expect those that get a case will make some extra moolah on ebay, selling off the exclusive case figure.

I can always get another body. The missing coat is an insult. The pants are awful. All in all I want it. Until they show us more figures, and if there are more I'd like to take my pick.

Let's hope Palisades is around long enough for these to see the light of day. I have my serious doubts right now.

Michael
MWC

Pic of Palisades Jareth figure

Really, if that is the case they'd better include the coat, make their bundle and cut outta there.

Making the coat exclusive has to be a huge blunder. I hate 1 in every __# exclusives in Toy Biz Marvel Legends figures enough, but in 1/6 scale figures it's insane. They really should rethink this exclusive thing.

Michael,
Not to pry if you can't discuss things, but what is up with palisades? The BTVS palz were great, and it is sad to see the muppet line go, but I figured something wasn't right when the sesame street figures never surfaced.

Jareth looks okay, and maybe with a little help, his pants wouldn't be so "snug" so as to define his bony plastic hips. The lack of jacket with each figure is certainly my break point. As cool as he looks, this figure isn't complete. I could live without luke's blaster, but this seems like much bigger deal. The hair is a little off too. Too bad, as I was excited about this line, being a huge henson fan and a bowie fan to boot!

Back