Aliens Colonial Marines, Lets Rock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
First let me say that I don't own a camera so don't ask me for pictures; if you need pics of the set, look at this thread over on One Sixth Warriors:
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46091

I just got my Apone figure in the mail and he's absolutely Badass! :rock
He comes fully disassembled, even the body is disassembled. They include a mini 1/6 scale screw driver and screws plus instructions on how to assemble the body and gear. The screwdriver is in 1/6 scale, something I've seen come with 1/6 scale motor bike kits.
All the detail is here, The butt stock on the rifle extends, the Grenade Launcher slide moves forwards and back, there's a clear plastic plate with the counter reading 99 written on it, and the magazine is removable! :woo
The flamethrower is Very well detailed, at the business end you can see the ends of the fuel nozzle and lighter nozzle, both are separate pieces.
There are lenses on the binoculars, a lens at the butt end of the flame thrower(?), a flashlight lens in the shoulder lamp, and a lens on the helmet camera.
The infrared helmet viewer can be positioned up in the helmet or down and has white sight lines printed on a transparent see-through plastic plate.
All the armor is fully articulated. The helmet, shoulder pads, groin protector, shin guards and removable shoulder lamp in multiple places. :google
The head sculpt looks good, it doesn't look like actor Al Matthews but it's close. The paint is perfect although the head can barely fit in the helmet, the problem is one of the ears sticking out too far against the headphone piece.
I have yet to get this guy assembled, just enough time to fool around on the components.
But he looks unfreaking believable!
:blissy
I really hope they continue in this series and give us Hudson, Drake, and Frost with a sack full of Pulse rifle magazines! :D

My happiness was short lived,
I struggled to get the upper portion of the torso together. It was very difficult but it went together perfectly.
The problem accrued after I had put the upper body together, His knee on the left side was assembled backwards. :horror :banghead
So I contacted Toy Square for a replacement and they already replied back, they want me to take a picture of the figure to show them what the problem was, I don't own a camera so I couldn't do that. I sent a reply going into more specifics but it looks like I'll have to send them the body to get my replacement. :(
So my Apone won't get assembled anytime soon. :crying

Last edited:
Yea! I fixed the problem!
I noticed as I sat down at the computer just a short time ago that on the instruction manual it shows how the leg comes apart. It just pulls out of the bottom of the leg, problem solved.
It comes together but shows it apart on the instruction manual. I should've looked at the manual more closely.
:banana

I just finished putting him together.
That incident with the knee being backwards males me appreciate the Hot Toys body even more, definitely one of the best on the market.

First, the hardest thing to do is putting together the upper torso. I found that I had to squeeze the hell out of it in order to get it together. The small upper shoulder pieces that form an arch of the shoulder parts is very delicate, be careful lining them up.
The next problem would be getting all the buckles undone and together again. Especially around the Cuirass and Shin guards. Once they're on,the rest is pretty simple.
I had to replace his Boots, after I had retied both and double knotted them, I found that the shin armor could barely just fit on the leg, so I undid them and putt on cloth boots. They work so much better then the Hot Toys plastic boots. I only wish I had more of them for all my figures. They may not be accurate (I only have Modern Boots and they wore Vietnam era style boots) But they work better with the shin armor.
I found that mine came with an extra grenade, I wish they included a dozen more and some Pulse Rifle Magazines, oh well. Maybe Frost has them all. ;)

And I'm amazed at the shoulder lamp. It has a wire feeding into it and 5 points of articulation! Mind you, that one of them is the same joint, just that you can move the handle independently from the arm.
It's the second best thing in the set, the best is the Cuirass.
The lamp hooks flimsily on the back of the cuirass, be sure to put it on at the end because it can easily slide off or break at the hook on the cuirass.
And I should mention that he also comes with that awesome stand that came with Terminator's Kyle Reese.
I can't wait for the others!

Last edited:
Oh.. one word for that picture of all the weaponry and clothing-

WOW!

That is so so great...

I want a whole set of these! Vasquez, Hicks, Hudson, Bishop, Ripley, Newt, Gorman, Burke... but Apone there looks great, and he has some great lines so of course him too.. :D Maybe Drake because he was partners with Vasquez.

Congrats on the aquisition, screaming metal!

Anyone have any new pics of these USCM figures? Im in the process of picking up a bunch of them and i'd love to see more pics.

I don't have any pics, but I'm dying for Ripley to get here! I preordered months ago but now SS is saying March. :monkey4

nash said:
Anyone have any new pics of these USCM figures? Im in the process of picking up a bunch of them and i'd love to see more pics.

I've got quite a few pics, they're posted somewhere in the alines thread I guess, but I'll see if I can post some tomorrow.

Here's a couple of pics of my Marines:
picture294am1.jpg

picture467gs0.jpg

Bad photography I know, I wasn't use to the camera.

screamingmetal said:
Here's a couple of pics of my Marines:
picture294am1.jpg

picture467gs0.jpg

Bad photography I know, I wasn't use to the camera.

Damn Im so stoked for these!!! I got Apone comming, preordered Drake and Hudson from the Godfather, and am looking for a Hicks. I dont know if I want Vasquez since I don't like how the exposed arms look.

More pics please!

come on, someone's gotta have more pics? I saw all the ones on OSW already and they werent very many.

I posted these on the Alien/Aliens thread a while back: Hicks and Vasquez repainted by Figuremaster Les. Apone w/ Frontline head repainted by Customikey.

DSC02960.jpg

I keep hearing that the helmets are hard to get on the head. Do they just require sufficient force or did you have to do a modification to get them on?

Back