Hasbro Rise of Cobra Baroness SDCC Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bantar

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just found this on the onesixthwarrior forum:

931130000_3.png

looks pretty good for me.

if someone told me that was SS's Joe SDCC EX, I'd believe them.

Really? I wouldn't. Say what you want about SSC and compare them to other companies but they stuff is much better quality at least in the Headsculpt department than that. It almost looks unauthorized because it bears a passing resemblance to Sienna Miller at best but I see the official marker at the base.

baroness_dl.jpg

Not to mention the presentation would be better done through SSC. I will happily wait for SSC to make a Baroness proper.

baroness.jpg

This is 100% Official:
https://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=D4423FE1-D56F-E112-4811FD60C6D8FF9B
Hasbro announces its special edition G.I. JOE figures for San Diego Comic-Con
G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA 12” BARONESS Special Edition Figure

(Adult Colletible; Approximate Retail Price: $29.99; Available through Hasbro at San Diego Comic-Con)

Just in time for the release of G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, due out on August 7th from Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment, in association with Hasbro, Hasbro introduces the first and only 12” BARONESS figure. The figure, in the likeness of BARONESS actress Sienna Miller as seen in the upcoming movie, features a soft goods trench coat and body suit as well as multiple signature weapons. The figure comes with an R. Black designed “COBRA recruiting poster” featuring BARONESS and features the “COBRA Office of Propaganda” seal of approval. The figure and poster are packaged together in a premium faux-leather box with embossed foil.
This actually looks pretty cool. Not a perfect Baroness, we'll have to wait for Sideshow's version for that.
I might actually want to pick this up. I'll keep a look out on Hasbro's shop website.

Or if someone is going to SDCC and wouldn't mind picking this up for me, send me a PM! :D

if it were sideshow's version the head would be 3 times larger and she'd have monkey arms...

sideshow's female figures are generally complete atrocities...

Apparently you don't own or have never even seen Sideshow's females because only one has what could be considered "monkey arms" (Padme) and the majority of their females have heads that are proportioned well.
I own all of Sideshow's females with the exception of the Twilight Zone Nurse and Wai Lin from Bond; and the only recurring problems are found in the bodies. The female Buck is too thin and poses poorly from badly designed articulation. Sure there have been major duds (Wai Lin, Pamela Voorhees, Faith, Willow, rooted hair heads, etc.) but the majority aren't atrocities.

If you're going to bash Sideshow at least place the criticism where it belongs, on their female body.

Apparently you don't own or have never even seen Sideshow's females because only one has what could be considered "monkey arms" (Padme) and the majority of their females have heads that are proportioned well.
I own all of Sideshow's females with the exception of the Twilight Zone Nurse and Wai Lin from Bond; and the only recurring problems are found in the bodies. The female Buck is too thin and poses poorly from badly designed articulation. Sure there have been major duds (Wai Lin, Pamela Voorhees, Faith, Willow, rooted hair heads, etc.) but the majority aren't atrocities.

If you're going to bash Sideshow at least place the criticism where it belongs, on their female body.

dude... reread what you wrote... first you say that most of them are proportioned well... then you state that the body is poorly proportioned...

you say that there have been only a few major duds and then go on with a list that includes most of sideshow's female figures...

Wai Lin, Pamela Voorhees, Faith, Willow, rooted hair heads, etc.

what female , human figures have they made besides those?

2 semi presentable buffy figures with terrible bodies (and that rooted hair monstrosity version)... jinx...

even the ones that looks remotely ok still suffer from bobbleheaditis

if you think the proportions on figures like Anna Valerious...
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=5702

or Xenia Onnatopp...
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...g-7724&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

or slave nova...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...g-7507&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

or Cordelia...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...-20271&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

are even remotely ok, i question whether you have actually seen a real woman...

a woman's head should not account for 1/3 of the mass of her entire body...

the vast majority of the female, human figures sideshow have made are an embarrasment the few that don't suck or have Ginormous noggins are the rare exception..

and can be counted on the fingers of one hand with change left over...

dude... reread what you wrote... first you say that most of them are proportioned well... then you state that the body is poorly proportioned...

you say that there have been only a few major duds and then go on with a list that includes most of sideshow's female figures...

Wai Lin, Pamela Voorhees, Faith, Willow, rooted hair heads, etc.

what female , human figures have they made besides those?

2 semi presentable buffy figures with terrible bodies (and that rooted hair monstrosity version)... jinx...

even the ones that looks remotely ok still suffer from bobbleheaditis

if you think the proportions on figures like Anna Valerious...
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=5702

or Xenia Onnatopp...
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...g-7724&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

or slave nova...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...g-7507&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

or Cordelia...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...-20271&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

are even remotely ok, i question whether you have actually seen a real woman...

a woman's head should not account for 1/3 of the mass of her entire body...

the vast majority of the female, human figures sideshow have made are an embarrasment the few that don't suck or have Ginormous noggins are the rare exception..

and can be counted on the fingers of one hand with change left over...

Dude, your reading comprehension is s^^t.
I said "heads that are proportioned well"; the bodies are too small for 1:6 scale, not that the heads are too big.

My dud list had most of Sideshow's Females? :lol
These are some great SSC Females with correctly proportioned heads:
The first version of Buffy
Graduation Day Buffy
Vampire Buffy
Vampire Willow
Drusilla
Darla
The first ver. of Scully
Scully in Scrubs
Sarah Conner
Zira from POTA
Pu$$ygalor
Jinx
Eye of the Beholder Nurse
Lara Croft
Leia as Boushh
Asajj Ventress
Sub. 1025 the Babysitter

You have more then 17 fingers on one hand?

Anna Valerious and Slave Nova are Rotocast heads, I said they were duds, try to keep up. Xenia Onnatopp's head is proportioned well, the body and costume are the flaws there. Cordelia's head is too large, but looks better on the taller female Buck so it's not a terrible figure. Although Padme's arms are too long, the head is correctly proportioned. That leaves ANH Leia who has a poor likeness and terribly designed costume and Aayla Secura who does indeed have a big head.

Your b^^^hing and whining about head size is getting old. SSC stopped using rotocast so that's no longer an issue, and it's rare that a SCC female has a big head. The bodies are what need improvement. :lecture

Last edited:
Not a bad looking figure for the price, the box looks nifty, but that drawing sucks.

as for the yaaaaaaaaaaaawn Sideshow bashing from someone that for some reason comes over to a Sidshow board, Sarah Connor, Lara Croft and Asajj Ventress are all great SS figures.

Dude, your reading comprehension is s^^t.
I said "heads that are proportioned well"; the bodies are too small for 1:6 scale, not that the heads are too big.

My dud list had most of Sideshow's Females? :lol
These are some great SSC Females:
The first version of Buffy
Graduation Day Buffy
Vampire Buffy
Vampire Willow
Drusilla
Darla
The first ver. of Scully
Scully in Scrubs
Sarah Conner
Zira from POTA
Pu$$ygalor
Jinx
Eye of Beholder Nurse
Lara Croft
Leia as Boushh
Asajj Ventress
Sub. 1025 the Babysitter

You have more then 17 fingers on one hand?

Anna Valerious and Slave Nova are Rotocast heads, I said they were duds, try to keep up. Xenia Onnatopp's head is proportioned well, the body and costume are the flaws there. Cordelia's head is too large, but looks better on the taller female Buck so it's not a terrible figure. Although Padme's arms are too long, the head is correctly proportioned. That leaves ANH Leia who has a poor likeness and terribly designed costume and Aayla Secura who does indeed have a big head.

Your b^^^hing and whining about head size is getting old. SSC stopped using rotocast so that's no longer an issue. The bodies need improvement not head size. :lecture

you seem not to understand the meaning pf the word "proportion"

also perhaps the meaning of "human"

if the heads are too large in relation to the body then they are disproportionate...

whether the head is too big or the body is too small the effect is the same...

pretty much all of sideshow's human females look like bobble heads...

sarah conner.... Huge head!
Lara croft.... Huge head!
Galore... Huge Head!
Leia as Boushh.... Huge Freakin head!
Asajj Ventress... Huge Freakin Head! (although she may count as nonhuman)

some of the nonhuman and monster ones look considerably better but you may want to reread my post... i said "human"

the original and graduation buffys look reasonably presentable except for their big heads...

jinx looks ok as do the scullys but they still have a little too much head for the bodies...

the vampire headed figures are not human sculpts

nor are the ape or zombie or monster nurse figures...

most of the others you mention have huge heads in proportion to their bodies... and since it's not a figure without a body i think that's a pretty damn big problem...

sideshow is notorious on every forum (except perhaps this one) for having terrible female figures...

if the heads are too large in relation to the body then they are disproportionate...

Galore... Huge Head!

some of the nonhuman and monster ones look considerably better but you may want to reread my post... i said "human"

the original and graduation buffys look reasonably presentable except for their big heads...

jinx looks ok as do the scullys but they still have a little too much head for the bodies...

most of the others you mention have huge heads in proportion to their bodies... and since it's not a figure without a body i think that's a pretty damn big problem...

sideshow is notorious on every forum (except perhaps this one) for having terrible female figures...

Like every single 1:6 company, they have their hits and misses with all their figures. Saying they're all terrible is a bit ridiculous man. :rolleyes: I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find flaws on what most people consider perfect figures. Hell, the TDK Batman thread was closed due to a bunch of douchebags nitpicking the hell out of what I think was one of the best 1:6 figures ever made.

Like every single 1:6 company, they have their hits and misses with all their figures. Saying they're all terrible is a bit ridiculous man. :rolleyes: I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find flaws on what most people consider perfect figures. Hell, the TDK Batman thread was closed due to a bunch of douchebags nitpicking the hell out of what I think was one of the best 1:6 figures ever made.

of course they have their hits and misses... but most of sideshows huge misses are their female figures...

and most of that is due to the heads being out of proportion to the bodies...

in some cases the head would only be in proportion if the woman was 7 scale feet tall...

you don't need to look hard to find people saying the exact same thing about sideshow's female figures that i am ...

it's pretty much the prevailing view in the hobby.

Galore... Huge Head!

What he's saying about the heads is this, the HEADS are correct 1/6th scale, but the bodies are a little small for 1/6th scale, closer to 1/7th scale.

moving on, she looks not so bad, but I'd like to see her outfit under the trench coat. she has some definite kit-bash potential.

Back