Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren1228

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pretty bland and unoriginal if you ask me. These will be sold at the silly thing store in HK and also SDCC 09. Info from toy-world. The color is grey and has some battle-damage.

3470433485_2059073f87_o.jpg

3470433683_5856aa2438_o.jpg

Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (silly thing version)

whats up with the 'silly thing' nickname?

The "Silly Thing" nickname probably comes from the fact it'll be sold or is an exclusive to that store according to the OP.

Yup "Silly Thing" is a designer store in HK I believe. The exclusive will be sold at the store starting in June or July. I believe it'll be available at SDCC as well (maybe as Sideshow exclusive).

darren1228;1630344 These will be sold at the [B said:
silly thing [/B] store in HK.
WHVT R YOU WAITIN FOR? An answer silly. :rolleyes:

This is the grey Ironman people were speculating would be a SDCC exclusive. Not impressed so far. Would rather wait for the inevitable stealth Ironman. See what that's like.

Oops, slow off the mark. Silly bold edit's not working either.

Mark 2 never had battle damage like that picture though. Maybe a scrape off the back of his boot when he flew out the tunnel at his place. Plus when he said kill power, his back would have got it as he crushed the car.

money money money. Thats all it is.

How true. HT has a exclusive Endo with DC and now exclusive IM with this company which is great. Unfortunately, there appears to be little differences in the exclusives than the originals. :confused:

The Endo has two T-700 skulls that light up, but I can get the regular much cheaper, so that's a pass too.

I like the color, but I doubt I'd buy it. I do get the feeling these will be expensive to get later

I still don't get the objective to this. Sure it's money, even still. Why?

There was no matte silver Iron Man. They can't be original and work on new lines that they have to keep milking things? It's not even an official look.

I probably won't be getting it but for the collectors who like the ultra exclusives this'll be a nice pick-up.

Looks like it has a new right hand sculpt too.

Like the weathering, but I have no need for a Gray version of Iron Man...such a silly thing... :lol

I still don't get the objective to this. Sure it's money, even still. Why?

There was no matte silver Iron Man. They can't be original and work on new lines that they have to keep milking things? It's not even an official look.

Grey is "Silly Thing" founder, TK's, favorite color. Definite pass....too much other good stuff coming out.

really like the weathering and color on this. kinda feel like its the original (comic) ironman color. I am tempted but probably wont get it if its the same price as regular MK3 and MK2. IMO it should be cheaper since its a repaint.

really like the weathering and color on this. kinda feel like its the original (comic) ironman color. I am tempted but probably wont get it if its the same price as regular MK3 and MK2. IMO it should be cheaper since its a repaint.

It'll be more expensive because it is limited.

Cheaper :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I agree with all your points. The weathering and color (based on initial pixs) look decent but another $170 for the same figure in a different color = pass.

Too many original figs coming to worry about a re-hash fig.

They could have at least gave it shoulder cannons and marketed it as "War Machine".

Nah, even a shoulder cannon wouldn't match the conceptual art for War Machine that could have been in Iron Man 1. Favreau put in the shoulder cannon part in the credits based off of a photoshop done that circulated around the web as a nod to the fans just like the newspaper had the spy photograph in the end sequence.

This is a wasted opportunity IMHO. In the actual Iron Man when the Mark 02 is taking its flight over Malibu and Santa Monica he tries to break the record held by the Blackbird. When he reaches the heights in the atmosphere his suit gets covered with ice and it turns a greyish color with a lot of weathering to due the conditions. When he pulls the flare and deploys them it breaks the ice and as he moves towards his move the further down he flies and the ice melts and returns to the standard coloring.

They could have done the "Iced" version of the Mark 02, kept it in continuity and still apeased the owner with his favorite color without having to go Hasbro and just give multicolored pieces. :rolleyes:

That being said I'll probably still get one. :lol

Back