1:6 scale beasts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
It was very exciting to read in the new Q-n-A that Sideshow is considering doing some of the beasts in the 1:6 scale line. They mentioned the Rancor being one of those they are very interested in doing.

How cool would a 1:6 Rancor be?

And if we can get a 1:6 Rancor...is a 1:6 Balrog too much to hope for?

Edit - Wouldn't a 1:6 scale Rancor be at least, likel 4 feet tall?

Reek or Acklay would be relatively easy to do. Hell they can just hire Bandai to make them out of vinyl like their Godzilla figures.

A rancor would be great (and he would probably fit under my Jabba setup table) but would be way too expensive for me. If a regular 12" is $90 now I'd hate to see what a rancor would cost.

A rancor would be great (and he would probably fit under my Jabba setup table) but would be way too expensive for me. If a regular 12" is $90 now I'd hate to see what a rancor would cost.

Yeah...if they went all out on it, it could end up in the 4-digit range...

but I would still get 2.

Yeah the shear size and PF level price would be prohibitive for me to buy, although it would be a cool collectible. Now a bantha with fur would be one I couldn't pass up on. Or even better a Bantha and Tusken, or Sandtrooper, two pack.

Last edited:
i would like to seem the revisit the dewback as well. (sandtroopers....;))

a wampa would be cool but i want to see chewy before a wampa .........although a wampa may be a good test subject for a real fur figure.

It did be quite a sight to see a 1/6th Rancor holding on to the 12" Jedi Luke.

If Sideshow does make a 1/6th Rancor, I will make room for one.:)

Last edited:

They were also talking about companion pieces for the Rancor. Wonder if that means they'd make a 1:6 version that fat bastard Rancor Keeper? Or potentially a Gammorian Guard.

Wikipedia says the Rancor is about 10 meters which is 32.8 feet; Vader is about 2 meters tall, which equates to 14 inches tall “SS Standard”. So that puts the Rancor at about 28 in. or 2’-4”. That’s about the size of a small toddler. LOl. Now where could I put that thing, I’d have to get rid of my toddler. Well I hope the wife doesn’t mind. I’m going to put her in the commerce section if anyone is interested in buying a 6 month old.

I'd like a Dewback to go with the Sandtrooper. The Hasbro one is ok but SS could do so much better.

Wikipedia says the Rancor is about 10 meters which is 32.8 feet; Vader is about 2 meters tall, which equates to 14 inches tall “SS Standard”. So that puts the Rancor at about 28 in. or 2’-4”. That’s about the size of a small toddler. LOl. Now where could I put that thing, I’d have to get rid of my toddler. Well I hope the wife doesn’t mind. I’m going to put her in the commerce section if anyone is interested in buying a 6 month old.

GoHero is moving in the right direction... now we need Sideshow to step it up :lecture

DSC05175.JPG

Wikipedia says the Rancor is about 10 meters which is 32.8 feet; Vader is about 2 meters tall, which equates to 14 inches tall “SS Standard”. So that puts the Rancor at about 28 in. or 2’-4”.

I'm questioning your math here. If Vader is 2m, and the Rancor is 10m, that would mean the Rancor would need to be 5 times as tall as Vader, not twice as tall, which would put it at about 70" tall.

I'm not sure I buy the 10m height that gets thrown around for the Rancor, though.

Hasbro's latest Rancor toy is a little under 11" tall, and is about 1:18 scale. If its size is anywhere near accurate (and it looks like it is based on its size comparable to the 4" figures), that means a 1:6 Rancor would come in at around 33" tall, or 2' 9".

Assuming improved economic conditions by the time this went on sale I'd definitely be up for one. Sideshow could probably do it as a huge rotocast figure and bring it in at a surprisingly low price relative to its size. Jabba was $90, after all, so I bet a rotocast 1:6 Rancor could be as little as $350-400, though the shipping on this would be absolute murder.

Well if the Rancor is 32.8' tall, in true 1/6 scale that would be 5.5' tall. That would probably be about the same price as their life-size droids, so an easy pass for me if he ever gets made.

Well if the Rancor is 32.8' tall, in true 1/6 scale that would be 5.5' tall. That would probably be about the same price as their life-size droids, so an easy pass for me if he ever gets made.
No way is it that big, based on how it appeared in ROTJ. It's more like 18"... if you look at starwars.com it lists rancors as being between 5m-10m, with "rancors on Dathomir being larger".

To wit:
rancor.jpg

Star%20Wars%20-%20Rancor%20Statue.jpg

Back