New upcoming 12" GI Joe hint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
In tonight's Sideshow Q&A:

Q: I give you guys points for attempting to design a more articulate body with the Prometheus, but unfortunately it suffers from several problems, in my opinion. For one, the height is shorter than the Buck, at almost Medicom scale. You’ve said that the Pro is adjustable, but I have yet to see one in the correct scale. The shoulders slope down too far from the neck and the upper body lacks healthy definition. The waistline is also too high in proportion to the upper body and just like the Buck, has no butt to fill out the baggy pants. You have apparently addressed the issue with the Pro joints being too loose on the first few figures, but there still seem to be too many floppy necks and ankles and other issues that continue to bring down what would have been really exceptional figures. Is there any chance you will be going back to the drawing boards and revising the design with a Prometheus 2.0 anytime soon? And why won’t you ever sell the base bodies, like you did with the Buck, to customizers?

A: We are working on modifications for the Pro body. The new body parts will debut on an upcoming figure in the GI Joe line, and will include a heavily modified upper body and height increase. At a future date, we’ll share more details via the Production Blog or elsewhere on the Sideshow website.

We have received requests to sell the base bodies separately. It’s something we’ll evaluate again once we’ve added the new body parts to the tooling library.

So let's throw out some ideas of characters with bigger upper bodies and arms!!

Same here. Roadblock was the first that came to mind....I can't think of any really huge COBRA members off of the top of my head....Although looking at his look in general there is gonna be a lot of exposed skin (possibly) so will the upgraded Prometheus also include a muscle suit?

roadblock25th.jpg

They'd need the mods but what about height. I don't remember the RAH size differences....was Destro or Zartan that much taller than CC?

Here is another angle, heavily modified torso and height could it be a female Pro? They'd need to heavily modify the body and make it a bit shorter.....just putting it out there.

Roadblock would be a odd choice for the second Joe character. Slaughter would be interesting, but I think WWF owns the trademark for that character and not Hasbro.

Maybe Road Pig?

Roadblock would be a odd choice for the second Joe character. Slaughter would be interesting, but I think WWF owns the trademark for that character and not Hasbro.

Maybe Road Pig?

Or Croc Master, or hell, even Dr. Mindbender. Of course, we could be going the wrong way with this and them discussing the idea of modifying the arms by slimming therm down and modifying the chest by adding breasts to the Pro? :naughty

Though the thought of flat-assed Joe/Cobra women on the Pro is about as unappealing as the 12" Hasbros...

I don't think they intended to say its the next figure. I will bet we'll see at least Duke or Hawk, then the cobra trooper variant, then the special body figure.

Croc Master. That'd be sweet. :lol I can't imagine we'll be seeing him anytime soon but I'll definitely pick him up on the extremely off chance SSC decides to make him.

Back