Maul 1:1 ES set at 1000

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood49

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this mentioned elsewhere, but the Maul ES is 1000. That seems fair, and I would expect Greedo to be in the low range---probably around 250.

I'm aware that Greedo is already on "low quantity alert", but that doesn't include the number that dealers are getting.

I was actually surprised to see the ES this large, I was expecting it to be closer to 500. Noticed the NL also lists it as sold out even though as of now it is still available. Must be getting close though.

I think SS has done a great job on the first two 1:1 busts.

I would buy them but have no place to put them.

Wondering if since they did a Greedo bust, will we see
a PF 1/4 of him as well?

I would've bought a PF of Greedo, but I won't be buying the bust. I don't have room for items that big.

I thought for sure the ES on Maul would have been higher. I'm glad it is only 1000 worldwide. I was thinking that the ES on Greedo would be somewhere around 500, but now knowing that Maul is set at 1000, I'm thinking that 250 sounds about right for Greedo.

I can't wait to get both of these and to see what else SS has in store for the 1:1 bust line. :)

I think Maul is too high. The problem is now I have to wait to order. I have to shop around for the best deal because its going to go a lot cheaper than retail at that Edition size.

With the amount of rabid Star Wars fans out there, I don't think the edition size is too big. I like the fact that it isn't TBD like some products seem to be doomed to. I reckon it is smart to list an edition size. It should get these busts, or what's left of them, moving more rapidly. In fact the edition size of a product should be known prior to production, so some conformity can be adhered to.

In the past I thought the edition size was part of the licence. I guess it is more negotiable these days, depending on how much money can be made from a product, and to test it's popularity with the market and the pressures it may be under at the time of release.

creecher said:
With the amount of rabid Star Wars fans out there, I don't think the edition size is too big. I like the fact that it isn't TBD like some products seem to be doomed to.

Creech, the Maul ES was originally TBD. It has just now been listed after 4 months or so.

Thanks Elwood. I find it hard to make things clear sometimes. There are some products that have been out for three or more years without an edition size being declared.

I am known to be wrong on many occassions. For example, as far as I knew 1/6 Frankenstein had never had its edition size declared. Reading another thread, Dave made mention that it was 25,000. So what now, it still isn't listed on the Sideshow site in the archives. I find that strange. It may have gotten under my radar, in a newsletter update at some time. Dave has many sources that I don't. Keeping on top of details is a hard task when there are so many changes to keep on top of, and only a finite number of staff and hours in a day. Information is power. How it is weilded is another matter. I am not particularly interested in Star Wars and am sorry if I have diverted the topic of the thread somewhat. Which is the Maul bust more than the edition size and it's ability to promote sales of a product, and how the release of this information, at an opportune time, can change perception of the situation.

It is virtually saying 'here you are, it is a big edition size, that is almost sold out in four months. Better get it while you can' If you haven't ordered from Sideshow, better get to your distributor, or log onto ebay, pronto. Without this information you may have missed the boat, and seeing how popular it is, the secondary market may just as well be more costly.

ES listed just in time to Sell Out. :banana :banana

Took a few days but looks like pretty much all of the items listed as SoldOut in last weeks NL have finally done so.

For SW fans, 1000 seems to be the magic number. Limit a high-end SW product to 1000 or less, and it will usually sell out fast. Secondary market prices on these seem to rise faster as well.

Like I said in a previous post, I thought the ES would have been bigger. I think they could have sold out of 1500 as well.

The Maul 1:1 may not be your cup of tea, but it doesn't look cheap. It was on display at SDCC and was very impressive in person.

Well, it may indeed look cheap to him. Personally, I think it's far from "cheap" looking, and would like to see the impressive collection of anyone who thinks so.

Darklord Dave said:
The Maul 1:1 may not be your cup of tea, but it doesn't look cheap. It was on display at SDCC and was very impressive in person.

I went to the last SDCC and yes, it felt really cheap and somewhat cheesy to me. did you touch the bottom where the cloth ends? actually you could feel the stitches. the face looks good, but the base looks bad and the cloth felt cheesy and poorly done. yes, it's a proto, but didn't impress me at all...

I'm gonna go with Dave on this I thought it was pretty impressive and far far from cheap.

I don't think you can shop around for a Maul. I think each dealer only got 1, so direct may be the only option left.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Back