Sideshow-Quality DC Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlprjlpr

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm new here but I've really gotten very into the Sideshow Marvel Premium Format, Dioramas and Comiquettes. I'm not too impressed with the Bowen by comparison.

My question is: is there a line of statues for DC comics that is of the same great quality that the Sideshow Marvel PF, Dioramas and Comiquettes are? Or is there only lesser quality DC statues?

Has anyone heard if Sideshow will ever get a DC license?

Bowen is amazing! and if not better than sideshow...

Sideshow could get a DC license, but never while they have Marvel.

And since Marvel is a bagilion times better than DC it will never happen.Never.Ever.Period.

I'm new here but I've really gotten very into the Sideshow Marvel Premium Format, Dioramas and Comiquettes. I'm not too impressed with the Bowen by comparison.

My question is: is there a line of statues for DC comics that is of the same great quality that the Sideshow Marvel PF, Dioramas and Comiquettes are? Or is there only lesser quality DC statues?

DC Comics has their 1/4 scale Museum Quality Statue line which consists of Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman and a soon to be released Green Lantern (Hal Jordon).

IMO, Batman & Wonder Woman are excellent statues. I have WW and a friend of mine just got Bats, both of these statues are very high quailty.

5295_a_full.jpg

:rock

7043_a_full.jpg

:rock

9628_a_full.jpg

:rock:rock

11977_a_full.jpg

:rock:rock

Last edited:
Bowen is amazing! and if not better than sideshow...

The Bowens are okay but when you put them next to a Sideshow comiquette, they pale in comparison, in my opinion. To me, the Bowens faces aren't as nice. Also, they don't seem as detailed and they have a shinyness that I don't like.

Thanks Darth Snoopy for posting those photos of the DC quarter scales. I like WW and GL, not sure about SM and BM. I've never seen those in person but they don't look as awesome as a Thor PF or Dr. Doom PF. But I do have to see them in person to really comment.

I have the Batman and Wonder Woman and I think they're great. Only the paintwork isn't as nice as SS, but if you repaint them or have them repainted I think they would be comparable or even better than SS. Here's some pics of Bats:
BatCap1.jpg

BatCap2.jpg

very good photo to show DC and Marvel side by side. Thanks Samuel JD. The Batman is not bad and would look awesome on its own but next to the Capt. America, I would have to say Sideshow did the better job. But I agree the Batman is also nice. Thanks again for the comparison photo. I really like the Wonder Woman. Think I'll look into getting that one first.

very good photo to show DC and Marvel side by side. Thanks Samuel JD. The Batman is not bad and would look awesome on its own but next to the Capt. America, I would have to say Sideshow did the better job. But I agree the Batman is also nice. Thanks again for the comparison photo. I really like the Wonder Woman. Think I'll look into getting that one first.

I would've shown you a picture of WW too, but I have her boxed up right now, because I'm running out of space and don't have a proper display. She is amazing too and they didn't give her the blue streaks in her hair:joy, which are shown in the stock photos. Instead they opted for shiny hair, that was a much better choice IMHO (it catches light so much better).

Hey the WW photo is great. I like that one. That will be my first DC piece. Thanks for the photo.

DC Direct products are laughable.

Can't agree with that blanket statement; while many of their pieces have faults, there are numerous DCD products that are exceptional. Just going on what I have:
-Sandman bookends (original set Morpheus & Daniel)
-Sandman/Death 20th Anniversary bookends
-Sandman mini-busts (I have all 7 Endless characters, they're great!)
-Spirit mini-bust (comic-based & Eisner-inspired)
-I'm also a fan of the 13" figure line, though there are minor nits to pick: scale (though personally it doesn't bother me), cut joints, lack of wrist articulation, bendy hands are my only complaints (well, besides price!).

I don't currently own any of the Museum-Quality 1/4 pieces, but have Green Lantern pre-ordered, and I plan to eventually pick up Batman and possibly Superman & Wonder Woman to go with my Marvel PFs.

I think Green Lantern make me surprise, he looks better than some Marvel PF.
However, DC direct have to work a lot if they serious to make quarter scale.

DC Direct products are laughable.

I disagree, not all their products are "laughable"...if you had said "Some of DCD's products are laughable" then I'd say sure.

I have the 1/4 WW Museum-Quality statue and I think it's an excellent piece on par with some of SS PF's.

The Vertigo: Death statue is an outstanding little statue.

The 13" Supergirl is really impressive for a figure.

I have several of the DCD Women of the DC Universe busts and all the one's I own are FANTASTIC.

I can't wait for the DCD Covergirls of the DC Universe statues (based on Adam Hughes's work)!

Hey the WW photo is great. I like that one. That will be my first DC piece. Thanks for the photo.

Get it, you won't regret it. And as I mentioned before, this one turned out better than the stock photos.

Back