What will be the edition size of Jedi Luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will be the edition size of Regular Jedi Luke?

Votes: 11 25.0%

Votes: 9 20.5%

Votes: 7 15.9%

Votes: 11 25.0%

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just for today, since they said they'd announce the edition size on Friday. How many Jedi Luke do you think there were?

well hes sold out at sideshow and is still TBD, I guess they'll get more soon? No way thats it for Luke, Im sure theres MANY more who still want him.

I say 10 000

12,500 say I!!:wacky

I mean,c'mon,this is Luke Skywalker.From Star Wars!Everybody and their Gran will be wanting this figure.I d also consider the fact that this was the fastest exclusive sell-through in Sideshows history will factor heavily in the descision making process.

It would honestly be new territory for them to have an extremely large ES. I believe most of their ES for existing 12" have usually be fairly low. Of course, SW collector base is a lot larger, but still I think they will try to keep things fairly limited. I would have expected 5000, but with the quick sellout of the exclusive I voted for 7500.

oxbeard said:
It would honestly be new territory for them to have an extremely large ES. I believe most of their ES for existing 12" have usually be fairly low. Of course, SW collector base is a lot larger, but still I think they will try to keep things fairly limited. I would have expected 5000, but with the quick sellout of the exclusive I voted for 7500.

the first james bond figures had runs of 15,000. i think if sideshow thought they could sell 15,000 of every figure, they would. it's not like they do runs of 2,000 because they want to "keep things fairly limited". it's because they discovered there are not 15,000 bond fans who will shell out $30-$50 for a "doll".:peace

i think sideshow would be fools to make less than 10,000 lukes.:horror

This line is a good alternative for those not willing to spend $250 (or more) for PF 1/4 and want to collect SW from Sideshow. That said, the edition size will be large but not large enough to hurt the collectivity. Otherwise people will just buy Hasbro 12" figures for less than half the price, call it a day and write off their difference in their collecting brains as "slightly better" even though it isn't.

That's the position I have taken as I am not collecting 1/4 SW. I am holding off my money (and shelf space) for the LOTR 1/4 line.

I voted 10,000. I really feel for the people who thought he would be around alot longer. I really love this figure. He is dead on and you dont see too many excellent Luke sculpts around. I have the PF Luke and his likeness is very good, SS I think is on a very good run with SW right now.

I voted 10,000 but that may be too optimistic of me.

Anything less would be a welcomed surprise. Anything more would not surprise me. SS has THE license, here. I don't think they'll want to limit their income.

With that being said, if the regular edition ES is more than 10,000, I'll definitely consider selling my exclusive and picking up a regular version. The skiff guard blaster is not such a huge deal for me.

I probably should have higher choices. I'd forgotten about the James Bond runs of 15,000. But that was back in the day when Suncoast/Spencer's etc. were still stocking them. And I think the original Frankenstein and Buffy were in the 25,000 range. So it isn't unprecedented.

Didn't realize those examples of larger runs. That was back before my time with Sideshow. But that was also with items carrying by larger stores right?

I would still expect a smaller run then.

I guessed 7500 but I reckon now after thinking more it will be 5000...........I think we we will be shocked how many of these have sold & how fast. :google

Newsletter out...... 6,500 is the final number not a bad edition size I think..........................................OUT

Way too few really but great for collectors who do get a figure. I thought Dave should have posted a fifteen thousand edition size or higher in his poll. I didn't vote since I thought it would be at least that many. As has been stated, this really is a collectible with a WW release of 7750 pcs. total. And I'm guessing we won't be seeing this figure have to be blasted out at discount prices to move them off the shelf and that is good for SSC and it's retailers.
I think SSC may have to reevaluate what type of production runs they are going to do in future. I expect to see more Luke's so people will get another shot at having one whether it's "Hoth Luke" or "Tatooine Luke" etc.. But fans are going to want these in numbers SSC hasn't been producing recently. I wonder if SSC realises just how big a deal Star Wars 12" is? I know they think it's important or they wouldn't have the license. But I wonder if they considered just what the potential is for the SW Universe line sales wise?

chamildav said:
I wonder if SSC realises just how big a deal Star Wars 12" is? I know they think it's important or they wouldn't have the license. But I wonder if they considered just what the potential is for the SW Universe line sales wise?

Considering how bad the Hasbro 12" figures looked, Sideshow is sitting on a goldmine with this license.

Some of the talk it almost makes you think that Sideshow is this novice company that they have no idea what they are doing. Come on, this line is only getting started who knows what all is in store for us. Crazy to only think that one Luke will be made.

Back