Harry Potter Goblet of Fire!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
I just got back from seeing GoF! Wow! All I will say for now is... almost non-stop action! And... may be a little intense for young children! Go see this movie! :banana

Yep, I agree with Lonnie, great scenes, more to the book then those before....Yes, I broke down and went to midnight showing....

Everyone go see this movie!! Saw it last night at the Alamo Drafthouse at midnight! I loved it, the best so far IMO. My younger brother and I are still talking about it. I didnt know Ralph Fiens was in the movie. He did an awesome job!!

Just saw it and when I got home the NC Voldemort wand was waiting for me!

I had a problem with the film - everything raced past so fast. They got a lot in from the book but I can't imagine being able to follow it if you hadn't read the novel.

SPOILERS

I loved the changes they made - Barty being in the opening and seeing him do the dark mark made him a much more real villain. I also liked that it was Neville that gave HP the ghilly weed. Considering how important he's to become it's great that he has more to do in the movies. I also think Radcliffe has come a long way as an actor. Very believeable and he has really developed a range. Watson on the other hand is still looking down as if reading her lines.

I also loved the effects - not a single one that I thought was poorly done like just abut everything in the first film and even the werewolf in 3. Even the mermen and dragons, which I didn't think looked so good in the first trailer, were great.

But I think this was probably the best of the 4 - it's going to be difficult for a TV director working from the first non-Kloves script to match it with the inferior book 5.

I saw it last night and thought it was pretty good. I was able to follow the action despite never having read the book.

Saw GOF yesterday afternoon while all the kids were still in school. I really liked it a lot, best of the series so far IMO. I think I need to read the books now though. I was a little lost as far as some of the characters went, but it did have a lot more action, drama and all that makes a good story then the first movies did. I guess it's because the kids are growing up. Well worth the 2 1/2 hours spent in the theater

Just saw it. I really liked it. Would like to post more but don't want to take chance of spoilers. Snape, although not on screen as much as in previous ones, had some nice things to do, as well as Neville. Mad-Eye was great. Only quibble for me was the way Dumbledore was portrayed (but I might be a bit biased since I'm not that much of a fan of Gambon anyway).

Believe it's the second best in the series so far. Would give it a solid B+.

I saw it tonight. I have to say it might be my favorite of the HP films, despite the fact that my favorite, Snape, isn't onscreen much, though when he is there he's brilliant.

I saw this today and loved every minute of it. I thought there was a good balance of humor (first half) and seriousness (second half). The three tournament sequences had me on the edge of my seat.

I just got home from seeing it, and it really was great. I too loved Snape's scenes. Especially when he was erm, encouraging Ron and Harry to study. I also thought it was very faithful to the book, and I didn't mind the changes that were there. One change I actually liked. As opposed to POA which I disliked alot of the changes. Can't wait to see book 6's movie...

Darklord Dave said:
They got a lot in from the book but I can't imagine being able to follow it if you hadn't read the novel.
I don't know, I managed to follow it ok and I haven't read the book. I've only read the first two. My son has read them all and answered a few niggling questions I had, but nothing major. He made me start reading the third book when we got home though. I've got some catching up to do.

I did think it was very good. Much darker than the previous films though. Books too, I would imagine. Not for young kids, although I did see quite a few in the theatre. I wouldn't want to be their parents when they wake up screaming at 3 AM! ; )

Wetanut said:
Only quibble for me was the way Dumbledore was portrayed (but I might be a bit biased since I'm not that much of a fan of Gambon anyway).
I would agree there. I much preferred Richard Harris' portrayal of Dumbledore. He made everything he said sound like it had some ancient wisdom behind it. Gambon just sounds like some guy. Too matter-of-fact.

My son and I were both surprised that they didn't show any of the World Cup match. It was kind of glaring by it's absence. Maybe it will show up on the DVD though.

I would agree there. I much preferred Richard Harris' portrayal of Dumbledore. He made everything he said sound like it had some ancient wisdom behind it. Gambon just sounds like some guy. Too matter-of-fact.

My son and I were both surprised that they didn't show any of the World Cup match. It was kind of glaring by it's absence. Maybe it will show up on the DVD though.

Complete agreement on both points. The movie did seem a bit "crowded".
Rupert Grint and Emily Watson were excellent while Daniel wasn't quite as wooden as in the earlier movies!

We saw this last night and it was great.
I am glad we were able to get out and see it.

The movie was every bit as impressive as I expected.
Like many I am excited to see the next one.

I too like this film. I just don't picture Gambon as Dumbeldore though. He was furious at Harry when his name was drawn. The real Dumbeldore would have never done that. He is much more patient. Harris did a much better job. He was the books' Dumbeldore. Did anyone else thing Dumbeldore looked like Gandalf in the flashback?

Count me in as another person who prefers Harris as Dumbledore. There's something about Gambon's portrayal...it just doesn't work as well for me. He just doesn't have that...magical quality.

Back