RW dio - Should the Frodo exc come on a bigger base?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want the Frodo exc. to come with an extra bit of base?

• Yes, it would improve it and make it a definate purchase for me!

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • No, i'll still get it just how it looks, inferior though it be (What??!!)

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

FrodoEyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
New poll time! I'm just really interested to know if people would be more inclined to buy the Ringwraith diorama if the Frodo exclusive came with or on a base just big enough to connect to the RW base. The characters are not too far apart so it shouldn't put Frodo on too big a base, or the bit of base inbetween could even come seperate. I just think it would solve the whole 'floating islands' problem and it wouldn't be such a big deal for SS to just include a small section of base if it improves the overall piece and have more collectors, certainly me anyway, definately buy the piece. Then the collectors like me would be happy, and if people didn't want the 'inbetween' base, then they just wouldn't have to display it.
What i'm trying to say is, SIDESHOW PLEASE PROVIDE A TINY BIT OF BASE TO JOIN THE TWO TOGETHER OR I MIGHT GO INSANE!!! :D

How can this dio not come with a Frodo?
Lower the es but include Frodo---no ex

I voted that both should have had some more envio to them; but I highly doubt that anything will change now.

For the price they are asking I think they should add some more base to it!

But I'm gonna place an order anyway, It's gonna take ALOT to make them change it!

I don't really see this as a big problem and it's certainly nothing SS will change.

Minimizing the size of the base was probably a cost consideration with 5 large figures. Seems that they are very conscious of hitting the $299 price point. Just supposition, but adding Frodo as an exclusive "island" for extra $$ was probably some sort of compromise of "finishing the dio" while serving the target price point.

While different, Frodo being separate and it just gives a bit more option with a display and I don't have a problem with it. If any tweak, I'd like them to widen the RW base to give it a bit heavier, more weighted look.

I wish frodo could turn invisible with the push of a button...

i used to have a manger scene that reminded me of this dio and baby jesus had a base just like frodo.

As I said before, the way they made the dio is an extreme cop-out imo! They just stuck the Ringwraiths on a rock and cluttered them together! They were not that close to each other in the movie and it should have had SOMETHING from Amon Súl to make it a true dio!

As I see it now it's just a bunch of Ringwraiths stuck together on a rock! Extremely disappointing! :mad:

As I said before, the way they made the dio is an extreme cop-out imo! They just stuck the Ringwraiths on a rock and cluttered them together! They were not that close to each other in the movie and it should have had SOMETHING from Amon Súl to make it a true dio!

As I see it now it's just a bunch of Ringwraiths stuck together on a rock! Extremely disappointing! :mad:

i take it you did'nt order it?

I am not sure if anyone else has done this but take a tape measure on the corner of a square table and measure 12" wide x 12" deep x 12" tall. This thing is going to be substantial. It seems like they went for bigger Ringwraiths but closer together.

Just remember that the movie was one persons view of the books, all be it a good one at that, but why does it have to be "movie accurate" all the dam time? The LOTR’s are the 2nd most read books of all time??? Take it as 1 of many interpretations of the beauty of the books, as when I first read the books the RW’s looked different in my mind to begin with, so with the artists interpretation of this part of the book is just icing on one hell of a cake!!!! ;)

Re: RW dio - Should the Frodo excl come on a bigger base?

Just remember that the movie was one persons view of the books, all be it a good one at that, but why does it have to be "movie accurate" all the dam time? The LOTR’s are the 2nd most read books of all time??? Take it as 1 of many interpretations of the beauty of the books, as when I first read the books the RW’s looked different in my mind to begin with, so with the artists interpretation of this part of the book is just icing on one hell of a cake!!!! ;)

This was clearly based off the move and not done as an artist interpretation so that is why it needs to be accurate and needs to have something of Amon Súl added! :p

Re: RW dio - Should the Frodo excl come on a bigger base?

This was clearly based off the move and not done as an artist interpretation so that is why it needs to be accurate and needs to have something of Amon Súl added! :p
Nope, NOT at all, interpretation of the books, just as the movies, after all the description of the piece does not say “from the movie” ANYWHERE…….

I mean what the heck can a piece of rock add to this, zippo, nada, nothing,….

Take it of leave it, art, sculpting, are just an interpretation of the artist…..:rolleyes:

Back