SUPERMAN RETURNS teaser.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
The SUPERMAN RETURNS teaser will air during SMALLVILLE Thursday 9/8c on WB. It will then be online Thursday night after debut. Also with selected HARRY POTTER. :banana

it sucked.

the only thing that was any good was the marlon brando voice.

i know it's just a "teaser", but it didn't do anything to get me excited about this movie.

seeing clark as a kid i think is stupid. why are they doing an orgins story if this is supposed to be after superman 2?

I have to say I got chills watching it. When he was hovering above the clouds and then in space with the music and the Brando voice over, it's the first time that I've truly gotten excited about this movie. I kinda felt like a kid again.

I agree,

The effects looked pretty bad to me...something was just off.

Loved hearing Brando's voice and William's music though.

Oh, the colors of the suit still look like evil Superman from part 3.....WHY change the classic costume?!??!?!

I want so, so much to like this film. The shot of him hovering over earth and just hanging in the rays of the sun are iconic images. But the suit is just too dark!

But I did get chills from the music and Brando.

I have always had a problem with Superman. I will not get into the Batman vs Supes discussion (I have done that WAY too many times), but something just occured to me.

Is everyone who knows Kent Clark retarded???????
The guy does not cover his face when he is all flights and tights but only wears glasses when he is dressed up as a normal person. How stupid do you have to be not to put two and two together????

AHHH!!!

LOTRSWfan said:
I have always had a problem with Superman. I will not get into the Batman vs Supes discussion (I have done that WAY too many times), but something just occured to me.

The guy does not cover his face when he is all flights and tights but only wears glasses when he is dressed up as a normal person. How stupid do you have to be not to put two and two together????

AHHH!!!

hehehe.. yes.. this is very true. However, I have always felt people knew that Clark Kent was Superman much more than they let on... certainly more than people knew Bruce Wayne was Batman...

hehe.. by the way i love this...

LOTRSWfan said:

hehe... its ok Mike.. it must just be all the long hours you've been putting in on my Sauron. hehe:wacky

The Clark vs. Superman debate has been exhaustively explained many times. Each era has it's own version - in the '70s Clark hypnotized everyone he met with his super-krypto hypno vision through his glasses.

In the '90s Lex was presented with incontrovertible evidence that Clark Kent and Superman were the same person. He dismissed it completely because there is no way that a being with the powers of Superman would lower himself to masquerade as a human.

This, coupled with the fact that the idea of a "super identity" is dismissed for Superman makes it more realistic for a modern audience.

Lookin4Precious said:
hehehe.. yes.. this is very true. However, I have always felt people knew that Clark Kent was Superman much more than they let on... certainly more than people knew Bruce Wayne was Batman...

Yeah, I think so too, it just bugs me! GRRRRRR

Lookin4Precious said:
hehe... its ok Mike.. it must just be all the long hours you've been putting in on my Sauron. hehe:wacky

Man, I have had such a week. So glad it is almost over. STILL going homework right now. I FINALLY have free time this weekend, so I think I will finish Sauron SUnday.

I can't wait for school to be over....

Oh yeah, I have a friend who LOVES Supes. I am going to ask her about this tomorrow when I see her.

Darklord Dave said:
The Clark vs. Superman debate has been exhaustively explained many times. Each era has it's own version - in the '70s Clark hypnotized everyone he met with his super-krypto hypno vision through his glasses.

In the '90s Lex was presented with incontrovertible evidence that Clark Kent and Superman were the same person. He dismissed it completely because there is no way that a being with the powers of Superman would lower himself to masquerade as a human.

This, coupled with the fact that the idea of a "super identity" is dismissed for Superman makes it more realistic for a modern audience.

......Lame

:wacky

dunno.........i think it kinda rocked........the music, marlon Brando's voice & the shot of him raising above the clouds in the sunlight then staring down at the city lights at night

The reason people can't tell that Clark is Superman is the same reason Peter Parker can get bitten by a spider and get spider powers or Green Lantern can have a magical energy ring, it's called suspension of disbelief. Almost all superhero stuff is pretty silly at it's core, as is brilliantly demonstarted by the Tick. You either buy into it or you don't.

I saw HP at the IMAX last night, and luckily it also should the Supes spot, and it put me at ease, still wish they would have had Routh bulk up he needs more muscle...

I was worried about him being too skinny, but he seemed bulky enough in that scene of him standing on a rooftop.

The trailer didn't impress me, I was expecting much more.

And you know what bothered me a lot? Watching The Lord of the Rings, Return of the King and seeing Sam and Frodo on that rock with all that insanely hot lava surrounding them and them not instantly bursting into flames. Them surviving on that rock is about as plausible as nobody recognizing Superman is Clark Kent. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
screamingmetal said:
The trailer didn't impress me, I was expecting much more.

And you know what bothered me a lot? Watching The Lord of the Rings, Return of the King and seeing Sam and Frodo on that rock with all that insanely hot lava surrounding them and them not instantly bursting into flames. Them surviving on that rock is about as plausible as nobody recognizing Superman is Clark Kent. :rolleyes:

Oh no you didain't!

TheObsoleteMan said:
The reason people can't tell that Clark is Superman is the same reason Peter Parker can get bitten by a spider and get spider powers or Green Lantern can have a magical energy ring, it's called suspension of disbelief. Almost all superhero stuff is pretty silly at it's core, as is brilliantly demonstarted by the Tick. You either buy into it or you don't.

I know what that is, but I haved my limits. :wacky

LOTRSWfan said:
I know what that is, but I haved my limits. :wacky

If you can buy into LOTR with it's trolls, wizards, elves and magical rings, I'd think you'd be able to handle the Clark/Superman thing. ;)

Saw the trailer on the big screen on HP. I tried to force the goose bumps, but they just wouldn't come. It's too dark and dreary I'm afraid.

Back