Buffy DVD Box Set shipping from Amazon!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigLeagueChu

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got my notice yesterday. I did the Super Saver free shipping so estimated delivery is Nov 26:banghead . I can't wait:banana :banana :banana

Mine is in the house. Haven't really gotten to check it out closely yet, but the graphic design of the box really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I like this set a lot. Of course, not to mention that I hadn't completed my collection yet, so now I actually have the full set for a change. :banana

I'm waiting for the price of the X-Files set ta fall. Hopefully, next year they'll be really cheap:D

TC :banana

i now have both buffy and angel in a boxset i had all the buffys and sold them for£100 so now i have them and i love them
though i though they would be big there small

I got mine today! :joy

I'll begin watching season 3 tonight. :banana

JS :D

if someone could post pic of the buffy and angel one that would be awsome:joy :banana
mine are 4 xmas:D
my list is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!:horror
:peace

If anyone missed getting this box at Amazon, or for those who have been on the fence, DVD Planet in affiliation with DeepDiscountDVD.com is selling the set for $111.89 with the promo code SUPERSALE, through 11/19. Free shipping, too!

Here's the link:

https://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=FXD031290

If Buffy isn't your thing, the promo code also applies to the rest of their inventory of nearly 30,000 titles.

jdg.jpg

Mine actually came yesterday too! I don't know how Amazon gave me an estimated delivery of Nov 28th, but I'm not complaining:D

I got mine todat also!!

I plan on watching the whole series, two episodes a day, starting on Thanksgiving.

Now I can finally get rid of all of those VCR tapes. :p

Got and watched all the extras in one sitting. The round table was interesting, although Joss did most of the talking and people like Danny Strong and Nick Brendan didn't have much to say. It was encouraging to see Charisma there as well, guess there aren't any hard feelings between her and Joss.

It's all cardboard. The front flap flips down and each season is in a flip book. The spine of the seasons make up a picture of Buffy and the gang, but there's no marking on it as to which season it is.

It's a clever box, but I still prefer the UK packaging.

TolkienCollector said:
I'm waiting for the price of the X-Files set ta fall. Hopefully, next year they'll be really cheap:D

TC :banana

Heck yeah, I remember paying over $100 per season for the X-Files. I have since sold them on ebay, but it would be nice to pick them up again.

OK,,,, I just ordered the complete series boxset on deepdiscountdvd for $111 shipped. Some of you guys are going to think I'm crazy but I've never even seen one single episode. I also ordered the Firefly complete series for $26. Can't pass up a good deal.

sideshowpdx said:
OK,,,, I just ordered the complete series boxset on deepdiscountdvd for $111 shipped. Some of you guys are going to think I'm crazy but I've never even seen one single episode.

I'd only consider you crazy if you don't like the series after watching the DVDs.

One caveat: The writers and the cast are feeling their way around during season one, but in Season 2, episode 13, "Surprise," the show, along with Buffy herself, matures big time and kicks major @$$!

Hope you'll post your impressions and "Welcome to the Hellmouth!, sideshowpdx!" :stake

If anyone else is still on the fence, order your copy now — sale ends tomorrow (11/19)!

bffy_pf.gif

FrankenFan said:
I'd only consider you crazy if you don't like the series after watching the DVDs.

One caveat: The writers and the cast are feeling their way around during season one, but in Season 2, episode 13, "Surprise," the show, along with Buffy herself, matures big time and kicks major @$$!

Hope you'll post your impressions and "Welcome to the Hellmouth!, sideshowpdx!" :stake

If anyone else is still on the fence, order your copy now — sale ends tomorrow (11/19)!

bffy_pf.gif

Cool... What season is considered "the best"? Like most great series',,, it takes them a season or two to get warmed up..

Well I would have to say season 2(mainly from "surprise" onwards) then 3 and then 5. Season 2 had the greatest storyarc once it got into it(the finale is unbelievable), but also had afew not so great eps. Season 3 also had a great story, bringing in Faith and one of the best villians on buffy imo, the mayor. Season 5 is kind of like season 2, it had some superb and truly heartbreaking episodes(ala the body) and also a really great villian and story as a whole.

Season 4, was a great season, some dont like it as much becouse of the new path it follows, like breaking apart, finding your way etc but as a season it probably had some of the best episodes ever done on buffy.

I have to run, so I write about the rest l8er!

Last edited:
Back