Statues = Heirloom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will you treat your LOTR collectibles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtb

Super Freak
Reaction score
How do you treat your priced collection as?

1. Pass on to my children as heirloom

2. Will just keep as long as I like, and sell them when something new fancies me.

3. Will definitely sell it when I grow out of it in my twilight years.

4. don't know.

My sons and daughter for that matter would probably cry more than me if I sold my LOTR collection .... ok, maybe not; but they do love them! :lol

What about the choice of burying them with me in a huge burial chamber, egyptian style????

Well I am planning on passing all my lotr stuff on to my kids not for investment sake though. if they love the stories as much as i do hopefully they'll want them because of what they are.

the aragorn pf will definently be passed on to my son along with the letter sideshow sent with it and a copy of my wife's Christmas note/contest entrything. i'm thinking since he goes by his middle name Stryder and that's who he's named after that he'll probably want it and will treasure it.

I'll sell something if I don't like it anymore but I am not planning on selling everything when I hit 50 or something, unless I don't like collecting anymore by then. I am definitely not gonna keep it as an investment.

I'm taking mine with me to the nursing home to decorate my room in the dementia wing. :)

If something would happen to me tomorrow, my mother wouldn't know what to do with any of it so my eldest brother will have a field day selling it all on eBay and pocketing the money for himself. He's like a vulture. :(

Out of the choices above I guess I would pass them on to my children but the reality is that if they didn't want them or weren't into them I'd probably just sell them off or give them to someone who was. Although I'm tempted to have my Andúril laid on my chest with my hands over it in the casket. :lol

I voted 3, whether it will ever happen or not I am not sure :lol but that is the one that has occured to me the most

I guess I'll pass them on to my kids if I ever have any. If I don't, then I guess I'll have them buried next to me, along with the rest of my collection. :lol I don't have too many LoTR collectibles though, I'm an all over the place collector I guess you could say. I don't think I'll ever grow out of collecting, but who knows what might happen. All I know is I'm happy collecting and they aren't going anywhere for a long time. :D

If I had kids, it would go to them. Given that that isn't looking too likely at the moment, I'm not sure.
I think I really would like to have them all with me in the nursing home at 95 (may need a bigger room), since I'd not want to sell them off while I'm still around as I then won't have them to look at.
Depending on the state of forums/internet, etc when the time nears, if I can find someone that would want and cherish them as much I had, then maybe I'd just leave them to said person/people in my will.

Too many "it depends" and "what ifs" for me to truly answer now.

If I have kids and they want them, then that's fine.
But what if I'm 70 and prices are really high for polystone and I'd rather have an RV?!

LOL LOL LOL

I guess I'll pass them on to my kids if I ever have any. If I don't, then I guess I'll have them buried next to me, along with the rest of my collection. :lol I don't have too many LoTR collectibles though, I'm an all over the place collector I guess you could say. I don't think I'll ever grow out of collecting, but who knows what might happen. All I know is I'm happy collecting and they aren't going anywhere for a long time. :D

I don't know what your family members would think of your anime collectibles though, Havok. "I didn't know he was into that sort of stuff!" :eek:

I have a feeling, I'll wind up selling most of my stuff to buy a dream car.
Sounds good for my middle age crisis.

Back