bring back the creature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess they need all that extra time for the CG creature. ;)

Have they made a decision if they're going costume or CG?

Darth Waller said:
I guess they need all that extra time for the CG creature. ;)

Have they made a decision if they're going costume or CG?

It's too early. They're in early pre-production now, from what I hear.

I found this in Hollywood Reporter:

"The studio plans to update the look and the technique of shooting and use a combination of CGI and some practical effects for the monster. Designing the creature is under way.

The studio is planning on a summer shoot in the U.S. as well as Central or South America."

Posted at the Classic Horror Film Board:

How about a 1:1 Gill Man?

https://p075.ezboard.com/fmonsterkidclassichorrorforumfrm38.showMessage?topicID=318.topic

And, page two of this thread has some spoilers from recent drafts of Gary Ross' screenplay:

https://p075.ezboard.com/fmonsterkidclassichorrorforumfrm38.showMessage?topicID=283.topic

cftbl.jpg

Last edited:
Luckily I was able to get the Silver Screen Creature off the waiting list. I still haven't been able to find a Regular Creature for less than $80. I most likely would have bit the bullet and gotten one but since I'm confident we'll see a Premium Format 1/4 Version from Sideshow, I'm waiting patiently and drooling at the thought. If I see a regular Creature for around $50-$60, I will pick it up though.

I hear tell that there will be no more 1/6 Universal Monsters. Come on, there has to be an Ygor. Also, there were three 'Creature' films, so why not a third Creature? I guess the 'Creature Walks' figure wasn't all that popular. Still who wouldn't get it if they made it.

creecher said:
I hear tell that there will be no more 1/6 Universal Monsters. Come on, there has to be an Ygor. Also, there were three 'Creature' films, so why not a third Creature? I guess the 'Creature Walks' figure wasn't all that popular. Still who wouldn't get it if they made it.

Actually the Creature Walks figure sold pretty well. It didn't sell out in a week or something outrageous like that but it did sell pretty well. I do believe that it was gone after about 6 months or so.

Someone posted that. Not pointing my finger, that would be rude. Was it a joke? A rumour? We shall see. Nothing official, or should I say there was no link to an official announcement for it to be verified. Scaremongering? At the least it gets tongues wagging and maybe a few emails sent to the authorities. We should organise legal action. I expect an Ygor, as this is the only figure that hasn't been replicated from the 8inch line to the 12 inch. Still, there are plenty of monsters that can be made to extend the line.

Me too!

I also got one of the SSE Creatures when it was posted as a second chance! Now if only I could find the color one at a descent price. I've seen it as low as $89 in the past year, but most I have seen have been $129 or better. Of course, I just know, deep down in my heart, that Sideshow will figure out all the production issues and one day release a 1/4 scale Creature! You know, I might actually consider buying two when it finally gets made! One for the office, and one for home! :banana

I was reading through the chat transcrpit you posted in another thread Lonnie. Thanks for that.

So here is what Brant said. " <SideshowBrant> Beyond the 12" Metaluna Mutant - not sure about more Universal, for a little while...

To me, this means Ygor WILL be released at some time in the future. This is fantastic, or to put it in Sideshow terms, FANTACULAR. I have patience. Thames hand me a chocolate bar, some fast food, and chips. This has made me hungry.

creecher said:
I was reading through the chat transcrpit you posted in another thread Lonnie. Thanks for that.

So here is what Brant said. " <SideshowBrant> Beyond the 12" Metaluna Mutant - not sure about more Universal, for a little while...
was that in reference to only 12" figures or all Universal products including the 1/4's?

Back