Sideshow Exclusive PF Leia Low Stock Alert!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the warning, already ordered my Exclusive Leia days ago though.

SideshowDusty said:
We'll try to give warnings like this as often as possible on fast-selling items from now on! :duff

You guys are doing an awesome job regardless of what some people think. :banana

kierbaudy said:
Dusty, can you fix my newsletter, it always arrives late? :confused:

We are very keenly aware of the problems with the newsletter, and believe me, we wish that we could send out all 20 million (well, not that many, but it's still a lot :p) newsletters and have them arrive instantaneously in inboxes around the globe! The problems come with your ISPs (AOL, etc). Since we blast out thousands upon thousands of newsletters at the same time, some ISPs only let a few in per hour from our mail delivery system because they may think it is spam. The newsletters leave our server in a timely manner (we have checked, and re-checked to make sure), but they are getting held up before being delivered to everyone, for various reasons. Chicky has posted on this matter in the 12" Luke thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=77599&postcount=232

She mentions some newsletter upgrades - for instance having it available on our website when it's published, which would require a log-in to read, instead of delivering it to your inboxes. Stay tuned for more info! I just want everyone to know that it's a problem we are aware of and that we are trying our hardest to find a solution to it!

:duff

Thanks for that Dusty. My newsletter didn't arrive until Sunday evening last week (it usually always arrives first thing Saturday). Fortunately, the Star Wars section came on time and I was able to get an exclusive Luke. Phew!:banana

Mine came at exactly the same time!!:horror

But the newsletter does nt bother me enormously because(and i might be the only one thinking this)it does nt contain a lot of...well...news.I can find everything i need to know,and more,through the good folks on this forum.

That would be cool to log in and see the newsletter for the week. ALSO I really love the quanity show icon that is now up! I hope we see more of those on other products.

Ordered it on the first day, but this icon rules! :banana

low_04.jpg

Ditto for the login newsletter, because I always get mine late, and I still have not gotten my newsletter at all for last week. But I wonder if login would just create another set of problems of a slow server with everyone logging in at once trying to read the newsletter. because you know, once we have the options all the SSF will want to know the exact time the newsletter is posted etc...

Also, the thermometer low quantity alert is a very cool marketing gimmick. I'll have to remember that if I ever get back into product marketing.

Thanks for your reply Dusty. I know some of the timing also depends on when you signed up for the newsletter, but mine looked like it got rolled back a full day from it's usual appearance. I signed up in Jan 2004. Log in's are a good idea but server overload will make it difficult.

Feel free to shoot me down for this as i have nt got a clue as to the logistics involved,but what about Text messaging?Otherwise,everythings going to be a mad scramble is nt it?

Back