Repainted sith anakin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

small_studios

Super Freak
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to paint Darrens resculpted SideShow Anakin. I posted a before shot of the stock head sculpt from Sideshow.

Before the resculpt and paint up
d0.png

After
d2.png

IMG_8368.png

d1.png

You are The Man JOSH..... that is sick.... Love it...Cant wait to get my done....

Last edited:
WOW. Without a resculpt that looks a LOT like Hayden Christensen. If I had the money I think I'd be sending off each one of my figures to get redone.

What else can I say but perfection that’s exactly what I wanted. And sorry RiceaRoni it's mine LOL.:chew
SS should give you a job. You make them look GREAT. I can't wait to get that thing.

Last edited:
Looks great, much better than the stock paint!

Just a minor nitpick, I find that the right eye is a little off, not exactly looking at the same direction as the left eye. Other than that, great work!

You're gonna hate to hear this, because the quality of the eyes repaint is so well done, and I suspect you already know, but they aren't looking the same direction. The right one is looking too far to the right. That's what's preventing him from having the intimidation look the slightly upward stare is intended to protray. Just providing an objective suggestion for improvement.

Looking good as always. You have such a delicate and detailed control over your brush work it's amazing. The work on places like eyebrows, eyes, hairlines etc is always so well done.

...one thing that always throws me off though, and I realise that this is probably just personal taste on my part... is that the red noses and cheeks always feels a little heavy for me, makes all your repaints look like they've got hey fever or a heavy cold, lol

....but I adore your detail work so much that it doesn't really matter :lol

You're gonna hate to hear this, because the quality of the eyes repaint is so well done, and I suspect you already know, but they aren't looking the same direction. The right one is looking too far to the right. That's what's preventing him from having the intimidation look the slightly upward stare is intended to protray. Just providing an objective suggestion for improvement.

I would agree if the eyes were intended to focus on an opponent directly in front of him -- although, trade secret, film actors are trained to focus one eye on their scene partner and one eye off to the camera. But as it is, I think Anakin has that surveying-the-carnage-that-he-hath-wrought look which is created by focusing on something in the distance and that is how I remember seeing him in the film. I like the eyes.

I appreciate the comments guys. Always looking for feedback so i can improve on whats needed.

Darren: I got to say you made painting that sculpt fun. Ill say it again if your looking for an upgrade to Sideshows Anakin def contact him for one. My hat goes off to you on your resculpts! Def looking forward to Ripley.

Back