IMO, the best single piece that Sideshow has ever created

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshowpdx

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is the 1:1 Predator bust. I've had this for around 6 months now and it is hands down my favorite piece. Every little detail is incredible. Even the clear "drool" that is on his fangs and chin is an awesome touch that you know the sculptor took extra pride in his work. I've been wanting to give special props to this bust for a long time now. I also have the Alien Queen but I think the Predator blows her away...

theaterpredator2-vi.jpg

theaterpredator4-vi.jpg

If I could afford it, the Alien Queen bust would be my must have. Predator isnt my thing as much but i agree its just stunning.:horror

My vote would be the Aliens Queen bust.

Predator bust is very nice though.

Gruson said:
My vote would be the Aliens Queen bust.

Predator bust is very nice though.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Alien Queen but the detail of the Predator simply blows her away (just my little opinion). Here are a couple pix of my Alien Queen.

theateralienqueenbust2-vi.jpg

theateralienqueenbust1-vi.jpg

Funny, I think the opposite.

I had the Predator bust but something just did not look right to me. It's big, it's nice but I just did not like something about it...on the other hand, I was thrilled with the Aliens Queen.

I am trying to sell my Predator for $550 and still no takers!

Oh well.

Gruson said:
Funny, I think the opposite.

I had the Predator bust but something just did not look right to me. It's big, it's nice but I just did not like something about it...on the other hand, I was thrilled with the Aliens Queen.

I am trying to sell my Predator for $550 and still no takers!

Oh well.

That's what makes this forum great! Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Heck, if we all liked exactly the same thing this would be a pretty boring place. I really surprised that no one will buy your Predator at $550. I paid $750 for mine when it first came out.

Why why why!! OH WHY must you post such beautiful pictures!!!! I've been eyeing the Predator bust for a while now and I keep going back to SSC website to check out the detailed pics. I especially love the deep red veins (or arteries?) inside the mouth.... That $550 Gruson is lookin' to get sounds tempting.... :naughty

Silverbc3 said:
Why why why!! OH WHY must you post such beautiful pictures!!!! I've been eyeing the Predator bust for a while now and I keep going back to SSC website to check out the detailed pics. I especially love the deep red veins (or arteries?) inside the mouth.... That $550 Gruson is lookin' to get sounds tempting.... :naughty

DO IT!!!! You won't find a better deal than $550......

Well time for my opinion, which is the best single piece that Sideshow has ever created? Bang for buck, it has to be the Creature from the Black Lagoon 12 inch Universal Monster. The Predator is quite unique, but there are hundreds of 1/6th scale figures and this one rules the roost.

I havent seen the Alien bust in person, but I was in awe of the Predator bust even before I saw it in person. The drool blew my mind. I don't recall seeing much drool watching Predator, in particular. Not like the gushes produced by the Alien prior to a delicious attack. I guess that was saved for the collectors that bought it.

Hey Wiki,

Nice growing collection of 1/4 pieces...I mean dolls.

:)

The PF line is VERY addicting, huh?

I just noticed that the 1/4 Predator is supposed to ship Q1 2006, is that right??!?!

Cannot wait for that one!

I love these "dollies". I may go out and just buy a couple dozen barbies so my 1/4 Hellboy can pimp them all out to the rest of my collection and 1/4 Pred when it gets here. Dolly-Whore House, think the Weta statues will get jealous? :p lol

Seriously though, they are VERY addicting Gruson. My younger brother has the 1/4 Classic Freddy and a good friend of mine has the Demon Freddy and Jason, I love em! As for the predator I honestly doubt it will ship in time. Regardless if it is pushed it is well worth the wait, that goes for the 1/4 Grievous.

A bit off-topic, I recall you initially brought up the problems visible on the first prototype of 1/4 Vader PF(which I totally agreed with at the time). Trust me Gruson, your gonna love it! With the changes and modifications on this PF, it freakin rocks!

Predator in Q1 '06? Along with Darth? Right after Han?

...anybody need their driveway shoveled? Lawn mowed?

...a kidney?

Yup, I HATED the prototype Vader. There were so many issues with it...

THANK GOD SIDESHOW CORRECTED IT FOR ME.

LOL

j/k

I love the recent pics of Vader and Kenobi is also amazing.

It is going to be an incredible year with all of the new 1/4 pieces.

I'm throwing my vote with PDX on this one. I have both the Alien Queen and the full-size predator and I prefer the pred. Queenie is great and all, but 1/4 is 1/4, and 1:1 can't be beat!

JAS

Gruson said:
Yup, I HATED the prototype Vader. There were so many issues with it...

THANK GOD SIDESHOW CORRECTED IT FOR ME.

LOL

j/k

I love the recent pics of Vader and Kenobi is also amazing.

It is going to be an incredible year with all of the new 1/4 pieces.

Theyve corrected and improved it numerous times! Show how deditcated sidehsow is at getting it right(mostly:rolleyes: )

heres a link to see a side by side comparison of all the improvements, o and a pic of 12" Luke!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?cat=26

Back