PDA

View Full Version : IMO, the best single piece that Sideshow has ever created

sideshowpdx
11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Is the 1:1 Predator bust. I've had this for around 6 months now and it is hands down my favorite piece. Every little detail is incredible. Even the clear "drool" that is on his fangs and chin is an awesome touch that you know the sculptor took extra pride in his work. I've been wanting to give special props to this bust for a long time now. I also have the Alien Queen but I think the Predator blows her away...

http://images1.fotki.com/v13/photos/1/194554/737503/theaterpredator2-vi.jpg

http://images9.fotki.com/v179/photos/1/194554/737503/theaterpredator4-vi.jpg

BDboystoys
11-13-2005, 10:29 PM
If I could afford it, the Alien Queen bust would be my must have. Predator isnt my thing as much but i agree its just stunning.:horror

Gruson
11-13-2005, 10:31 PM
My vote would be the Aliens Queen bust.

Predator bust is very nice though.

sideshowpdx
11-13-2005, 10:39 PM
My vote would be the Aliens Queen bust.

Predator bust is very nice though.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Alien Queen but the detail of the Predator simply blows her away (just my little opinion). Here are a couple pix of my Alien Queen.

http://images9.fotki.com/v189/photos/1/194554/737503/theateralienqueenbust2-vi.jpg

http://images9.fotki.com/v190/photos/1/194554/737503/theateralienqueenbust1-vi.jpg

mannix DLS
11-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Awesome display, Sideshowpdx !!! :rock

Gruson
11-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Funny, I think the opposite.

I had the Predator bust but something just did not look right to me. It's big, it's nice but I just did not like something about it...on the other hand, I was thrilled with the Aliens Queen.

I am trying to sell my Predator for $550 and still no takers!

Oh well.

sideshowpdx
11-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Funny, I think the opposite.

I had the Predator bust but something just did not look right to me. It's big, it's nice but I just did not like something about it...on the other hand, I was thrilled with the Aliens Queen.

I am trying to sell my Predator for $550 and still no takers!

Oh well.

That's what makes this forum great! Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Heck, if we all liked exactly the same thing this would be a pretty boring place. I really surprised that no one will buy your Predator at $550. I paid $750 for mine when it first came out.

Silverbc3
11-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Why why why!! OH WHY must you post such beautiful pictures!!!! I've been eyeing the Predator bust for a while now and I keep going back to SSC website to check out the detailed pics. I especially love the deep red veins (or arteries?) inside the mouth.... That $550 Gruson is lookin' to get sounds tempting.... :naughty

sideshowpdx
11-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Why why why!! OH WHY must you post such beautiful pictures!!!! I've been eyeing the Predator bust for a while now and I keep going back to SSC website to check out the detailed pics. I especially love the deep red veins (or arteries?) inside the mouth.... That $550 Gruson is lookin' to get sounds tempting.... :naughty

DO IT!!!! You won't find a better deal than $550......

TheWitchKing
11-14-2005, 06:19 PM
I saw the Pred bust at SDCC and agree its awesome, although I had to have the Alien Queen bust myself.

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/9319/newpicagain7sh.jpg

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/6879/newpic4ry.jpg

Im a huge James Cameron fan so this was a must for my collection.

creecher
11-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Well time for my opinion, which is the best single piece that Sideshow has ever created? Bang for buck, it has to be the Creature from the Black Lagoon 12 inch Universal Monster. The Predator is quite unique, but there are hundreds of 1/6th scale figures and this one rules the roost.

I havent seen the Alien bust in person, but I was in awe of the Predator bust even before I saw it in person. The drool blew my mind. I don't recall seeing much drool watching Predator, in particular. Not like the gushes produced by the Alien prior to a delicious attack. I guess that was saved for the collectors that bought it.

Gruson
11-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey Wiki,

Nice growing collection of 1/4 pieces...I mean dolls.

:)

The PF line is VERY addicting, huh?

I just noticed that the 1/4 Predator is supposed to ship Q1 2006, is that right??!?!

Cannot wait for that one!

TheWitchKing
11-14-2005, 08:11 PM
I love these "dollies". I may go out and just buy a couple dozen barbies so my 1/4 Hellboy can pimp them all out to the rest of my collection and 1/4 Pred when it gets here. Dolly-Whore House, think the Weta statues will get jealous? :p lol

Seriously though, they are VERY addicting Gruson. My younger brother has the 1/4 Classic Freddy and a good friend of mine has the Demon Freddy and Jason, I love em! As for the predator I honestly doubt it will ship in time. Regardless if it is pushed it is well worth the wait, that goes for the 1/4 Grievous.

A bit off-topic, I recall you initially brought up the problems visible on the first prototype of 1/4 Vader PF(which I totally agreed with at the time). Trust me Gruson, your gonna love it! With the changes and modifications on this PF, it freakin rocks!

Darklord Dave
11-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Predator in Q1 '06? Along with Darth? Right after Han?

...anybody need their driveway shoveled? Lawn mowed?

...a kidney?

TheWitchKing
11-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Just eBay the kidney but not the 12 inch exclusive luke, that would just be absurd. :nono :p

Viking28
11-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Lets not forget we have a Doom 1/4 also!:google

Gruson
11-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Yup, I HATED the prototype Vader. There were so many issues with it...

THANK GOD SIDESHOW CORRECTED IT FOR ME.

LOL

j/k

I love the recent pics of Vader and Kenobi is also amazing.

It is going to be an incredible year with all of the new 1/4 pieces.

Darklord Dave
11-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Lets not forget we have a Doom 1/4 also.
And shouldn't Elektra be around that time as well?

...maybe TWO kidneys?

Jeff A Simon
11-14-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm throwing my vote with PDX on this one. I have both the Alien Queen and the full-size predator and I prefer the pred. Queenie is great and all, but 1/4 is 1/4, and 1:1 can't be beat!

JAS

BDboystoys
11-15-2005, 12:28 AM

LOL

j/k

Theyve corrected and improved it numerous times! Show how deditcated sidehsow is at getting it right(mostly:rolleyes: )

heres a link to see a side by side comparison of all the improvements, o and a pic of 12" Luke!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?cat=26

Minimodel
11-15-2005, 02:20 AM
I ll go along with Creecher and "The creature from the black lagoon",along with these my favourites are Nazi Kroenen,PF Connery Bond and the "Thunderball" Bond.All are just superb.

BDboystoys
11-15-2005, 02:57 AM
AAH!!!! I cant believe I missed the creature figure. Why o why couldnt I discover Sideshow sooner!!!!!! WHY!?!?!:banghead

creecher
11-15-2005, 04:42 AM
11 year olds aren't meant to have it. Well, you were when it came out. Sorry, but you had to ask. Lmao.

Best bet is ebay. Stores that have it, that I have seen, want over US$100, as does ebay.

More on topic. If you categorise the best under different headings. I would say the best PF is Dracula. Wolfman or Napoleon following closely behind. I am glad IMO set the precedent in this thread. Without it, it would be a bun fight.

sideshowpdx
11-15-2005, 09:57 AM

LOL

j/k

It's hard to believe that it's been almost a year since Sideshow announced the Vader Exclusive. I just checked my Sideshow account and I placed my order on February 19th of this year. It seems like yesterday.... Hopefully we'll have it before February of '06. A full year is a long time to wait for this guy.

revilal
11-15-2005, 10:17 AM
never really liked the look of the Predator bust...
too scary looking and way too big for my measly shelf space.

Would love to have that alien Queen though :)

Bonehead15
11-15-2005, 03:00 PM
My favorite would have to be the PE Dracula. It's just perfect!! :D

As far as 1/6 figures go, I agree that the Creature, Nazi Kroenen, and the others mentioned are all great. My personal favorite though is Werewolf of London. It's just a fabulous figure with an awesome sculpt and great outfit. I also think that Wyatt Earp is perfect.

moonlightdrive21
11-15-2005, 06:08 PM
I completely agree!! Nothing tops the Predator bust in my opinion. I have MANY Sideshow items, but this one is the ultimate. I don't know if it will ever be toped by anything Sideshow does!!

Dave